Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    It seems like he’s getting his act together

Umm...the real fun stuff starts at 2:56. Then a stripper comes on stage and shows off her rack later on.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

Umm...the real fun stuff starts at 2:56. Then a stripper comes on stage and shows off her rack later on.
    This is basically the same video as I posted above, but shot from the front row and a much, much better view/angle!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He has awful singing abilities live. Like, how is this the same person that sang Deep Six?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    For an act like MM, charging $80-100 or more for a ticket (assuming that's what the prices are these days)

Hell naw. $35.50 + fees here in Milwaukee.

Whoever is charging ~$100 for clubs (assuming it’s not a huge act that can sell out arenas or do stadiums) should get their heads checked. I was actaully surprised NIN was $70+ for the Club show they did earlier this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The first time i saw him was in 2000 ,HW was coming out 2 weeks after the show (it was all over napster already) ,and to this day it his the best show i've seen of him (saw him 4 four more time after that and i was always a little bit more disapointed each time) everything was perfect at that show ,the performance ,the setlist and specially his attitude ,he was seriously kikcing ass back then ,he started with Hate anthen and finished 1hr45 (or so ) later with 1996 and his voice sounded perfect from beginning to end

The recent live video are not bad ,his accident seemed to have triggered something in him ,but it still a shadow of what he used to be

Love the new album thought

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    He has awful singing abilities live. Like, how is this the same person that sang Deep Six?
    I know!!
    As I watched that clip above of the Beautiful People, I noticed on the related videos was a video of "The Nobodies" from the same night. So I thought "Yeah! The Nobodies! That's a good song! Let's check out how he did..."

I had to turn it off. This is **NO WAY** The same guy that sung this song in the studio. It's Night and day. He's missing all the notes...

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Hell naw. $35.50 + fees here in Milwaukee.

Whoever is charging ~$100 for clubs (assuming it’s not a huge act that can sell out arenas or do stadiums) should get their heads checked. I was actaully surprised NIN was $70+ for the Club show they did earlier this year.
    Concerts are cheaper in the USA, keep that in mind. We get screwed up here in Canada. A MM show here would probably be somewhere around $49.50-60 + fees and after fees would come to probably $70-80. Not joking.

I'm always astonished by the price of tickets when I go to the USA for a show. Big name bands playing shows for $25. It's like whaaaaaat!!!

Here are some recent shows I've been too and the pricing to give you a comparison:

The Offspring - $73
    A Perfect Circle - $79.50
    Foo Fighters - $121.50
    TOOL - $147.65

and, the best for last: Metallica: $205.70!!

And for the record, I looked into my last 2 Manson shows...
    Show I saw in Australia in 2015 was $96.40
    The last Manson show I saw here was in 2013 and it was $82 after fees. $65 before fees.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-18-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, Tyler Bates is out:

Dear Friends, the time has come for me to return to my film, television, and studio work, exclusively. I will not be performing on the remainder of #MarilynManson's "Heaven Upside Down" tour. Mad love to my band mates, and to all of you. It's been fun!
    https://twitter.com/tyler_bates?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Can he just get up and leave mid tour like that? I mean... the New NA leg JUST started. Couldn't he have made this decision before? Are they going to be able to find a replacement with this short notice? The bad luck continues in the MM camp.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-18-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Probably worth mentioning that he has been out once before: they toured for almost a year without him between 2015 and 16

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

https://twitter.com/tyler_bates?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Can he just get up and leave mid tour like that? I mean... the New NA leg JUST started. Couldn't he have made this decision before? Are they going to be able to find a replacement with this short notice? The bad luck continues in the MM camp.
    Dude has a better career outside the band. So I understand.

Whats worse is there is a chance johnny depp might replace him. This isn’t even a real band anymore. Hasn’t been one in the longest time truthfully.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Know anything about Bon Jovi? Richie Sambora was a member for 30 years. Jon gets a call in his dressing room shortly before a mid-tour show starts that "Richie isn't coming tonight", and they've never played together since. (Jon played guitar for the show that night and brought in a replacement to finish the tour). My point is that Bates leaving mid-tour doesn't strike me as the most shocking "peace, I'm out" moment to happen in the middle of a run.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    99% sure Paul Wiley will play lead (as he already did the last time Bates as out)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Damn that’s bad!

Makes me wonder why the abrupt decision. I do understand he has a better career outside MM, but you’d think he would have made this decision before this leg of the tour so they could have started it with another guy, or wait until the leg is over.

What a bummer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Manson should just hang it up for a while. Take a sabbatical and remember who he is and why he wanted to play music to begin with. Maybe go to treatment and get sober. Because only bad things are happening and they don't seem to be about to let up.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    As someone who isnt a fan of Manson anymore, I can look back and laugh at what has become of him. So far on this tour, his bass player was fired, his guitar player and primary songwriter quits mid tour, a prop falls on his head and almost kills him and now he is bringing in a washed up coked up actor to play lead guitar...this guy is worse than fucking Spinal Tap....
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 01-18-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Damn that’s bad!

