Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    @elevenism you’re all good dude lol. It’s just a TV show we’re talking about. I didn’t take offense and I guess I came off feisty. It’s late here and I’m tired.

I too love Twin Peaks - I can also see what you mean about TWD universe being like Star Trek.

I talk crap because it’s fun to - while there is a lot of good things about the show….there’s a lot of bad things about it too that are just easier for me to focus on. I rather liked the last two episodes.

What would this thread be without a little debate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    @elevenism you’re all good dude lol. It’s just a TV show we’re talking about. I didn’t take offense and I guess I came off feisty. It’s late here and I’m tired.

I too love Twin Peaks - I can also see what you mean about TWD universe being like Star Trek.

I talk crap because it’s fun to - while there is a lot of good things about the show….there’s a lot of bad things about it too that are just easier for me to focus on. I rather liked the last two episodes.

What would this thread be without a little debate?

Right on man.
    And I gotta say: I misunderstood. I thought you were just popping in to talk shit, and WEREN'T keeping up with the show.

Well as far as BAD things...I think Michael Cudlitz' directing for episode 11 would have been great...if he were making a film noir movie
    The ending saved it, but for me, the tone just did NOT fit.

And idk if you read the other post, but Daryl/Carol AND Maggie/Negan? I've BEEN suspicious of Daryl/Carol.
    Maggie/Negan is kind of ridiculous in the first place.
    ONE of those shows, or my guess is, one half of EACH, is a decoy.

Whatever's going on with that stuff, I hope it's JUST a few short seasons to keep certain things going to tie in with the Rick movies.

HELL no I don't wanna see eighty year old Daryl shooting people out of his motor(cycle)ized wheeelchair.
    Whatever happens, this WHOOOLE current thing needs to.be tied up in the next few years.

One day they'll probably make a show about a grown up RJ/Judith/Gracie/Herschel, in like 2035

And sorry if I sounded like an asshole, myself. A big part of the reason I'm so passionate about this show is that it's, you know, a soap opera. You can sit around and speculate about it endlessly, which my wife and I do. We've both have some pretty nasty health shit going on for a few years, and debating TWD is probably the most useful distraction we have...even when it's NOT great.

We've been together for ten years and don't necessarily watch the same shit at the same time, but we don't miss TWD. I'm not looking for sympathy: I'm just explaining why I might be irrationally defensive of the thing.
    @Erneuert @ickyvicky sorry to you guys, too, if I was out of line.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-12-2022 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Waifu material post.

TWD - Maggie, followed by Rosita.

FTWD - Morgan’s missus (I forget her name right now). Preferred Alicia with both arms.

TWB - Huck… who else is there? lol
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-12-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    I need to make something clear. @Erneuert @ickyvicky @ItsChrisRoss , talk all the shit about WHATEVER that you like.

I'd just been having a bad week. In fact, i'm so goddamn dead to the world that I'm watching the TWD that came out last week on AMC Plus, TODAY, along with the normies! THAT'S never happened, EVER. I better hurry and watch it before it actually comes on tv! :/

Ok so Waifu material? Are we supposed to DO this in 2022? I'm still not sure.

But, Alicia.
    I'd find her a proper arm, although the one she has is good.for a shock effect.
    And then Rosita. I don't know if I'm supposed to say THIS anymore, either, but I've always been attracted to Latina women, and tex-mex culture specifically.

I think that's it for me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-13-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Just seeing this all now. Oh man, lol. I have no beef with anyone, I’m not a hater. I’m just a passionate Walking Dead fan that wishes it would be treated better. I’m still committed to watching this season through.

I love you all my homies <3

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Do you guys think we're really getting a spinoff with Daryl AND Carol, AND a spinoff with Maggie AND Negan?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Do you guys think we're really getting a spinoff with Daryl AND Carol, AND a spinoff with Maggie AND Negan?
    They’ve both been announced and there are enough people who will watch, so I’d say yes.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    They’ve both been announced and there are enough people who will watch, so I’d say yes.
    But don't you think there's a possibility of 25 to 50% of those characters dying?

Like...perhaps it will be the Daryl limited series and the Negan limited series?

Idk. Negan and Maggie sounds ridiculous.

And I have the strangest feeling that Miss Carol is about done.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-13-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Negan and Maggie will probably hook up and it will be so perverse haha.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Wow, that was an AMAZINGLY good episode! Now we’re really starting to see how bad the Commonwealth are.

LOL at Aaron showing that guy photos on an iPhone.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-14-2022 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    God damn, I need to rip off George Carlin here.

He loved Joe Pesci because he got shit done. I love Negan because HE gets shit done!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Lovin' the new icon @Erneuert

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I was getting some major Dennis Hopper vibes from the "warlord".

Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I was getting some major Dennis Hopper vibes from the "warlord".

Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk
    I knew he reminded me of someone. I think it was his teeth/the way he yelled those lines.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    What about Gabe? “Exactly! This place is a piece of shit, why would we mean you any harm?” hahaha. He really doesn’t care anymore.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Aaron’s death?

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Aaron’s death?

I mean, it's done BEEN gonna be Gabe or Aaron.

