Page 123 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Trump has hired women not just to deflect criticism he'd receive from the "liberal media." More importantly, he's hired certain kind of women. Mostly white. Anti-feminist. Subservient to Trump. Just the way he likes them. They're the fucking help because EVERYONE (regardless of race and sex) is the fucking help to Trump!

This is where it gets personal but I've been pretty open here so....

Maybe I should take this to the feminism thread, because while I try to stay on top of things and be the best I can be, maybe I'm not understanding some aspects.

Feminism is about women being treated with respect and as equals, right? That's the goal across the board. So in my life, I try to treat them the same way I treat the men in my life (except the ladies I am trying to date, I try to treat them exceptionally well but I'm a notoriously awful opener/shy for A LOT of reasons....that belongs in another thread too!).

The general reactions seem to be:

01 Right--We don't need feminism for a lot of reasons (mostly we don't understand it)! I'm holding a sign that says Trump can grab my pussy any time he likes! Or: The bible says a woman should serve the man. Or: I'm a gold digger! Or: I was raised a certain way and breaking from that is scary. Or: I like being taken care of and keeping house and taking care of the kids. Etc...

02 Left--We love feminism (but we've maybe created too many divisions of it)! I can do whatever I want and I don't have to explain my shitty actions because FEMINISM (Lena Dunham, many women I've known)! Or: I just want the same opportunities and equal treatment as men. (good! Yes!). Or: Men are fucking awful. We don't actually want to be treated equally, we want to take over!

Politically, especially in Trump's admin (I'm looking at you, Kelly Anne Conway and Sarah Huckabee Sanders), the focus seem to be "I'm getting paid to say and do these things and get a sweet position on my resume." And fine. But is it feminism just because they're there? I don't think so.

Sorry for tangenting. I do that.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-15-2017 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I felt like an idiot for not recognizing this at first. It's the first thing my wife pointed out during the Kellyanne Conway thing. I was stuck at "it's myopic and playing into tribalist dichotomy" ... meanwhile holy shit it's incredibly sexist and NOT feminist to discount the success of women because of the men they work with or because of the choices they have made in life (political alignment).

Feminism just shouldn't be partisan. The fact that it has become so partisan really dilutes it :/
    Trump's comments, attitudes and policies support continued mistreatment of women en masse.

The fact that he's put a few into positions of power does not negate the damage he has done and continues to do to women in general, and to peoples treatment and attitudes towards women on the whole.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I thought it was funny how nobody talked about all the women. It goes against the narrative of Trump being a horrible misogynist bigot. If a Dem were president we would hear about it nonstop because *progress*
    It's not funny so much as there's so many dumpster fires you can't see the bright spots. Kind of like when the sun is out you can't see any stars.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    "35 is check out time"
    "grab em by the pussy"
    "she was bleeding from her... wherever..."
    "I don't want to sound like too much of a chauvinist, but when I come home and dinner's not ready, I go through the roof."
    "Y'know, it doesn't really matter what they write, as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass"
    "you have to treat em like shit."
    "she could only be described as attractive if you like a woman with bad complexion who is built like a linebacker"
    "all of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me... that's to be expected."
    "I think putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing... Unfortunately, after they're a star, the fun is over for me. It's a creation process,. It's almost like creating a building. It's pretty sad."
    When Howard Stern asked if he could have 'nailed' Princess Di, "I think I could have." 3 years after her death, he ranked her number 3 on the list of women he'd have liked to have sex with.
    "I think Gloria [Allred] would be very impressed [with my penis]"

Alt-feminist, yeah...
    Yes!! All of this. I won't let it slide ever. He's revealed who he is many times. He's not any kind of fucking feminist. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Trump's comments, attitudes and policies support continued mistreatment of women en masse.

The fact that he's put a few into positions of power does not negate the damage he has done and continues to do to women in general, and to peoples treatment and attitudes towards women on the whole.
    Exactly! It's like when people try to suggest there were nice slave owners. Great! They still owned slaves. Trump comes from era where his mindset was the norm. Most of his peers are dying and moving out of the workforce. Those attitude are considered antiquated and aren't tolerated as much anymore (I fucking hope). But now we have president pussy grabber who gets way too much credit for even slightly being a good boy.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Everyone responding to the topic of Trump and the women around him is replying in the same way: they talk about discounting Trumps positives due to his negative. That's it. No mention of the success of the women. Trumps negatives are all you require to discount the women? yikes...
    I didn't say that at all. I said I know who he is and he's not a feminist.

Also, most of those women would probably be successful with or without him. Many women have achieved great things with out his help. Association doesn't mean much to me if his views and treatment of women can't back it up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Everyone responding to the topic of Trump and the women around him is replying in the same way: they talk about discounting Trumps positives due to his negative. That's it. No mention of the success of the women. Trumps negatives are all you require to discount the women or completely ignore their achievements? yikes...

And in one case it was discounting them because of the "type" of women they are. Killll meeeee.
    I talked about his positives not overruling his negatives, and I stand by that very strongly.

It sounds like you're trying to use the women around Trump as a shield for his misogyny. Reminds me of the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" defense.

This man is indefensible.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    But Hitler was a vegetarian painter who loved animals, and had charisma to spare!

