Page 15 of 123 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    In the Halos section, post-slip I see HM, Recoiled, and NTAE.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think I'm just going to refer to this record as Physical Component.

Yes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hey baby wanna see my Physical Component

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Hey baby wanna see my Physical Component
    I will bring it back to my house to deal with so hard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I will bring it back to my house to deal with so hard.
    Hopefully it ends up being the proper length to tell that story.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Most of the physical components I encounter are indeed quite unfriendly and fairly impenetrable.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I can't imagine getting a basic USB stick as the physical component. Trent wouldn't do that to us. Remember The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition?

I googled 'physical component' and an image that popped up was something similar to a key fob. It reminded me of a Tamagatchi, so I'm pretty sure we will be getting a nin Tamagatchi that will eventually evolve from an EP to an LP if you take care of it correctly.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can e-mail their customer service people and cancel it, as they haven't shipped out yet? That way the digital only costs you about a third of what you'd pay with shipping included.
    Good idea, I emailed them and asked them.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    I can't imagine getting a basic USB stick as the physical component. Trent wouldn't do that to us. Remember The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition?

I googled 'physical component' and an image that popped up was something similar to a key fob. It reminded me of a Tamagatchi, so I'm pretty sure we will be getting a nin Tamagatchi that will eventually evolve from an EP to an LP if you take care of it correctly.
    Such a sick concept. A Japanese NiN Tamagotchi. raise Trent reznor from an Egg to an Adult. Then decide if you want to starve him, make him sick, deprave him from his sleep, or let him live a happy life in which he dies of old age. Oh, and when he sleeps he makes Ambient noise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NIN is like a bad relationship for me at times...
    The timing couldn't be more worse but I will have to order as much as I can and hope that the Vinyl re-releases are still available in a few months. TF being my favourite NIN record I can't wait to hear Deviations and what the Physical Compenent is.
    I think the biggest problem for me as a NIN fan is finding a place to store all my stuff. I've moved country three times in the last 4 years due to work and in the end just end up shipping everything to my parents back home in Australia from Europe.

Ahhh...here we go again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Okay...

I caved in and got the Physical Component as well. $12 with free shipping is worth it just out of curiosity. I'm betting on something simple like sheet of artwork or something, but hoping it's going to be more interesting than that

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    Okay...

I caved in and got the Physical Component as well. $12 with free shipping is worth it just out of curiosity. I'm betting on something simple like sheet of artwork or something, but hoping it's going to be more interesting than that
    same here, then i realized it's a basic download (not HD, I should have paid more attention) and realized this is somewhat the price range for such things, therefore not expecting much from this component but hey, I am curious on this one and a surprise is a surprise.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I guess no singles to be expected. On hand I am happy, because the record remains a mistery, but on the other hand, I want NIN. Now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I refuse to peek at the song lengths. Also, I think it's highly likely that there will be vocals on NTAE.

Just as I wanted to compile my Favorite Records of 2016, now I have to wait a few more days....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    IAlso, I think it's highly likely that there will be vocals on NTAE.
    Do people assume nine inch nails has stopped having vocals? Is it just because of all the soundtrack work? Honestly, I would never consider a "new nin" release to be strictly instrumental unless it was stated that way. I assume the tracks will have vocals. Are most people expecting this to be instrumental?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Does no one care for the sanity of the severely Type-A?!
    Heh, I tend to include my "favorite records acquired in 20XX" list in a holiday letter which gets sent out, so I've resigned myself to necessarily flubbing it a bit, since those end up going out by mid-December anyway. Occasionally have some corner cases for stuff I pick up right at the very end of the year, alas!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Are most people expecting this to be instrumental?
    no way. i don't understand that speculation at all.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I don't remember where I saw it, but I could have sworn I read on the day it was announced that the EP will have vocals on every track. Maybe I'm making that up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    'She's gone away' I'm guessing is related to 'Lights In The Sky'?

I'd assume that this new track about watching, or has watched, someone drown themselves (figuratively speaking) ...?
    Last edited by snaapz; 12-20-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Do people assume nine inch nails has stopped having vocals? Is it just because of all the soundtrack work? Honestly, I would never consider a "new nin" release to be strictly instrumental unless it was stated that way. I assume the tracks will have vocals. Are most people expecting this to be instrumental?
    what about Ghosts?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    what about Ghosts?
    Ghosts was explicitly marketed as being instrumental, I believe. (ie: stated that way. )
    Last edited by xolotl; 12-20-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: fixing smiley/end-paren messiness

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So is The Fragile Deviations going to be available digitally Friday on iTunes etc? That is what I'm confused about. I did order my $12 physical new ep.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam411 View Post
    So is The Fragile Deviations going to be available digitally Friday on iTunes etc? That is what I'm confused about. I did order my $12 physical new ep.
    I hope there's a digital version. I don't have a turntable. If not, hopefully someone rips it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As stated in the product description, The Fragile: Deviations 1 will have a HIGH RESOLUTION DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE 12:01AM PST 12/22 (Thursday). It won't be available on any digital platform or service, only nin dot com. NTAE will be available for download on the 23rd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thank you. I completely missed that. Now I'll be ready. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No problemo NTAE will be available on iTunes/Spotify/etc. but The Fragile Deviations will not be, which i suppose answers my original question as to why TF Instrumentals were pulled from Apple Music a while back.

Also to comment on the instrumental/vocals speculation, i'm going to guess that if there are any instrumentals on this, it will probably be Branches/Bones in the form of an intro track. (Is anyone else excited for that one btw? Freaking awesome title)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shit, is it Friday yet? Wish they would stream this somewhere...waiting is agony...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    Shit, is it Friday yet? Wish they would stream this somewhere...waiting is agony...
    I don't need to actually hear anything in full, I just want some sort of lead up... I am not a fan at all of the "surprise release" marketing. I really enjoyed the teases for With Teeth and of course the marketing leading up to Year Zero was amazing... since then it has been lacking.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    As stated in the product description, The Fragile: Deviations 1 will have a HIGH RESOLUTION DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE 12:01AM PST 12/22 (Thursday). It won't be available on any digital platform or service, only nin dot com. NTAE will be available for download on the 23rd.
    Included as a bundle or as a standalone as well?
    Last edited by Piko; 12-20-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel good about hearing nothing before hand considering there is only about 20 minutes of music. If this were a double album or even a full album it might be enjoyable to get a single but I'm looking forward to being surprised.