Makes me wonder why the abrupt decision. I do understand he has a better career outside MM, but you’d think he would have made this decision before this leg of the tour so they could have started it with another guy, or wait until the leg is over.
    As someone who tours for a living, these decisions are tricky. You can go into something being promised this and that, only to have it yanked out from under you later. Or you can go into something feeling good about it, only for it to be way more of a challenge than you expected and just something that you're unable or unwilling to handle. As the old saying goes, "shit happens". Not speculating as to what caused the seemingly sudden decision, as I know literally nothing about Bates or the tour. From an outside perspective though, while it's easy to say "couldn't you have decided it sooner or just stuck it out," it's really not that simple.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    As someone who tours for a living, these decisions are tricky. You can go into something being promised this and that, only to have it yanked out from under you later. Or you can go into something feeling good about it, only for it to be way more of a challenge than you expected and just something that you're unable or unwilling to handle. As the old saying goes, "shit happens". Not speculating as to what caused the seemingly sudden decision, as I know literally nothing about Bates or the tour. From an outside perspective though, while it's easy to say "couldn't you have decided it sooner or just stuck it out," it's really not that simple.
    I know what you mean, and that is what makes me doubt this is an amicable departure from the band.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Whats North up to these days? I bet he needs work!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Whats North up to these days? I bet he needs work!
    If Aaron North toured with Marilyn Manson I have no doubt that someone would die

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Can't say I really blame the guy. I wouldn't want to put up with Manson's shit every night either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My thoughts on Bates is that Deadpool 2 is in post production and just had its release date bumped up from early June to Mid May, basically moved up a two weeks. Bates is the composer and it would seem that the release date for the movie being moved up has forced him to go back and complete that score sooner than expected. Manson's North American tour was to end in Mid February which Bates could have completed the entire tour and still composed the music for the film afterwards, but with the movie's release date being bumped up rather than down probably changed his availability for the tour. Just my guess, but if it was ending on bad terms he wouldn't have said "...mad love to my band mates..." He will be back in Manson at some point in the near future.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061045/

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Hollywood. He probably got a mail going "Please come finish this stuff right now" and it's his ass if he can't do it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Whats worse is there is a chance johnny depp might replace him.

LOL. The encore is just them fucking, right?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    If you follow @MarilynManson Twitter, you would already be aware that Johnny Depp has been asked to play guitar for a future release.Not sure why people would see this as anything but a positive?
    I think the fear is that Depp joins the live band. I am not sure if you have seen Manson and Depp perform together, but it is obvious Manson is pretty distracted by Depp's presence (not in a good way) which I think we can all agree that another distraction isn't what his performances need. Hopefully, I am proven wrong and it doesn't turn out the way I think it would? But I don't think we are quite there yet, so...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    If you follow @MarilynManson Twitter, you would already be aware that Johnny Depp has been asked to play guitar for a future release.Not sure why people would see this as anything but a positive?
    Well, I can think of a reason why hiring someone who beat his wife would be seen as a negative....but maybe that's just because I'm one of those SJW feminist snowflakes who thinks we shouldn't be giving cushy jobs in the spotlight to people who beat the shit out of women. I know that's a pretty uncommon opinion these days though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well, I can think of a reason why hiring someone who beat his wife would be seen as a negative....but maybe that's just because I'm one of those SJW feminist snowflakes who thinks we shouldn't be giving cushy jobs in the spotlight to people who beat the shit out of women. I know that's a pretty uncommon opinion these days though.
    Sarcasm aside, if there is a good musical connection, it would be great for Manson, but I have no clue what’s the deal with Depp as a guitar player. Is he any good playing guitar? Is he a good songwriter? Could he elevate Manson’s vision or at least stir him in a direction where he actually finds the focus and drives he needs?

I’m more concerned about the drugs/cocaine influence, which could fuck everything up.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sarcasm aside, if there is a good musical connection, it would be great for Manson
    Just want to make sure we're on the same page here. The guy who JUST fired his bassist for allegedly raping a woman SHOULD hire a guitarist who abused his wife, providing there's a "good musical connection"?

I'm with Garfield on this one. I hate Mondays.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just want to make sure we're on the same page here. The guy who JUST fired his bassist for allegedly raping a woman SHOULD hire a guitarist who abused his wife, providing there's a "good musical connection"?

I'm with Garfield on this one. I hate Mondays.
    Manson said himself that there wasn’t a good musical connection with Twiggy anymore and that his involvement in songwriting had been pretty much zero in the last couple releases. I’m not aware of Depp’s relationship with his wife, and honestly I couldn’t care less

I’m strictly talking about music. There is a thread (or a couple) about sexual abuse in another subforum.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Manson said himself that there wasn’t a good musical connection with Twiggy anymore and that his involvement in songwriting had been pretty much zero in the last couple releases. I’m not aware of Depp’s relationship with his wife, and honestly I couldn’t care less

I’m strictly talking about music. There is a thread (or a couple) about sexual abuse in another subforum.
    I'm strictly talking about Marilyn Manson and potential band members. Don't try to tell me I shouldn't be talking about it here just because you admittedly care less about whether someone beats his wife than whether he can play guitar in a mediocre rock band. This is a perfectly valid place to question whether Marilyn Manson should be hiring a known woman-beater. The general question about whether abusing someone should be more important than the skills of some club band guitarist (spoiler alert: it is) would be better discussed in the sexual asshatery thread though, I suppose. But as long as it pertains directly to this band, I'll discuss it here. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable to see that. Maybe that should tell you something.