Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    There were, like, five different album covers for Hesitation Marks.
    They were actually different. Not just variations (well except for this version)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    One of my favorite lines from anything ever was from the show Six Feet Under: “You know what I find interesting? If you lose a spouse, you’re called a widow or widower. If you’re a child and you lose your parents, then you’re an orphan. But what’s the word to describe a parent who loses a child? I guess that’s just too fucking awful to even have a name.”
    Many heads blew up after hearing this It's also one of my favorite lines ever.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    They were actually different. Not just variations.
    There were even variations on the alternates...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If you manually add the tracks (one by one) in one of your own Spotify playlist, the durations appear (they are on my screenshot).
    I can see durations even without adding tracks.

offtopic ps. <3 Kraw's name of playlist for Manson --> "Misha Manson" )))

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, if there were a Black and a White version of this EP, I would be disappointed with the artwork. I mean, just reversing colors? Lame.

Since the Black artwork is only visible on the Facebook page, and nowhere in the store, I still think the real one will be revealed later.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    If you manually add the tracks (one by one) in one of your own Spotify playlist, the durations appear (they are on my screenshot).
    The "Leaves" is intriguing though. We know "She's Gone Away" had already been been recorded in February (at least February, 27 as mentionned here, and it was already 6:00), and was published on Spotify under the name of "Nine Inch Nails".
    Maybe Trent and Atticus wanted to go under a new band name for this project ?
    Or starting a serie ? like ghosts. It does refer to the first track name too. If branches are bones, what are leaves ? time and years ?.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 12-19-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There's the Sesquipedalism I know and love!

Excited for this record, to say the least.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Or starting a serie ? like ghosts. It does refer to the first track name too. If branches are bones, what are leaves ? time and years ?.
    Wau, what a great romantic attempt on a concept!

To me, "branches/bones" reminds of something like:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I also like how symmetrical the NTAE name is, 3, 3, 6, 6 letters. :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Almost-grey code?

(Sasha Grey code))

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah me too.

I'm regretting immediately buying this whachamacallit collectible. Had I known this music would be available on iTunes later, I would've waited and not gotten any limited edition whatever. I'm by NO means a collector of ANYTHING physical (except single original works of art). Bleh. I don't like shit collecting dust. Lately, I'm more into storing things "in the cloud" where I can't be bothered by clutter. Bad wording on the web site. Whatever this is might go into the receptacle.
    hey, if you don't want it, i'll come grab it from you.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Well, if there were a Black and a White version of this EP, I would be disappointed with the artwork. I mean, just reversing colors? Lame.

Since the Black artwork is only visible on the Facebook page, and nowhere in the store, I still think the real one will be revealed later.
    They're not just reversed , the little scratch marks have moved from the bottom-right on the B-on-W version to the top on the W-on-B version.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    They're not just reversed , the little scratch marks have moved from the bottom-right on the B-on-W version to the top on the W-on-B version.
    Haven't we already seen a white-background version with the scratch marks also on the top? I remember someone pointed this difference out here.

Edit: Found it. Here: https://twitter.com/nineinchnails
    Last edited by Dimitri.; 12-19-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, we do have three versions:

I was mistaken, even the last two are indeeed different, and not just color-reversed. (http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/840794grey.jpg )
    Last edited by Dimitri.; 12-19-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ those covers are so 'Still' it shouldn't even be up for debate

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hey, if you don't want it, i'll come grab it from you.
    I'll keep that in mind, unless it's a pepper spray keychain.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Is this where people are discussing the TR/AR "Vietnam" soundtrack? Couldn't find it elsewhere.

https://play.spotify.com/user/johnkr...sKapD5tqAmCI0J
    There's now a thread in the score section with all compiled info thus far. Feel free to add new info there: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...nam-War-(2017)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

I was mistaken, even the last two are indeeed different, and not just color-reversed. (http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/840794grey.jpg )
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah me too.

I'm regretting immediately buying this whachamacallit collectible. Had I known this music would be available on iTunes later, I would've waited and not gotten any limited edition whatever. I'm by NO means a collector of ANYTHING physical (except single original works of art). Bleh. I don't like shit collecting dust. Lately, I'm more into storing things "in the cloud" where I can't be bothered by clutter. Bad wording on the web site. Whatever this is might go into the receptacle.
    I'm pretty sure you can e-mail their customer service people and cancel it, as they haven't shipped out yet? That way the digital only costs you about a third of what you'd pay with shipping included.

It's definitely left ambiguous as far as what it will be. I am excited.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    There's 14 pages of content that I'm not going to sift through, but has anyone pointed out how the cover is reminiscent of Kanye's new album with the repeating text?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Trent's long-standing Earl Sweatshirt admiration is finally surfacing on NTAE..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck it. It doesn't matter if the physical component is a turd in a can, I still ordered it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm still clinging to the hope that it goes streamable today or tomorrow as unlikely as that may be. Friday is just so far away

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Friday is just so far away
    Seriously. I am not ordinarily one to be craving the end of the week, but why the hell isn't it Friday yet?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    And now, baseless speculation from:
    1) Staring at track lengths and titles
    2) Thinking about it being meant to be played loud and it being described as inaccessible
    3) The consideration that these tracks have been floating around in demo form since Feb. at least; suggesting to me that this may have been written not far off from the creation of material for Before The Flood

-With an opener lasting under two minutes, Branches/Bones certainly does seem like an instrumental/build-up to the second track. The title seems to me to hint at at image of a tree or perhaps 'nature's' skeleton.

-The fact that the second track has a comma after the title implies the opening statement of a letter, an open address to the globe or the outside world/people inhabiting it. Following up from the title of the previous track, what I'm beginning to envision is commentary on the state of the planet.

-Assuming I'm right and following with the theme, the 'She' could also refer to the planet or nature. Wouldn't be the first time; see Survivalism. So this track implies to me a dying or dead planet. At six minutes I'm envisioning something angry and brooding (a la The Wretched) or morose.

-The Idea Of You could be commentary on an idealization of something, but not the actual state of it. Could be where the album title comes into play. Running with the assumptions about nature, maybe commentary about denial of the state of the world, or perhaps climate change.

-Burning Bright (Field On Fire) - Another image which suggests the destruction of nature. When we say something's burning brightly, we mean it's really going up enthusiastically.

End prediction: Not The Actual Events is a twenty-minute long aggressive, acidic, pessimistic reaction to the current state of the globe, the way we treat it, the refusal of those in power to effect meaningful change and the denial that anything at all is wrong, perhaps having the viewpoint that we're past the tipping point and it's too late to change anything.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 12-19-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I still don't understand why I wasn't charged shipping for my physical component order - all the way to Australia. Feels too good to be true.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

weird, I wonder why there are three?

Let's archive these for ninwiki.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    nin.com -> Discography -> All Halos -> Not The Actual Events.

It has a Halo.

I noticed that The Day the World Went Away isn't listed.
    Checked it out today. The Day the World Went Away is now listed, but now Only and The Hand that Feeds are missing. Trent, whattya doing?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Checked it out today. The Day the World Went Away is now listed, but now Only and The Hand that Feeds are missing. Trent, whattya doing?
    When I go to discog > all halos it ends with The Slip for me. I don't see anything beyond that there...