Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    This lines up well with NIN also doing Lollapalooza and Osheaga. I hope this is part of a headline tour though.
    I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.
    I don't think so. They generally avoid hardrock/metal-oriented festivals.
    HeavyMTL is cancelled in 2017 anyway.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Normally I'd be dropping everything and planning my vacation over the announcement of a NIN show, festival or not. But, I just can't get behind this lineup. Everyone thought TOOL looked out of place at Governor's Ball? NIN on this bill looks just as out of place. I have to pass and hope for another date to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Heavy MTL has actually been temporarily suspended this year and will return in 2018. The Amnesia Rockfest however which is also in Quebec, is in full swing this year on June 23-24, which up until today's announcement I would have said NIN are 100% out, but now that this festival has been announced, the chances of them showing up at Amnesia has just tripled.

If not Amnesia, then I can see them going to Osheaga or the Festival D'ete de Quebec in Quebecy City (July 6-16).

I would be terribly surprised if they're not on one of these 3 festivals this year.
    I'm hoping it's Amnesia for the sake of only having to travel out east once this year. I'm taking my girlfriend to Amnesia this year for her birthday. We already have the hotel booked.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Normally I'd be dropping everything and planning my vacation over the announcement of a NIN show, festival or not. But, I just can't get behind this lineup. Everyone thought TOOL looked out of place at Governor's Ball? NIN on this bill looks just as out of place. I have to pass and hope for another date to pop up.

Heavy MTL has actually been temporarily suspended this year and will return in 2018. The Amnesia Rockfest however which is also in Quebec, is in full swing this year on June 23-24, which up until today's announcement I would have said NIN are 100% out, but now that this festival has been announced, the chances of them showing up at Amnesia has just tripled.

If not Amnesia, then I can see them going to Osheaga or the Festival D'ete de Quebec in Quebecy City (July 6-16).

I would be terribly surprised if they're not on one of these 3 festivals this year.
    I'm hoping it's Amnesia for the sake of only having to travel out east once this year. I'm taking my girlfriend to Amnesia this year for her birthday. We already have the hotel booked.
    I can confirm with certainty that NIN is not doing the Amnesia Rockest. As for Osheaga, I do have a few contacts at Evenko from my heydays as a band manager but they are very secretive when it comes to Osheaga. I don't think I could squeeze that info our of them.
    In any case, forget about the Rockest. Ain't happening.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I can confirm with certainty that NIN is not doing the Amnesia Rockest. As for Osheaga, I do have a few contacts at Evenko from my heydays as a band manager but they are very secretive when it comes to Osheaga. I don't think I could squeeze that info our of them.
    In any case, forget about the Rockest. Ain't happening.
    You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe you that NIN won't be at Amnesia.

This is an open question to anyone, but since you used to be in the business you might have a better answer to this... but how are bands chosen for a festival?
    How does the festival know what bands will or will not be touring when they are planning their events? Do they just have a list of bands they want, and contact their touring management and ask if the band is willing to play that event that year? Or is there some secret list of bands that will be active that year that is given to festivals to pick and choose who they want at their festival? Or, do the bands say "We want to do festivals this year" to their touring management and say "go schedule some for us" and then the touring management tries to put together a touring route based on what festivals are offering the most. Is it like a bidding war?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-11-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    You seem to know what you're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe you that NIN won't be at Amnesia.
    I didn't want top burst anyone's bubble. Maybe the NIN gods will contradict me just fuck me.
    If Rammstein hadn't already been booked as one headliner, I think NIN may have been a possibility but the way this festival is working they won't have Rammstein and NIN as their two headliners.
    If I hear anything to the contrary I'll be sure too share the info here.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This is an open question to anyone, but since you used to be in the business you might have a better answer to this... but how are bands chosen for a festival?
    How does the festival know what bands will or will not be touring when they are planning their events? Do they just have a list of bands they want, and contact their touring management and ask if the band is willing to play that event that year? Or is there some secret list of bands that will be active that year that is given to festivals to pick and choose who they want at their festival? Or, do the bands say "We want to do festivals this year" to their touring management and say "go schedule some for us" and then the touring management tries to put together a touring route based on what festivals are offering the most. Is it like a bidding war?
    There are so many factors that go into booking bands to a festival. Established festivals are usually contacted by management who want to secure a slot on the festival.
    Organizer are also looking at soundscan in the area to see if the band will draw its share of fans to the festival.
    Bands that have new albums out will be looked at.
    If a band is touring, it'll cost definitely less to book than a band that do a one-off date.
    From my perspective,since I was managing local bands, I had to contact organizer a year in advance in order to secure opening spots. Ob

Those are just a few things that I can think on the top of my head.