Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    So is anyone else besides me refreshing the official store's vinyl page 500X a day, hoping that $25 Social Network LP magically reappears back in stock..?
    Just in case you didn't notice, you can just enter your email address and it'll email you when back in stock.

I got an email about Gone Girl and thought about it but decided not to. Then it was sold out when I checked back the next day.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Well, Im pretty bummed out I cannot play these DE version on my phone since Iphone doesnt support 96k. I officially miss android.
    You can probably get a music player for iOS that does support 96k, but the hardware doesn't, so what you would be listening to would be downsampled to 48. On the other hand, I know of no Android handsets that support 96k, and I imagine the vast majority support 16/48 at best.

When I last looked into downsampling for Apple devices, dbPowerAmp was the go-to tool to do it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    My filthy casual ear cannot tell the difference in the Fragile. I can tell broken is louder, but it doesn't seem like the mix is any better.
    Your filthy casual ears should pick up on the extended mixes, and the extra tracks, at least!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    Just in case you didn't notice, you can just enter your email address and it'll email you when back in stock.

I got an email about Gone Girl and thought about it but decided not to. Then it was sold out when I checked back the next day.
    I've entered my e-mail for it about 17 times now, I think. Hopefully, they get the message

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Can somebody tell me how big the Fragile: DE ZIP is supposed to be? 7Zip and Winrar are both telling me the archive is corrupt, but I'm not sure if it's because the download fucked up. Windows is telling me the ZIP is 6,640,848,896 bytes, 6,485,204KB, and 6.18GB. Which seems all fucked up. Does anybody have an MD5?

=/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I've entered my e-mail for it about 17 times now, I think. Hopefully, they get the message
    Their email notification stuff does work (or at least it did for me). Saw that Lost Highway and Natural Born Killers were sold out awhile ago and plugged in my email; got a response back later in the day when they were available briefly again. (Though, alas, I'd been expecting them to not be back in stock for awhile and couldn't quite justify the extra cost on top of everything else I bought this week.)

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    just unpacking the fragile definitive edition (note- NOT deviations)- it's pretty exciting that they used the extended vinyl edition for the digital component as well- it's nice to hear '10 miles high' and 'the new flesh' in their proper sequence as well as the extended versions of TDTWWA/even deeper, etc. in a proper crisp digital format to really soak up the experience properly.

that all said, the only issue that's always baffled me over all these years is 'ripe'- i never understood why the 'decay' bit was left off. i've always preferred the way the cd ends vs. the vinyl. it's likely a space issue, now that i know a lot more about how all that works, but otherwise, i love the extended outro and have grown super attached to it over time.

it's too bad 'appendage' didn't get a proper outing from the cassette version either, but i suppose it keeps the whole thrill of multiple versions alive and well. or at least, these days, i suppose it's not too hard to flip some files around...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Finding out that the remastered version of "Ripe" doesn't include "Decay" is literally the worst news I've had all week. I honestly felt queasy for a second. I'm well aware that that's the world's biggest First World Problem, but holy shit, perspective doesn't make me any less sad about the fact.
    Decay is one of my favourite parts of the album. If they're going to create a whole different digital master anyway, why not include it? I know they're matching track lists to the vinyl pressing, but does he actually consider the "Definitive Edition" of the album to be without it?

Also, I've been checking my download page on sendowl for Deviations, and I see that the download counters for both TF zip and the Deviations PDF is gone. Must be unlimited for now until everyone's problems are resolved, but that's just an assumption.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-22-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    that all said, the only issue that's always baffled me over all these years is 'ripe'- i never understood why the 'decay' bit was left off. i've always preferred the way the cd ends vs. the vinyl. it's likely a space issue, now that i know a lot more about how all that works, but otherwise, i love the extended outro and have grown super attached to it over time.
    It's not a space issue. There's plenty of time left on that side of vinyl. I recall a previous discussion of "Ripe" where I ended up suggesting they were trying to sequence it so the riff that repeats at the end would happen at a moment where a locked groove could be cut so it'd repeat the riff forever, but because that's super tough to figure out and execute in a musical fashion, they did the next best thing and looped + faded it down. I dunno.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Can somebody tell me how big the Fragile: DE ZIP is supposed to be? 7Zip and Winrar are both telling me the archive is corrupt, but I'm not sure if it's because the download fucked up. Windows is telling me the ZIP is 6,640,848,896 bytes, 6,485,204KB, and 6.18GB. Which seems all fucked up. Does anybody have an MD5?
    'fraid I've already deleted the zipfile after uncompressing on my end, so I can't help you out with a checksum. However, those file sizes are not contradictory. A kilobyte is 1024 bytes, a megabyte is 1024 kilobytes, etc - you're not just dividing by a clean 1000 each time. If you plug your main "bytes" number into a calculator and divide by 1024 you'll see the numbers line up just as Windows is reporting to you.

