Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    oh shit it's THIS friday?? Now that is what I call "soon".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Another interview about Before the Flood which makes it seem much more collaborative between everyone involved than you'd think reading the credits
    http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/gre...ks-about-flood

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    'A Minute to Breathe' is an amazing track. I've given it all my attention, eyes shut and headphones on. Wow, the ending is so very delicate and peaceful. I love all the layers.

This is very satisfying.

I remember when 'Earth Song' was released, MJ's voice is very delicate in this song too (some parts). It seemed like everybody stopped what they were doing for a few minutes and stared into their TVs to see what was happening outside. This too is an amazing one. As a child I almost believed that this one video would change the world. What a fucking disaster we are, we as people are incapable of making the changes necessary to better the world. The leaders are fucking us over.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Very excited for tomorrow. Thought there'd be more of a buzz here to be honest! Could that be partly due to the nature of releasing this (no physical except vinyl, not going to be in shops etc).

Liked that article that Worzel G posted ^^ particularly, the 'try to cover Mogwai's song before they'd finished it' bit...can just imagine Mogwai when they received the file - 'cheeky bastards'!!

BTW have tried the Tidal HiFi that someone mentioned earlier - admittedly so far only on headphones, but can't say I'm noticing too much difference between the sound quality and that of a CD to be honest. Will defo be giving BTF a go on that and Spotify tomorrow to see if there's much difference.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    'A Minute to Breathe' is an amazing track. I've given it all my attention, eyes shut and headphones on. Wow, the ending is so very delicate and peaceful. I love all the layers.

This is very satisfying.

I remember when 'Earth Song' was released, MJ's voice is very delicate in this song too (some parts). It seemed like everybody stopped what they were doing for a few minutes and stared into their TVs to see what was happening outside. This too is an amazing one. As a child I almost believed that this one video would change the world. What a fucking disaster we are, we as people are incapable of making the changes necessary to better the world. The leaders are fucking us over.

Always loved that song and video!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    So a friend was kind enough to send me an MP3 version of the soundtrack he snagged until I can buy a high quality version. I'm a third of the way through it and I'm really digging it so far.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's on Apple Music now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Received my album download links from my nin.com purchase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i've only listened to the itunes previews but this release has me wishing for a godspeed you black emperor! collaboration...

really appreciated that act as an opener for the HM tour... if this is the direction TRAR want to go, i think they could solidify what they're trying to accomplish with a little more "bite" from godspeed...

i know that won't happen, i'm just glad to see reznor working with other artists outside of the nails circle...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I'm listening to this in a hotel room high above a city, watching the world below. It's beautiful.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    6am in the UK, not on Spotify or Tidal. Don't wanna buy from iTunes cos it's only 256. And no digital option on NIN.com. What a let down. #firstworldproblems

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    6am in the UK, not on Spotify or Tidal. Don't wanna buy from iTunes cos it's only 256. And no digital option on NIN.com. What a let down. #firstworldproblems
    I'm just waiting for an actual announcement, I want the lossless files

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just downloaded the nin.com digital version. The tags are all messed up. All credit to TR & AR on every track with no mention to Gustavo Santaolalla or Mogwai aside from the album artwork. This should be corrected.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Just downloaded the nin.com digital version. The tags are all messed up. All credit to TR & AR on every track with no mention to Gustavo Santaolalla or Mogwai aside from the album artwork. This should be corrected.
    Take it this is because you've bought the vinyl, as I can't see digital option otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'm just waiting for an actual announcement, I want the lossless files
    This is Trent we're talking about. Might be a while!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Take it this is because you've bought the vinyl, as I can't see digital option otherwise?
    Yes, I bought the vinyl.
    Last edited by NIN64; 10-21-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=nin64;320437]

Yes
    Do you get to choose audio formats? It would be a bit ridiculous if buying vinyl (totally useless to me without a record player) was the only way to get best quality digital files.

Also Trent really needs to keep his sites updated. If you go into nin.com Juno is the last thing shown

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

Do you get to choose audio formats? It would be a bit ridiculous if buying vinyl (totally useless to me without a record player) was the only way to get best quality digital files.

Also Trent really needs to keep his sites updated. If you go into nin.com Juno is the last thing shown
    I think I got to choose two weeks ago when I bought it.
    Last edited by NIN64; 10-21-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I will buy the CD when it will come out, but for now ... Could someone pls PM me a link to the digital version?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Alright, I am covered. First song already fucking awesome!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Beautiful soundtrack so far!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They could at least say that there won't be any CD version. Right now there's the risk of buying digital and then the CD is coming out and you have to decide if you want to buy the same music again.

(Although I have the feeling that it is highly unlikely that it will still be a thing. Maybe in the case of Oscar nominations...)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I succumbed and bought on itunes, loving it so far. Stand outs to me are Before the Flood, Minute to Breathe, Dust Bowl, Huayaputina, At Dusk, Thin Ice Reimagined, Disappearing Act. Only on track 13 so far. Seems to be quite a lot of acoustic guitar, is this Gustavo Santaolalla's thing?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    They could at least say that there won't be any CD version. Right now there's the risk of buying digital and then the CD is coming out and you have to decide if you want to buy the same music again.

(Although I have the feeling that it is highly unlikely that it will still be a thing. Maybe in the case of Oscar nominations...)
    Will this be Oscar eligible? Don't they have some rule against too many composers? I mean 2 seems to be OK but 3 separate composers may be stretching it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Everybody who ordered the vinyl received their link for the full sountrack ? I didn't...
    And I hope it will be in Lossless format, don't remember I had to choose when I bought the vinyl but still "A Minute to Breathe" was an MP3 version...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    If you chose wav you should get that. Alas no PDF it seems.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I created the ninwiki pages for all the relevant TRAR tracks if anyone wants to contribute:

http://www.nin.wiki/Before_The_Flood_Soundtrack

Also need to add the bpms:

http://www.nin.wiki/List_Of_BPM_Rate...ood_Soundtrack

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    OK A Minute Later just made me cry. I thought this was supposed to have an optimistic element?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Would love a PM until it finally hits Spotify. Or whenever another retailer gets around to selling the vinyl. Not buying it from NIN.com

thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Love the Gone Girl and Social Network soundtracks. Will have a listen.
    Only the first track is on Spotify... Any other places to listen to the album other than AppleMusic?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post

I have to rant here... I find this totally crazy. I listened to this on Apple Music last night (I have a subscription to supplement some of the stuff not available on Spotify like this soundtrack) and liked it enough that I wanted to "purchase it." I had to spend 12.70 (after already spending 1.99 on A Minute to Breathe) to get this from iTunes (which I hate). They could at least give some information about if or when other options would be available. Now I will have to buy this again to get lossless if they make it available. I feel like I am forced to choose an expensive vinyl option I don't want or iTunes which I also don't want until it become available at some point. It is also irritating that this isn't on Spotify which is my preferred streaming medium. Sorry, I am just tired of purchasing the same music multiple times.