Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...-final-concert

RE: This thread, they have tons of old Manson merch for sale at it too. I saw Mechanical Animals promo posters for $50 and Smells Like Children promo posters for $10.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Will he be as revered as say Bowie, etc? Nah.
    You're talking about him like he's already dead.

I mean, at this point, he may as well be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He problably won't be revered as much as someone like Bowie ,but a lot of people will mourn him (myself included ,he's the first artis that really got me interested in music )and it will problably be covered a lot in the media like Chester Bennington or Cornell ,the guy was still pretty huge in the mid 90's/early 2000 and still does decently well commercialy wise

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    IMHO MM never released a bad album. Even weaker efforts like THEOL and BV were decent, listenable albums with a few standout tracks and I thought his last two albums were excellent. I've seen him several times and he always puts in a great show, this past year included. Hard to know what his legacy will be.

I hope he's okay and it really is just food poisoning. But this is eerily familar to Weiland during his final years.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 08-19-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I finally remembered why the Heaven Upside Down cover looked so familiar...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    They're saying it was "food poisoning" now blaming him for his show last night.
    But, from how they are describing how he was, those don't sound like any symptoms of food poisoning to me.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mar...ood-poisoning/
    Really? Because lethargic and shaking and barely moving is exactly how I feel when I get hit with any major stomach issue. You feel weak and tired beyond measure and you're dehydrated as fuck. There is literally nothing in that article that says "they're bullshitting" to me. Now, given that this is a known addict we're talking about, I take anything like that with a grain of salt. But "barely moving and visibly shaking" sounds like what you'd expect to see from someone attempting to move / work / whatever in a way they really shouldn't be when they're that sick.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I finally remembered why the Heaven Upside Down cover looked so familiar...

Last edited by theimage13; 08-20-2018 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    Trent did not write any of Manson's songs for Antichrist Superstar.
    He produced it, which is just as important in most cases, but infinitely more important in Manson's case.

He helped to craft a distinct sonic identity for him, and other producers afterwards tried to ape it to increasingly failed success.

Mechanical Animals was still pretty great though, but fuck everything after that for the most part.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-20-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Time to hang up the live shows, Mr Warner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motionlessZombie View Post
    Trent did not write any of Manson's songs for Antichrist Superstar.
    Trent Reznor is credited for the music of the following tracks :
    "Little Horn"
    "Deformography"
    "The Reflecting God"

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Really? Because lethargic and shaking and barely moving is exactly how I feel when I get hit with any major stomach issue. You feel weak and tired beyond measure and you're dehydrated as fuck. There is literally nothing in that article that says "they're bullshitting" to me. Now, given that this is a known addict we're talking about, I take anything like that with a grain of salt. But "barely moving and visibly shaking" sounds like what you'd expect to see from someone attempting to move / work / whatever in a way they really shouldn't be when they're that sick.
    I remember when Kurt Cobain would have issues and cancelled a Nirvana tour because of those same issues. He claimed he had stomach ailments. Turns out it was a hardcore heroin addiction and/or withdrawals....If anyone think Manson ate a bad hamburger and thats what his problem is...Come on now.....He was probably A) high out of his skull B) drunk off his ass C) going through major withdrawals

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i didn't realize trent was involved in that mid-album slump (cryptorchid to wormboy).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    I remember when Kurt Cobain would have issues and cancelled a Nirvana tour because of those same issues. He claimed he had stomach ailments. Turns out it was a hardcore heroin addiction and/or withdrawals....If anyone think Manson ate a bad hamburger and thats what his problem is...Come on now.....He was probably A) high out of his skull B) drunk off his ass C) going through major withdrawals
    To be fair, I'm not saying I think it was food poisoning. But I think it's unfair to say "you don't look tired and weak and shaky because of food poisoning," because that's a load of shit. It sounds nice and painless to trivialize something down to "a bad hamburger" but food poisoning kills a hell of a lot of people in areas where they don't have access to basic medical care. It's not a little tummy ache. Proper full-blown food poisoning will make some people wish they were dead.

Given what we know about him, it's plausible that it's a cover story. I just disagree with the assertion that it *couldn't* have been food poisoning.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    To be fair, I'm not saying I think it was food poisoning. But I think it's unfair to say "you don't look tired and weak and shaky because of food poisoning," because that's a load of shit. It sounds nice and painless to trivialize something down to "a bad hamburger" but food poisoning kills a hell of a lot of people in areas where they don't have access to basic medical care. It's not a little tummy ache. Proper full-blown food poisoning will make some people wish they were dead.

Given what we know about him, it's plausible that it's a cover story. I just disagree with the assertion that it *couldn't* have been food poisoning.
    If this was someone like Trent who has been stone cold sober for 15 years, or a Mike Patton, who doesnt take drugs and something like this happened and they claimed it was "food poisoning", its easier to believe it...But when its someone like Manson, who has a history of substance abuse....It just goes with the territory...For years and years whenever a musician has drug issues and has cancelled shows etc, its always under some BS about "exhaustion" or "food poisoning" etc...hell even Trent did that when he OD'ed in 2000 and cancelled a show, they said it was due to exhaustion or whatever....Weilands final tour, it was the same nonsense....Based on the dudes track record, I dont think he is going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    At this point I’ll almost be surprised if he does the Halloween show. I also think it’s gross how some people seem almost eager to hear more bad news and talk like they’re hyped to hear about someone’s addiction issues consuming them. The guy has little to no excuse with the amount of chances he’s been given and resources he has available but nobody should be excited about someone’s substance abuse problems getting the best of them.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i didn't realize trent was involved in that mid-album slump (cryptorchid to wormboy).
    I thought I was the only one that felt that way (about there being a slump in the middle)! For years I've been like, wow, there is a distinct change in quality right in the middle of this album and then it picks back up again. Glad to know I'm not alone in that.

