Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Primus had a bad habit of doing this in 2005 and 2008. I love Les Claypool and all but it's clear that he didn't really give a shit at the time.
    That wasn't a new lineup though, and those were really just filler shows in between touring for his solo stuff/side projects. Once Jay Lane joined in 2010, they started touring like crazy and haven't really slowed down since.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    If they decide to just play NTAE in full, it will be such a letdown.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If they decide to just play NTAE in full, it will be such a letdown.
    NTAE in full seems more likely than TDS in full to me...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Looking at the full album performances announced so far they seem to really focus on anniversary albums. Year Zero seems the likeliest of the bunch -- they used art from it to promote the show, it turns ten this year, everybody seems to be talking about it the most out of past NIN records, etc. Trent never seems too hot on the whole "play the entire album in order" way of doing things, but I could see YZ happening.

That said, the thought of them playing nothing but a 21 minute EP as a headlining act is hilarious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Looking at the full album performances announced so far they seem to really focus on anniversary albums. Year Zero seems the likeliest of the bunch -- they used art from it to promote the show, it turns ten this year, everybody seems to be talking about it the most out of past NIN records, etc. Trent never seems too hot on the whole "play the entire album in order" way of doing things, but I could see YZ happening.

That said, the thought of them playing nothing but a 21 minute EP as a headlining act is hilarious.
    YZ is my 3rd favorite NIN and a definite top 10 all-time overall, but I'm pretty sure outside of this board and places like it, the general reactions would play out thusly: "Holy fuck, NIN is played TDS in full" vs "NIN played a 10 year old album nobody's heard of...what the fuck?" And I want to make it clear that YZ would be my preference, but I gotsta keep it real. (But holy fuck, feel free to prove me wrong, Trent!)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Honestly if they opened with NTAE straight through and continued the setlist from there, like they did with The Downward Spiral at Webster (and at one of the West Coast dates soon after), it would be pretty awesome. I'd be happy with it, anyway. But if the band is going to be playing a full, true-blue album at Riotfest, Year Zero is definitely one of the more likely candidates given the ten year anniversary, the promo art referencing Survivalism, the general relevance of it in our current dystopian landscape, etc.

It's possible it ends up being The Downward Spiral straight through like in 2009 too, of course. As someone who was in attendance at Webster Hall, it makes for an incredible show. But remembering that night, and how insanely exciting it was to have what was happening become more and more apparent track-by-track (Heresy: "is this actually happening?!", Ruiner: "YES THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING"), I feel like it's almost a shame that they're announcing the albums in advance. Having that rolled out for us without any warning was mind-blowing.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    in our current dystopian landscape, etc.
    lol wut???

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    lol wut???
    The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Chicago Cubs have won World Championships, man. All hell has broken lose.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The Cleveland Cavaliers and the Chicago Cubs have won World Championships, man. All hell has broken lose.
    May a higher power help us all if the Browns and Lions ever meet in the Super Bowl.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    All I really want out of this run is a bunch of high quality recordings of Burn Bright performed live if I'm being perfectly honest with myself here so as long as we get that, I'm going to have a hard time complaining (not that I won't; I'm a NIN fan after all).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    All I really want out of this run is a bunch of high quality recordings of Burn Bright performed live if I'm being perfectly honest with myself here so as long as we get that, I'm going to have a hard time complaining (not that I won't; I'm a NIN fan after all).
    I still just cannot envision this being a good song live. I love it on the album. It's my clear winner of the new tracks. But live? It just strikes me as something that wouldn't translate well. But hey, I won't complain if I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm with the others that think there has to be more than just a handful of festival dates. Financially, even with good pay days from said festivals, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to put together some type of production and management and crew and rehearsal time/space, etc. just for X amount of shows. If they were like Tool doing the same thing once a month every year over and over then that would be a different story.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'm with the others that think there has to be more than just a handful of festival dates. Financially, even with good pay days from said festivals, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to put together some type of production and management and crew and rehearsal time/space, etc. just for X amount of shows. If they were like Tool doing the same thing once a month every year over and over then that would be a different story.
    Yeah, I agree with this. When they go on stage at FYF, it will have been nearly 3 years since NIN last performed live, so them just getting together to play a few festivals here and there with no real tour doesn't make sense to me.

