Thread: 2017.07.30 - New York City, NY @ Panorama Music Festival

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Bought a Sunday ticket as soon as I got off Holy Ship this past Saturday b/c I didn't want to take any chances. Promptly found out at work today that I will almost surely have access to free passes, just like last year. Fruuhhhhstraaaaating.

Festival was handled about as well as a fucking Randall's Island event can be. Randall's Island is by FAR my most hated place to go for shows. I never go. I went last year to Panorama b/c I had like a half dozen free passes at my disposal and gave to alot of people, and wanted to see Foals, Flosstradamus, Anderson Paak & Kendrick. They all delivered, but it was hot as fuck and really annoying as such. Hope for a cooler day this year, but end of July in NYC usually sucks.

They did a pretty solid job with the shuttle buses last year. I drove from Bayonne where I live to Harlem, parked on 124th Street and walked one block up where the MTA shuttles were. There was a line and a worker directing flow for getting on a bus. Waited about 10-15 minutes for a bus to show up (it was around 5pm) and then promptly got on, got a seat and was brought relatively close to the actual entrance to the fest on Randall's Island. Getting a shuttle out was good too, they had alot of them lined up and we didnt wait long at all for one. I was impressed. I hope the bus shuttle flow is the same.

If NIN & Tribe DON'T conflict, I will be a a very happy camper. Have never seen Tribe live other than like two songs at my radio station's xmas concert last year. And you can guarantee that Busta & Consequence AT LEAST will be there for the NYC show.

Get there early & check out Cloud Nothings also. They rule:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Bought a Sunday ticket as soon as I got off Holy Ship this past Saturday b/c I didn't want to take any chances. Promptly found out at work today that I will almost surely have access to free passes, just like last year. Fruuhhhhstraaaaating.
    Came to the thread to lurk as I can't afford to buy a pass for Sunday. Immediately saw this post that you bought one, and have access to free ones through your work. Can't say that it makes me jealous; just wondering why I've wasted so much of my life at a shit job, which I hate, that gets me nothing. . .

Fuck I'm depressed. . .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Came to the thread to lurk as I can't afford to buy a pass for Sunday. Immediately saw this post that you bought one, and have access to free ones through your work. Can't say that it makes me jealous; just wondering why I've wasted so much of my life at a shit job, which I hate, that gets me nothing. . .

Fuck I'm depressed. . .
    Hey nin64, New York is hard. I'd definitely agree with that. Not sure how much you use this board but check out the Speak Your Mind section. Also, someone else mentioned that scalpers buy weekend passes but end up needing to sell single days last-minute. Maybe bank on that for a cheap price.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Hey nin64, New York is hard. I'd definitely agree with that. Not sure how much you use this board but check out the Speak Your Mind section. Also, someone else mentioned that scalpers buy weekend passes but end up needing to sell single days last-minute. Maybe bank on that for a cheap price.
    (Also lurking because I would much rather spend the travel time and money on going to multiple shows instead of just one, hoping Trent lets us know about more shows soon...)

This is actually how I went to Made In America. I was lucky enough to live in Philly at the time, and just waited for people who bought 3-day passes to sell off the days they didn't care about and got a really cheap one day ticket to see NIN. It's not just scalpers, people who are interested in 2 of the 3 days save money getting a 3-day pass, especially if they can sell off the 3rd day (usually well below cost just to get it sold). I have a friend who used to buy season passes to hockey games and sell off the games she couldn't make it to (work schedule) which would pay for the season pass, so she would go to games for close to free because a season pass is way cheaper than tickets for each individual game.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post

Fuck I'm depressed. . .
    This didn't sell out last year, and judging by the fact that tickets didn't sell out when they went on sale, you could probably test your luck on scalper sites the week of desperate with those unloading. They also have payment plans on their site if that helps.