Thread: Marilyn Manson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I think we should go back to talking about Beck on here. Its the ultimate fuck you to Manson...Personally, I thought Morning Phase was weak as well. Seemed to be a lesser rework of Sea Change. Especially disappointing considering he released those 20 minute long singles in 2013 (De-friended etc) which were the most exciting songs he had done in a decade. Then he follows those up with a mainstream adult contemporary album.....And Colors seemed to be grasping at the mainstream (having Taylor Swift come out and sing with him to promote the album etc)...Hard to believe this is the same guy who did 'Steve Threw Up"
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 04-03-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I think we should go back to talking about Beck on here. Its the ultimate fuck you to Manson...Personally, I thought Morning Phase was weak as well. Seemed to be a lesser rework of Sea Change. Especially disappointing considering he released those 20 minute long singles in 2013 (De-friended etc) which were the most exciting songs he had done in a decade. Then he follows those up with a mainstream adult contemporary album.....And Colors seemed to be grasping at the mainstream (having Taylor Swift come out and sing with him to promote the album etc)...Hard to believe this is the same guy who did 'Steve Threw Up"
    i didn't know about those singles, will definitely check them out. the last beck album i loved was Guero, which is just fucking solid and fun, while also being weird and interesting, which is exactly what i want out of beck.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i didn't know about those singles, will definitely check them out. the last beck album i loved was Guero, which is just fucking solid and fun, while also being weird and interesting, which is exactly what i want out of beck.
    If you want solid and fun stay clear of Morning Phase....The 3 singles from 2013 are "Defriended" "I Won't Be Long" and "Gimme"...All 3 have short versions but the 15 minute extended versions are where its at

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    but the 15 minute extended versions are where its at