I feel like if they don't announce any tour by June 1st, then it's not happening this year, but that will surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Also could be that he wants to perform some of this new material without the stress of touring.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There are still several festivals that go later & later into the fall. ACL for example announces it's lineup on 5/4, and that festival isn't until October. Every later festival that gets announced with them headlining is a later potential chance for a NIN tour. So now that we know they're doing Riot Fest, we could see a September/October tour for example. Any tour announcement could potentially be held up from being announced until a certain festival (ACL, Voodoo, etc) gets their lineup out there first, as they usually get to put their bands out prior to those bands announcing a tour.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-25-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I wonder if holding off announcements in anticipation of other announcements really have that much impact on ticket sales.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I wonder if holding off announcements in anticipation of other announcements really have that much impact on ticket sales.
    Considering how many people are holding off on buying festival tickets to see if 1) anything closer to them or 2) a full tour is announced, I would imagine it makes enough of an impact.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are there still rumors of a NIN/QOSTA tour? I know QOSTA is supposedly making an announcement of some sort today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think most people here forget that there's plenty precedent that NIN announced their tours and then added festivals whenever they were announce. The last example I remember was 2014, when NIN/Soundgarden's tour was announced in mid-March and then Pemberton Festival was added in early April. While I have no idea if there is more coming regarding NIN live 2017, I think there is no reason to believe so other than the hope and believe that putting a band together for three festivals over a span of three weeks seems a lot of effort. I'm still holding out hope for Pemberton again, due tomorrow it seems, as it would make my life much easier, but otherwise I'll go to single day in Chicago. I feel this is a few festivals only, seeing that in the interview when NTAE dropped there was no touring planned, and a few shows is not touring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone is possibly looking to score a 3 day pass for Riot Fest, Concord Music Hall is doing a contest on their official Facebook page.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This pemberton thing is hilarious; also sounds like they have a 22 year old kid running their official twitter account.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    sounds like they have a 22 year old kid running their official twitter account.
    They're just taking extra time to make it totally perfect fam!

Ugh; I'm so sorry for anyone reliant on that fest due to their geography for this touring cycle since they seem like a circus to deal with.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    They're just taking extra time to make it totally perfect fam!

Ugh; I'm so sorry for anyone reliant on that fest due to their geography for this touring cycle since they seem like a circus to deal with.
    *raises hand*

So sick of these clowns... Even if NIN is on the bill, I'm questioning wanting to give them any money at this point.

Most unorganized festival ever! And the sad thing is? They were TERRIBLY unorganized in 2014 when they brought the festival back from the dead that died in 2008, and nothing has changed in 3 years, In fact, they've gotten worse.

Now they just laugh and giggle and share stupid memes of them "dropping the ball"
    They know they're a joke. They're laughing all the way to the bank at all the suckers that bought pre-sale tickets already.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm sick of those pemby cunts too... it's such a shit show. For a while I wanted NIN to play there cause I'd like to see them in Canada, but now I really hope they are not in the bill cause I don't wanna give those shitheads from pemberton one looney.

Hopefully NIN will come to anotherr festival in Canada... maybe Virgin fest in toronto (if it still exists)?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I'm sick of those pemby cunts too... it's such a shit show. For a while I wanted NIN to play there cause I'd like to see them in Canada, but now I really hope they are not in the bill cause I don't wanna give those shitheads from pemberton one looney.

Hopefully NIN will come to anotherr festival in Canada... maybe Virgin fest in toronto (if it still exists)?
    I have seen NIN more times in just the city of Toronto (not including nearby shows like Hamilton) than in my home state. I might be down for a Toronto stop.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is it possible NIN would do ACL?

https://www.aclfestival.com

Or is that festival sort of too hipstery for NIN?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Is it possible NIN would do ACL?

https://www.aclfestival.com

Or is that festival sort of too hipstery for NIN?
    Well, they recorded a show on ACL, so why not a whole festival? Keeping my fingers crossed for more dates.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Well, they recorded a show on ACL, so why not a whole festival? Keeping my fingers crossed for more dates.
    Yeah, same here. Near the South is where I'm hoping NIN will be because I can actually make it out there. Are there any more venues NIN could make an appearance at in the South/Texas besides ACL?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, Pemberton festival is finally out, and it's soooooo laughably bad! No NIN of course, lol...
    I didn't want to give them any money anyway after the way they strung along their fans anyway.

Worst lineup ever. This festival just shot themselves in the foot.

Now, to jump the gun on Riotfest or wait to see if something else gets announced... Hmmmm......
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-28-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Now, to jump the gun on Riotfest or wait to see if someone else gets announced... Hmmmm......
    I think ACL, Made In America, and Voodoo are the only festival possibilities left at this point. I'm holding off until June 1st; if no proper tour has been announced by then or TR hasn't given us a heads up, I'm looking at Panorama and Riot.