Thread: The Mandela Effect

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    One of my local news channels recently did a story on this. Apparently, a professor at Arizona State is getting some grant money to study this. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/270174085-video

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    One of my local news channels recently did a story on this. Apparently, a professor at Arizona State is getting some grant money to study this. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/270174085-video
    Here's a text version of the report. Seems this theory has a lot of parallels with the Jungian theory of collective unconscious memory. Basically, it occurred to Jung, after looking at mythologies which had symbols shared in common across the globe, across vastly different time periods, with no common historical lineage (mythologies that had therefore purportedly arose independently from one another), that a whole civilization could collectively "dream" a common set of forms accessible through the conscious mind of individuals living within this vast cross-continental social metabrain. Which is, I guess, a trippy pothead way to say 'access an alternate universe'.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Here's a text version of the report. Seems this theory has a lot of parallels with the Jungian theory of collective unconscious memory. Basically, it occurred to Jung, after looking at mythologies which had symbols shared in common across the globe, across vastly different time periods, with no common historical lineage (mythologies that had therefore purportedly arose independently from one another), that a whole civilization could collectively "dream" a common set of forms accessible through the conscious mind of individuals living within this vast cross-continental social metabrain. Which is, I guess, a trippy pothead way to say 'access an alternate universe'.
    I actually had a discussion with one of my former coworkers one day at the office about this (Mandela Effect) and how I didn't believe in it. I used the Berenstain Bears books and how people thought it was an e (Berenstein) but I used the picture I took the night before of one of my old books I had.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I actually had a discussion with one of my former coworkers one day at the office about this (Mandela Effect) and how I didn't believe in it. I used the Berenstain Bears books and how people thought it was an e (Berenstein) but I used the picture I took the night before of one of my old books I had.
    Here is the thing for me though: it's happening. Millions of people are having the same false memories. Berenstein/Berenstain, Shazam, Ed McMahon and Publishers Clearinghouse, "beam me up, scotty" never having been uttered on Star Trek; it's HAPPENING. And stranger still, it all seemed to start happening around the same time.

People seem to equate the Mandela Effect with the idea that parallel universes have collided or that we live in a simulation or something else along those lines.

But the Mandela Effect isn't about what CAUSED the phenomenon; it's just the phenomenon itself.

I personally have no fucking clue why it happens (although the theory @botley linked sounds fairly compelling); I just know that it has happened and is happening.

One can't really not "believe" in the Mandela Effect.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-29-2017 at 02:45 AM.