(It does not help that hardware manufacturers often use 1000 rather than 1024 when advertising capacity for memory/HDspace/etc, because it makes the numbers look bigger. I seem to think that in one of those cases it's basically an industry standard to do it that way.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Ohhh man I forgot how amazing the extended version of Even Deeper sounded. Also using that 7-zip tool it looks like The Fragile zip is borked. For the flac/mp3/wav folders there's 2 copies of each track in there, same name but one file has Attributes on it while the other doesn't. I was only able to extract the files without Attributes on them. Think each folder having duplicate files by name is fucking up the zip. The other downloads do not show that issue.
    I'm having the same problem: Tried using 7-zip, etc., and no go.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So after listening through the Broken 2017 DE, I'm left with pretty much the same impression I had after listening to The Fragile 2017 DE: My mind, at least, is convinced that there's various details here and there which have been brought out more in the new mix, and it sounded fantastic, but once again I'm really not sure if it's not just a placebo effect. I am, after all, rather excited about all this NIN activity, so it'd be pretty easy to just convince myself that things are different.

Regardless: a fantastic excuse to revisit some older NIN material carefully.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I got an error extracting the Fragile: DE with WinRAR, but it seems like everything is fine... It said the archive is corrupted, but all of the FLAC songs I've tried have played fine so far.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Also, I've been checking my download page on sendowl for Deviations, and I see that the download counters for both TF zip and the Deviations PDF is gone. Must be unlimited for now until everyone's problems are resolved, but that's just an assumption.
    Thank you for this!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So, I went ahead and redownloaded the thing. Your file does, actually, seem to be possibly wrong... The full filesize that I have is: 6,640,848,820 bytes (76 bytes less than yours, pretty odd.) I verified that I can uncompress everything in it, though, so there's that.

md5sum:
    Code:
    62c46fc6aedda848be9a8a99bae8b1da  The Fragile (2017 DE).zip
    sha1sum:
    Code:
    b4df643226279f4c5b466455e4b54a32433a6b82  The Fragile (2017 DE).zip
    sha256sum:
    Code:
    d15ba75cf1e9193110955ae70bb4b38671d3aa0b66d58bd5aca7bf248f7fb712  The Fragile (2017 DE).zip

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    So, I went ahead and redownloaded the thing. Your file does, actually, seem to be possibly wrong... The full filesize that I have is: 6,640,848,820 bytes (76 bytes less than yours, pretty odd.) I verified that I can uncompress everything in it, though, so there's that.

md5sum:
    Code:
    sha1sum:
    Code:
    b4df643226279f4c5b466455e4b54a32433a6b82  The Fragile (2017 DE).zip
    sha256sum:
    Code:
    d15ba75cf1e9193110955ae70bb4b38671d3aa0b66d58bd5aca7bf248f7fb712  The Fragile (2017 DE).zip
    Hey thanks man. I'm actually downloading it again, since they've decided to make all of the downloads unlimited now. I'll check the hash when it's done!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    I really, really, really hope Trent put the segue between "The Becoming" and "I Do Not Want This" and the intro to "Reptile" in the right place on the new vinyl, because it drives me crazy that they're in the wrong spots on that last Universal pressing. Especially a shame because that pressing otherwise sounds soooooooo fucking good.
    Nothing tops the original 1994 UK pressing. That one sounds the best out of any of the versions currently available. The Holland pressing is a close 2nd...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    When did they change the links to unlimited downloads?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So my Fragile: DE checksum is correct, but still getting errors unzipping with 7zip and WinRAR.

Ideas?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Anybody else getting skipping at the very beginning of Mr. Self Destruct? Or is my TDS fucked up too??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post

md5sum:
    Code:
    My md5 matches yours.

I've only been working with the files on Android. FX file explorer's archive viewer didn't like TF zip, but this app worked fine (same people made WinRAR https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.rarlab.rar), no errors with the FLAC files so far.
    Last edited by blassster; 12-22-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I feel so left out, the only link I've gotten is for NTAE

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Anybody else getting skipping at the very beginning of Mr. Self Destruct? Or is my TDS fucked up too??
    Can anyone chime in on this so I can figure out wtf is wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone chime in on this so I can figure out wtf is wrong?
    I don't hear anything wrong on my FLAC file.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perterje View Post
    I don't hear anything wrong on my FLAC file.
    wtf I even downloaded the whole ZIP again and the same thing is happening.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    wtf I even downloaded the whole ZIP again and the same thing is happening.
    It happens in the WAV and MP3 versions too. What could possibly explain this?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So after following the steps others used (opening the Flac via WinRAR, converting to mp3 for itunes), I finally have TF DE on my ipod. Wow that was a chore, but, worth it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I got the "customer helpdesk version" of TFdE which is all the filetypes in one zip. 6.2gb, glad I have good internet..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i'm amazed i'm not seeing a peep of any of the definitive editions anywhere among sharing sites i'm aware of

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I got the "customer helpdesk version" of TFdE which is all the filetypes in one zip. 6.2gb, glad I have good internet..
    Didn't everybody get that for every album?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How is the Broken remaster? Some guy on a Facebook NIN group said it's awful. I don't have a record player so I didn't order any vinyl ( too expensive to order from Canada). If anybody feels like sharing any of these remasters I can send you some cash with PayPal. PM me if willing to share.