Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    If the wording In the CoS article is correct, Panorama will be their live return. So, that would rule out Bonnaroo, as it's in June. Last year's Roo was a total failure ticket sales wise. Would love to see them there again seeing as how I live in Nashville. Roo lineup drops tomorrow. I'd think either Lolla or Osheaga would be a lock though given their dates. Lolla tix went fast last year...

How do you know they won't be opposing each other? Is there only one stage? Not trying to piss on your parade, just curious.
    They won't be at Bonnaroo. As for Lolla, I doubt it, since they've been on the lineup pretty recently, but I know TR has a good relationship with the festival, and since it's four days now, they may need a band like NIN to fill out the lineup, despite the recency of them headlining. They won't be opposing ATCQ either. There's only three stages at Panorama, if anything, they'll be opposing Justice, which is fine, because Justice fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    As for Lolla, I doubt it, since they've been on the lineup pretty recently, but I know TR has a good relationship with the festival, and since it's four days now, they may need a band like NIN to fill out the lineup, despite the recency of them headlining.
    They first headlined Lolla in 2008, & again in 2013. Considering they were "on hiatus" from late 2009 through early 2013, I don't think the one-year difference is a deal breaker.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They first headlined Lolla in 2008, & again in 2013. Considering they were "on hiatus" from late 2009 through early 2013, I don't think the one-year difference is a deal breaker.
    They didn't have a big crowd in 2008, and even less in 2013, I'd be surprised if they were back. They're not in the tier of RHCP, who came back within a four year difference but can still draw massive crowds, or even Muse for that matter who are playing again and would probably outdraw NIN at Lolla. I love NIN, but they're not exaclty the band that fits the festival's current demographic.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    They didn't have a big crowd in 2008, and even less in 2013, I'd be surprised if they were back. They're not in the tier of RHCP, who came back within a four year difference but can still draw massive crowds, or even Muse for that matter who are playing again and would probably outdraw NIN at Lolla. I love NIN, but they're not exaclty the band that fits the festival's current demographic.
    I was at both, and 2013 was PACKED- it was on a Friday. I remember not being able to get single day Friday resell tickets for face either, but they were very readily available for the Sunday acts (The Cure maybe???). Saturday was the night of the highest priced tickets. Don't remember right now who it was but I'm sure a quick google search will help for those that want to know.

NIN can still be a headliner for Lolla since they sell all their tickets prior to even announcing the acts, and they've had headliners that don't draw as well as NIN. Should rename it "Millenial Hipster Fest".

I get what you're saying, it's not exactly 1994 anymore. But a 3-4 day festival can do worse than NIN as one of two headliners per night.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I was at both, and 2013 was PACKED- it was on a Friday. I remember not being able to get single day Friday resell tickets for face either, but they were very readily available for the Sunday acts (The Cure maybe???). Saturday was the night of the highest priced tickets. Don't remember right now who it was but I'm sure a quick google search will help for those that want to know.

NIN can still be a headliner for Lolla since they sell all their tickets prior to even announcing the acts, and they've had headliners that don't draw as well as NIN. Should rename it "Millenial Hipster Fest".

I get what you're saying, it's not exactly 1994 anymore. But a 3-4 day festival can do worse than NIN as one of two headliners per night.
    Not saying they aren't a good headliner, but 3 times in nine years is kind of lazy booking, no matter who the headliner is.

Where were you for that 2013 set? I remember running after Hot Chip finished their set right as NIN took the stage, and was able to get really close and leaving several times to pee and get beer and had no problem zipping through the crowd.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not saying they aren't a good headliner, but 3 times in nine years is kind of lazy booking, no matter who the headliner is.

Where were you for that 2013 set? I remember running after Hot Chip finished their set right as NIN took the stage, and was able to get really close and leaving several times to pee and get beer and had no problem zipping through the crowd.
    The three of us got there minutes before QOTSA went on, and decided to park our feet on the walkway that was behind the mix and slightly west as that gave us a bit of a stepping stone (2 out of the 3 of us are short so the added height helped). As the night went in the crowd just got bigger and bigger, pushing as back as we wanted the best POV and not necessarily being the closest. And I had to piss and get beer as well, checked out trying to get closer and to the sides and definitely wasn't worth it.

Contrast that to 2008 where I was doing the same thing and ended up about 20 rows back and in between the right side of the stage and right screen. To be honest I don't know how Lolla was promoted then- did they attempt to sell out before announcing the acts? We ended up getting tickets from someone that won them on 102.1fm Milwaukee that didn't want to go, the afternoon of that Sunday they were playing. Got them for $20 total I believe and only reason for doing the short trip was the Minneapolis show got cancelled night before due to Trent getting sick. Had no intention of going to a shitty festival but couldn't pass that up regarding the circumstances.