Page 104 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Burning Bright feels like everything Black Noise was building towards at the end of Hesitation Marks before being cut off and swallowed whole.

It's almost six months later and I still feel so satisfied by this EP and find new things to love about it on every listen. I hope that Trent, Atticus and Friends, if they've been following fan reaction at all, have seen how much everyone here has gushed over it, because it's wonderful. Somehow there's more to chew on in this densely-packed thing of brevity than in the entirety of something like Hesitation Marks or The Slip (and I've always been a big proponent of HM overall). It's brilliant.

It almost feels like Black Noise transitions into Branches/Bones now that we are on it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    It almost feels like Black Noise transitions into Branches/Bones now that we are on it.
    I've almost always felt that most NIN albums flow really well into one another when listened to in chronological order. I've always liked doing a full re-listen of every major album whenever new material is coming out, a tour is coming up, etc. for bands that I like, and I always thought that the way that Ripe (With Decay) goes into All the Love in the World is incredible, for instance. There's a cohesiveness thematically and sonically that can link up really well.

I definitely think that the ending of Hesitation Marks -- where there's an acceptance of inevitable fate, of the darker parts of your identity not only still existing, but taking eventual control, the fear of what's coming before the silent acceptance at the end of While I'm Still Here, the muffled screaming and suppressed expression of Black Noise as all of it gets eaten alive by that "machine side" that Trent's had in his music explicitly since TDS but present since before then -- makes NTAE serve amazingly as the next "piece" of that narrative. I don't think this is some totally intentional thing, but it's still interesting and makes for some great listenings.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I've almost always felt that most NIN albums flow really well into one another when listened to in chronological order. I've always liked doing a full re-listen of every major album whenever new material is coming out, a tour is coming up, etc. for bands that I like, and I always thought that the way that Ripe (With Decay) goes into All the Love in the World is incredible, for instance. There's a cohesiveness thematically and sonically that can link up really well.

I definitely think that the ending of Hesitation Marks -- where there's an acceptance of inevitable fate, of the darker parts of your identity not only still existing, but taking eventual control, the fear of what's coming before the silent acceptance at the end of While I'm Still Here, the muffled screaming and suppressed expression of Black Noise as all of it gets eaten alive by that "machine side" that Trent's had in his music explicitly since TDS but present since before then -- makes NTAE serve amazingly as the next "piece" of that narrative. I don't think this is some totally intentional thing, but it's still interesting and makes for some great listenings.

Oh my god, I thought the same thing about "All The Love In The World". I always felt like it seemed like a natural sequel to the entire album as a whole.

The only real album that doesn't fit this, as I'd like to call it "NIN canon" would probably Year Zero, its themes and sounds are very different from rest of the discography.

I can't imagine "Right Where It Belongs" seque into "HYPERPOWER!" but it really nicely goes into The Slip.

The Slip expands upon the ideas of With_Teeth, of feeling like being in a dream and not belonging, not having your place, resolved in "Demon Seed"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Oh my god, I thought the same thing about "All The Love In The World". I always felt like it seemed like a natural sequel to the entire album as a whole.

The only real album that doesn't fit this, as I'd like to call it "NIN canon" would probably Year Zero, its themes and sounds are very different from rest of the discography.

I can't imagine "Right Where It Belongs" seque into "HYPERPOWER!" but it really nicely goes into The Slip.

The Slip expands upon the ideas of With_Teeth, of feeling like being in a dream and not belonging, not having your place, resolved in "Demon Seed"
    I've always thought that "The Slip" was an album released by NIN in 2022...like the NIN in the Year Zero ARG. That's just me though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't know if this was posted before and i wasn't really sure where to put this; but it's worth the watch:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I don't know if this was posted before and i wasn't really sure where to put this; but it's worth the watch:

THTA...is brilliant.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    At the end of "She's Gone Away" around 5:31 i always hear some creepy sounds which i cant realy place. Almost like a synthesizer based wind and a pitched sound which almost resembles a female moan.. if not an animal. I wonder if that is some synthesizer artifact or a loop made out of something sampled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    At the end of "She's Gone Away" around 5:31 i always hear some creepy sounds which i cant realy place. Almost like a synthesizer based wind and a pitched sound which almost resembles a female moan.. if not an animal. I wonder if that is some synthesizer artifact or a loop made out of something sampled.
    It sounds to me like a baby's voice with perhaps some time stretching. Maybe one of Trent's kids.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    That's Mariqueen screaming/moaning. Thought it sounded pretty obvious to me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroisGreg View Post
    It sounds to me like a baby's voice with perhaps some time stretching. Maybe one of Trent's kids.
    Yup. Sounds like a baby to me too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yup. Sounds like a baby to me too.
    It's Mariqueen. She's even credited on the song.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    It's Mariqueen. She's even credited on the song.
    I know Mariqueen is on it, I can hear her deeper moans and whatnot, but at the exact moment in the song, I can hear a baby vocalizing. Just kind of cooing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just talked to Trent and can confirm it is indeed one of his babies. He was trying to get his baby to say "Hello Daddy". Carry on.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroisgreg View Post
    i just talked to trent and can confirm it is indeed one of his babies. He was trying to get his baby to say "hello daddy". Carry on.
    was it nova lux?! ​please tell me it was nova lux!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Did anyone notice that Burning Bright kinda transitions back into Branches/Bones pretty smoothly when the album is played on loop? (Kinda like The Wall).

It seems like this EP is a never ending loop, at Burning Bright the protagonist, or some part of him breaks free.

Yet towards the end of it, he confesses to not knowing difference between a dream and reality anymore, the EP stutters out and then Branches/Bones restarts it.

Branches/Bones, lyrically, seems almost like a direct response to Burning Bright, maybe it's just me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has this been mentioned already? Amazon has a listing for a cd version of NTAE, with a release date of June 16

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Has this been mentioned already? Amazon has a listing for a cd version of NTAE, with a release date of June 16
    Whenever I see "import" I start feeling doubtful.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Whenever I see "import" I start feeling doubtful.
    Ah, I didn't even notice that. Most likely a bootleg then? Don't think there was any announcement about a CD release in any region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, I didn't even notice that. Most likely a bootleg then? Don't think there was any announcement about a CD release in any region.
    If it was a bootleg I doubt they would be offering a MP3 Auto-Rip version to go along with it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    First, there was Firebrand's last-gasp testament that the vinyl pre-orders were rumored to be shipping in late-May.

Then, that ominous message from the band about the NIN store going new and improved in early-June.

Now this..

These just might be the "actual events"; the plot is thickening..

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I just pre-ordered it so it better not be a fucking bootleg

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I just pre-ordered it so it better not be a fucking bootleg
    Do bootlegs even have pre-orders?? It would be the first I've ever heard of it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    correct me if i'm wrong, it's not on the UK amazon store,
    well i can't find it......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Some German or Italian fan probably got tired of all the dickering around, and pressed up some vinyls with the hi-res audio files from the NTAE downloads. He's going to beat the band to the punch and make some fast cash off those who are sick of waiting..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm seeing the CD up for preorder on a couple websites. One of them identifies it as being from Holland.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I'm seeing the CD up for preorder on a couple websites. One of them identifies it as being from Holland.
    Can you link us please?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    twenty bucks for a cd ep? fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Can you link us please?
    BestBuy.com
    CDuniverse.com

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/not-the-...skuId=33028195

(holiday) <---- not sure what that even means. Delivery date says September 1st.

Do not know.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There was a preorder up for that bootleg of the nin/bowie show in STL last year. Real shitty, came out right after Bowie died.