Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I remember Alan Wilder (Recoil) answering about the original The Fragile, wonder what he'd think about 4 LP version? :-) http://oldsite.recoil.co.uk/forum/qa/gother6.htm

"I have heard 'The Fragile' a few times now and it is growing on me. As an outsider it's clear to me that there was a dilemma about whether to cut it down to a single LP or take the more bold and somewhat risky step of releasing a double. Obviously, a lot of effort went into making it and it would have been very difficult to shelve so much work but personally I would have edited it down to a very strong single album. Having said that, I like the way it breaths and takes it's time to evolve and seep into your consciouness. Generally, I like the moments that don't sound like previous NIN - the quieter, atmospheric sections that feature more adventurous sounds. Despite it's drawbacks, still a vastly superior record to most others released these days."

Edit: I renamed and un-tagged "Was it worth it?" and offered listen a few coworkers, got them curious and things like Shazam don't know it, cool. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 01-02-2017 at 05:37 AM.