Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I mentioned this in the other thread, but there is no logical reason to press CDs for an alternate take / instrumental / outtake version of an album that was released 17 years ago. Especially at around $20-25 for a 3 CD set. That just screams excess inventory /

And it's been less than a day since all this was announced, everyone take a chill pill and see what else rolls out. I have a strong feeling you will be able to grab the digital versions quite easily if you wanted to...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    And it's been less than a day since all this was announced, everyone take a chill pill and see what else rolls out. I have a strong feeling you will be able to grab the digital versions quite easily if you wanted to...
    Nope. (not legally, anyway)

The Fragile: Deviations 1 will not be available on any digital services and only available in this format while this limited run lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    people who have the means to rip the audio and share it online.
    No ripping required. It comes with a digital download.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    I mentioned this in the other thread, but there is no logical reason to press CDs for an alternate take / instrumental / outtake version of an album that was released 17 years ago. Especially at around $20-25 for a 3 CD set. That just screams excess inventory /

I would absolutely pay 30 bucks for a deluxe version of The Fragile. I still collect CDs, I don't download music or own a record player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I would absolutely pay 30 bucks for a deluxe version of The Fragile. I still collect CDs, I don't download music or own a record player.
    Same here. This is a bummer.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Same here. This is a bummer.
    Look what Zeppelin and Tori did with their recent remasters. A full CD (or two) of bonus material. I wish NIN would do the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I agree absolutely. The only reason I'm pondering taking the plunge on this is because my family gifted me a good chunk of money recently. If that hadn't happened, there's no way I'd be thinking of buying this.

I get why vinyl is supposed to be better. And if you want to have an "experience" like Trent wrote on nin.com, knock yourself out. If I had a record player I can't see myself sitting down with the vinyl and just listening to it and doing nothing else more than a handful of times. The rest of the time I would listen to it digitally. I could do that at work, or driving, or exercising, or just farting around the house. I'm guessing most of these $80 vinyls will be kept by most owners as display pieces.

Trent went from the guy who complained that his record label was overcharging for his records so go ahead and steal them to the guy who said HM "costs 10 bucks or go fuck yourself." Now the price of entry is 80 bucks, and this is just the beginning? Not cool.