This is all all reminding me of the song from the South Park movie...

Last edited by Jinsai; 09-15-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Everyone responding to the topic of Trump and the women around him is replying in the same way: they talk about discounting Trumps positives due to his negative. That's it. No mention of the success of the women. Trumps negatives are all you require to discount the women or completely ignore their achievements? yikes...

And in one case it was discounting them because of the "type" of women they are. Killll meeeee.
    Yeah, I 100% judge people by the content of their character (or lack thereof).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Honestly of all the things Trump has done, talking shit about women is the silliest thing to get riled up about.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Honestly of all the things Trump has done, talking shit about women is the silliest thing to get riled up about.
    NOTHING anyone says on ETS about politics is changing ANYTHING in any real way. GTFO of the war room with this pithy bullshit. "Oh guys, don't we have more impotant shit to talk about, yet I draw attention to nothing specifically other than to suggest you change the subject."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Systemic sexism is fucking offensive. I'm assuming you are a white man since you felt the need to say being offended by the president's views on women is silly. Way to be a mansplainer!!

For me, his stance on women should've been enough to disqualify him in the primaries. He even said that horrible shit about Megyn Kelly and still got elected. I actually blame her (and Jon Stewart) for his election success. If she stood up to him and rebuked him for basically being like "she's on her period, guys", she could've changed the narrative and the election. Instead she acted like a coward and was all "I'm not a feminist".

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Meagan Kelly at least challenged him with the question that elicited the "bleeding from... wherever" comment.... which is part of the baffling immunity he flaunted. "Oh she asked me during the debate if I was a sexist? She must've been on her period." Yes, that stunning shit happened in plain sight, and we were just confused... meanwhile sexist assholes got excited and chanted "Lock her up, Trump that bitch!!!"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Sexism had a LOT to do with why Hillary lost the election, and I think it's quite important that we talk about it... or that we get riled up about, as you'd say.
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 09-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Getting riled up about the President of the United States of America blatantly and repeatedly treating women as inferior people - or simply as objects - isn't appropriate? You've got to be joking. He's the leader (in title, at least) of one of the most powerful countries in the world, and he uses the megaphone that comes with his position to demean and demoralize half the country based on whether or not they have a vagina. That's a huge fucking problem.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-17-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So $25 million went to the first Obama inauguration yet $107 million went to the inauguration for the GWOTUS: https://www.avclub.com/nobodys-sure-...d-f-1818490389

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What does shrinking the monuments actually do for America at large? I mean I know what it does for farmers and those around the parks, but what about the several million other people who want to enjoy these things?

And are we the only country that sets aside such huge tracts of land like this? Or at least so much? Guess it's a land-size issue because I know Australia has a few big parks.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What does shrinking the monuments actually do for America at large? I mean I know what it does for farmers and those around the parks, but what about the several million other people who want to enjoy these things?

And are we the only country that sets aside such huge tracts of land like this? Or at least so much? Guess it's a land-size issue because I know Australia has a few big parks.
    You don't see what this actually is? Companies want to mine/dig for oil/frack on these lands. They've all had a hard-on about it since that piece of shit won. Thats the only reason that asshole submitted that letter. I am firmly against this, as is anyone else who gives a shit about the environment.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh I know about that, hence the "at large". I don't give two shits if Shell Oil and their investors can put an extra decimal point on their sheets, I'd much rather have a nice park to look at.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politi...ans/index.html

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think they had reasonable cause due to he's ties and money to foreign governments
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 09-18-2017 at 09:36 PM. Reason: two to too to tutu

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i think they had reasonable cause due to he's ties and money to foreign governments
    -Louie
    His neckwear may have been ugly, but if that's grounds for granting a FISA request, this country is in trouble.

I'll see myself out now.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Exclusive: US government wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/18/politi...ans/index.html
    Sad that it wasn't during that controversial meeting - that's probably where some of the most damning conversations would have come up. And it sounds like most of the sources they spoke with have already said that there's nothing conclusive to be had from the recordings either, so they themselves won't be a smoking gun. It does show that they must have had something pretty serious on him to even have that request granted back when they first did so, which was pre-campaign if my groggy self read the article right.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Sad that it wasn't during that controversial meeting - that's probably where some of the most damning conversations would have come up. And it sounds like most of the sources they spoke with have already said that there's nothing conclusive to be had from the recordings either, so they themselves won't be a smoking gun. It does show that they must have had something pretty serious on him to even have that request granted back when they first did so, which was pr-campaign if my groggy self read the article right.
    I'm sure they had reason, he lied on his security application for head of our nations security, I know if I lie on any nda's I sign I can be held criminally liable and that's just for pen-testing software
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    edited out stuff, better yet:

see this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7922316.html
    Last edited by allegro; 09-19-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    god, this all makes me feel like this nightmare might soon be over...

If there's one thing I've learned from tv, investigations don't get this brash until you've got the evidence that you needed to collect quietly. Mueller's got the smoking gun.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Trump now refers to Kim Jong Un as "Rocket Man."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What John Kelly is thinking right now: "I can't believe I'm working with this dumbass motherfucker"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The United Nations laughing at Trump: