Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.07.30 - New York City, NY @ Panorama Music Festival

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I will probably bail on the meet up if it is in the afternoon + in the city. I live much, much closer to the shuttle in Brooklyn, and while there are not other bands I really want to see that day, I do want to spend some time seeing the other attractions at the festival.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I will probably bail on the meet up if it is in the afternoon + in the city. I live much, much closer to the shuttle in Brooklyn, and while there are not other bands I really want to see that day, I do want to spend some time seeing the other attractions at the festival.
    Now that you mention it, I might be more inclined to show up even earlier to see what they have in store other than the music acts. Meeting up on the festival grounds is an option as well.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Definitely down for meeting AT the festival. But heading to Manhattan doesn't make much sense for me, really.

Obviously do what the majority want to do. I am open to meeting y'all on the festival grounds somewhere in the afternoon. I think our plan is to start creeping around the main stage around 6:00 and gauging what it looks like.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I'm honestly up for whatever. I could care less about the attractions at the fest. I only here to see NIN. lol.

The Brooklyn side is fine with me. I have no probs taking the train over from where I'm staying. But again, up to what people want to do. Let's make something definitive!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, come on! This looks rad as fuck.

Then my vote is obviously for something on the festival grounds.

The ferry departure point is kind of a dead area as far as bars and such go. If everyone is super set on doing something outside of the festival grounds, then the shuttle departure point provides a LOT more options as far as meeting places. It is in Peak Williamsburg, and there is stuff everywhere. There is a Barcade that is like 3 blocks south of the shuttle spot that opens at noon. http://barcadebrooklyn.com/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Getting there in time to catch Cloud Nothings. Sucks that Derrick Carter is DJing the same time as NIN.

Still have that regular GA admission wristband up for sale. $100 all in. message me if you want it!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How much is the ferry and how often does it run? When I went to Governor's Ball last month I just walked across the bridge, didn't even know you could take a ferry.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Shuttle is $30, and I think the ferry is $35.

There isn't a set schedule that I've found. I imagine they just depart each time they are full.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Getting there in time to catch Cloud Nothings. Sucks that Derrick Carter is DJing the same time as NIN.
    Totally, that's what I am wanting to see besides NIN. Love DC.

OK, Festival grounds it is! Like 4-5ish?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm planning to be at the festival around 3ish, just to have plenty of time to look around and enjoy myself. I'm interested in lots of the other acts, but not desperate to see any of them in particular. So I'm all for meeting up AT the festival.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @Sarah K and I both are all for the meeting being at at the actual fest.

I can't believe this is only a week and a half away! This is my first time traveling for a NIN show, and I've never been in GA or close to the stage for them, nor seen them so early in a tour before, so this all kinds of exciting for me.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 07-18-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post

So now that the map is out and all, should we all make plans to meet up near The Parlor? Or somewhere else? That just seems like the best place to me since it's right in the middle. And what time are we talking about, again? Around 5?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Parlor seems like a good spot. Anyone ok with a little earlier - 4:00 meet up? Even though I went with VIP, I know I will still be anxious, sooner than I should be, about getting the best spot I can at the panorama stage for NIN. I know that might sound like I'm crazy, but I'm just being honest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I think we may as well go ahead and try and plan out some sort of meeting spot for anyone from ETS that wants to hang out now that way there's less last-minute planning and confusion later on. @Sarah K and I are going to be together for the fest, @ninlive and his brother will be there, etc. Maybe we should get a Facebook event thing set up or whatever? (I'm the worst with that stuff.)
    I'm in! I'll be there with a friend.

I'm thinking about going to see Derrick Carter after (if my old ass can make it and i can convince my friend)

Last edited by Demon.seed.22; 07-19-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did anyone here end up going the VIP route? I did, based on the theory that it would be easier to get a good spot near the front without needing to camp all afternoon. However, the map and photos from last year are making me second-guess that given how far off-center the VIP pen appears to be.

Said differently, I'm trying to force myself to stay spoiler-free, so obsessing about silly logistical questions is my solution for channeling that impulse...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, looking forward to this show... been a while! I'll be driving down Sunday morning from MA/RI. Is there a parking lot where that 34th Street ferry leaves from?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It feels weird dusting off this old username and password. cough cough.... I'm back bitches. And I will be in attendance next Sunday.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UninTY View Post
    It feels weird dusting off this old username and password. cough cough.... I'm back bitches. And I will be in attendance next Sunday.
    In case you've not read the thread, a bunch of us are planning on meeting up at the festival grounds, probably sometime around 4, but it's all flexible for now. You'll be able to tell it's us by all of the black shirts; I'm sure that'll set us apart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akamuaka View Post
    Hi all, looking forward to this show... been a while! I'll be driving down Sunday morning from MA/RI. Is there a parking lot where that 34th Street ferry leaves from?
    yes but they are $$$$. Give yourself some extra time and park on the street. you should be able to find parking after hunting for a few minutes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Did anyone here end up going the VIP route? I did, based on the theory that it would be easier to get a good spot near the front without needing to camp all afternoon. However, the map and photos from last year are making me second-guess that given how far off-center the VIP pen appears to be.

Said differently, I'm trying to force myself to stay spoiler-free, so obsessing about silly logistical questions is my solution for channeling that impulse...
    Went VIP, already failed at going spoiler free. I still think the VIP will allow us to enjoy the day a bit more and be able to get a really great spot around 5/6 pm. I think if you had went GA and want anything at the rail you need to get there real early.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I also have a VIP ticket.

Great. We can all band together and shove our way to the front.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I went VIP out of pure desperation for rail and to have air conditioning spots available throughout the day. Every NIN show I've been to has been in seats and far from the stage so this will be new territory for me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Haha, looks like we all were thinking along the same lines. I went for VIP as well.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, if anyone here is also going to the Telefon Tel Aviv/Ally show the night before, Sarah and I are going to be there. Also, there's a Panorama afterparty at some venue at High Line -- nobody seems to know if there's an entry fee or dress code or what, but it sounds interesting.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Haven't posted here in a while but I'm going and bringing my daughter who's my long-term NIN partner and her boyfriend who's never seen them. So happy to be going - it's been almost 3 years since we've seen NIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FINALLY remembered my password! And yeah, I went VIP too. Coming in from the Comfort Inn in the Bronx.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So with the morse code found on the FYF flyer, what are all of the promotional images for this show? Any chance there's something hidden that we've all missed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BTW.... I know it's a week out and the weather is a changeable thing.... but as of this moment the weather for next Sunday in NYC appears to be 85 degree's and sunny. Here's to hoping it doesn't get any hotter!!!!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So with the morse code found on the FYF flyer, what are all of the promotional images for this show? Any chance there's something hidden that we've all missed?
    This is the only image that's been posted by the NIN camp for Panorama, no?