Much more serious stuff going on here, I know, but I was happy to see someone else felt the same.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

@theimage13 is spot on. From experience, food poisoning suuuuuuuucks. It is like the absolute worst parts of the flu as far as digestive/stomach issues go, and it can knock you out hard. I'm talking bedridden for two, sometimes three days or longer depending on how much you ate. Put alcohol on top of that (which i don't doubt he did) and you are basically near death while your body tries to recover.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Whether or not it's drugs/alcohol/food poisoning, it's clear that Manson isn't taking care of himself the way a guy who is zeroing in on 50 should. Contrast him with Trent or even Manson's current tourmate Rob Zombie, who are both 53 and can still get pretty physical during their shows. It would kind of suck for him to die, but if he doesn't start taking care of himself, that's the way things are going to end up.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-20-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've used the "food poisoning" excuse before. Also, this one time, my dog ate my homework.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    Trent Reznor is credited for the music of the following tracks :
    "Little Horn"
    "Deformography"
    "The Reflecting God"

he also plays instruments on several other songs (which means he likely wrote his parts for those despite the lack of writing credit)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've used the "food poisoning" excuse before. Also, this one time, my dog ate my homework.

One time, my dog did eat my homework. My Mum had to go into school and tell the teacher for me because she knew I wouldn't be believed

I've never had food poisoning though

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he also plays instruments on several other songs (which means he likely wrote his parts for those despite the lack of writing credit)
    Chris Vrenna, Danny Lohner and Charlie Closure all contributed as well.

As well as Sean Beavan and Dave Ogilive too.

After Scott (rip) was kicked out of the band, Trent brought in the big guns to flesh out the record. Listening to the demos for ACSS, it becomes apparent that what would have been a continuation of the POAAF sound, turned into an amoglamation of Manson and TDS 2.0, and that the majority of Scott's stuff was trashed.

This is one of many reasons why The Fragile took 5 years to come out.

(although the release of Deviations brought to light the idea that there was just TOO much material)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent did that when he OD'ed in 2000 and cancelled a show, they said it was due to exhaustion or whatever....
    They blamed it on "whatever." "Whatever" being Jerome Dillon's butthole, and the flow of watery diarrhea that, supposedly, could not be curtailed. After taking a hit like that for TR, I can understand Jerome's frustration when TR decided to replace him completely on the WT tour instead of just getting a substitute while he recovered.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    They blamed it on "whatever." "Whatever" being Jerome Dillon's butthole, and the flow of watery diarrhea that, supposedly, could not be curtailed. After taking a hit like that for TR, I can understand Jerome's frustration when TR decided to replace him completely on the WT tour instead of just getting a substitute while he recovered.
    Blaming it on Jerome Dillon was just stupid anyway because people were quite rightly asking why can't Josh Freese step in or why not use a drum machine? It was a bizarre decision but I'm sure it wasn't Trents since he was in hospital

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    @theimage13 is spot on. From experience, food poisoning suuuuuuuucks. It is like the absolute worst parts of the flu as far as digestive/stomach issues go, and it can knock you out hard. I'm talking bedridden for two, sometimes three days or longer depending on how much you ate. Put alcohol on top of that (which i don't doubt he did) and you are basically near death while your body tries to recover.
    Add in the heat/humidity of Texas in August and increase that by about 20 (stage lights) and yeah, food poisoning on top of that is probably as horrible experience as having a pineapple shoved up your ass. I am not saying I 100% believe it is what happened, but it is a nightmare scenario for just about anybody.
    Last edited by renton44; 08-21-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Chris Vrenna, Danny Lohner and Charlie Closure all contributed as well.

As well as Sean Beavan and Dave Ogilive too.

After Scott (rip) was kicked out of the band, Trent brought in the big guns to flesh out the record. Listening to the demos for ACSS, it becomes apparent that what would have been a continuation of the POAAF sound, turned into an amoglamation of Manson and TDS 2.0, and that the majority of Scott's stuff was trashed.

This is one of many reasons why The Fragile took 5 years to come out.

(although the release of Deviations brought to light the idea that there was just TOO much material)
    TDS, Prick's self titled, PWEI's Dos Dedos Mis Amigos, and Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar... Trent did some amazing work during this era and you can definitely hear his contributions on all of these albums as producer/executive producer. When it comes to music that's more electronically made and/or electronically manipulated such as Trent makes, the producer ends up being a much bigger contribution to the sound as well as musically than say a normal producer for a rock record. A regular rock producer such as Butch Vig or Steve Albini are more there to let a band's own voice come through while helping to give the album a certain sonic identity and make sure the band sounds their best in studio.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-21-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    a pine apple
    I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to figure out what the fuck a pine apple was.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit how long it took me to figure out what the fuck a pine apple was.
    ...shit i read it as a pine cone for some reason!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...shit i read it as a pine cone for some reason!
    That's how I read it and was about to google it before I realized haha

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    having a pineapple shoved up your ass.
    No one's going to say it? No one? Fine, I'll do it.

Pineapple of Sodom.