I hate to admit that I'm STILL not caught up. I COULD catch up alone, but the Mrs was feeling really bad and I gave her a bit of xanax, and we just don't watch it apart.
    But I've been thinking since LAST season that Gabe might shoot Aaron, or Aaron might shoot Gabe: aka Dwight's comic death.
    I thought for sure, after that Maze episode, that it would be Aaron shooting Gabe,and possibly Aaron getting RICK'S comic death.
    (edit: I'm not into comic books, but I read some, and then watched a motion comic thing on YouTube on a chNnel. called The walking Bread.
    I highly recommend that channel, for REAL)
    and I DO know the Commonwealth story in the comic:

Dwight goes sideways on Commonwealth and is about to shoot Pam Milton, but then Rick shoots Dwight .
    There's a horrifically sad death: it's Rick losing his longtime wifey style girl, Andrea.
    And finally, Rick kind of leads the revolution, and then gets killed in his sleep.by Sebastian.

OBVIOUSLY, this shit will be remixed:
    A. Because Rick ain't around and neither is Andrea, and obvsly, in the show, It's all about Richonne.
    (yumiko is getting a lot of michonne's story)
    And B...Dwight isn't there in the show.
    He's a big deal in the Commonwealth arc, along with Carl.
    in the book, Carol has been dead since the prison and Ezekiel/Rosita died in the pike lineup.
    Negan is gone at this point in the book, permanently I think.

Oh and C. C is for CRM. There is no comic CRM and the Commonwealth is the fucking be all end all. The Commonwealth is much bigger.
    To me, in the show Expanded Monkeyverse Continued Universes, the CRM is WAY bigger.

I'm still a week behind. But could Gabriel get Dwight's comic death? Could Aaron?
    Could Aaron get RICK's comic death?

And what about Rick and Andrea?
    Carol and Ezekiel perhaps?
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-16-2022 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    @Erneuert is that spoilers? I'm not doing spoilers this time.

So I'm caught up, and WOW.

This is not going the way I expected.

So Aaron can't fucking come back to the Commonwealth, right?

If he does, though, somehow, could he be about to kill Pamela and be shot by Gabe? Like, Gabriel now know that the Commonwealth is BAD, but he's ALSO found his faith again.

Also HELLO, Negan! I thought FOR SURE that Negan was gonna be with this new group, but when my wife saw it was a religious thing, she said "no way."

But I was still right! And oh shit: Negan sending dude to tell maggie that Gabriel and Aaron were in trouble? I got something in my eye..

I <3 negan and his redemption arc.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

If he does, though, somehow, could he be about to kill Pamela and be shot by Gabe? Like, Gabriel now know that the Commonwealth is BAD, but he's ALSO found his faith again.

Also HELLO, Negan! I thought FOR SURE that Negan was gonna be with this new group, but when my wife saw it was a religious thing, she said "no way."

But I was still right! And oh shit: Negan sending dude to tell maggie that Gabriel and Aaron were in trouble? I got something in my eye..

I feel like you are all an episode ahead of me or something?

I haven’t seen the warlord episode. - it’s not out yet - or are you watching on AMC +?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

I haven’t seen the warlord episode. - it’s not out yet - or are you watching on AMC +?

It came out on AMC+ on Sunday and it usually appears on torrent sites a couple hours later.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)

Oh yeah, sorry man.
    Shit.
    Yeah, we mostly.catch them when they leak.

Do you use Plex?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, sorry man.
    Shit.
    Yeah, we mostly.catch them when they leak.

Do you use Plex?
    Nope lol I just wait until they air each week haha

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Nah no spoilers, just a news clip.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Interesting tidbit: the next episode (and last episode of part 2 of the 3 part ending trilogy) is called "The Rotten Core". And remember that episode a few years back that started with Somewhat Damaged playing…?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Interesting tidbit: the next episode (and last episode of part 2 of the 3 part ending trilogy) is called "The Rotten Core". And remember that episode a few years back that started with Somewhat Damaged playing…?
    I saw it just listed as “The Rotten” online. Are you sure yours is correct?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I saw it just listed as “The Rotten” online. Are you sure yours is correct?

The Wikipedia page lists it as The Rotten Core, and sources it from here: http://showcase.onthedemo.com/newyor...EP013240020553

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The Wikipedia page lists it as The Rotten Core, and sources it from here: http://showcase.onthedemo.com/newyor...EP013240020553
    Just checked wiki - you’re right - BUT I checked it earlier this week and it was just “The Rotten” - and I know this because a while back I checked too and it was the same and I didn’t realize that WASNT the final episode and thought to myself - “what a name for the final episode!”

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Anyway, back to predictions:

Aaron?

He did something real fucked up. And I could see him about to shoot Milton, like what's Dwight supposedly does in the book before getting shot by Rick.

Will they do this just like the book (I've not READ the end, but I looked at the pictures! I'm still try to learn to read).

In other words, will it be TOTALLY remixed, or will someone be about to shoot milton, or maybe hornsby, or...fuck...big orange dude?

Would that be Aaron about to shoot? Gabe?

And who is the shooter?

Gabe? DARYL?!

Can't wait. It ain't fucking perfect, but it's keeping be guessing.

( @ItsChrisRoss lemino if you want a plex share. This is the last one.)

I'll still do one or two more S4S @Erneuert but what happened? Drop bears? Mean Kangaroos?
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-19-2022 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Oh shit!
    Someone on TWD loves NIN.

What makes me even happier, though, is that someone on TWD loves (my other favorite band) Old 97s. S06 E10

AND, it was a song from their 1993 indie debut. They'd put out SEVERAL albums by season 6, including two on Elektra, done Lollapalooza 97, and had had songs on Scrubs, Ed, Veronica Mars, and been IN the Break Up, with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Anniston.
    And they'd earned their stripes with Question and Timebomb.

But instead of the radio songs, TWD played a song from their 1993 debut, and made it a blink-and-you'll-miss-it plot point that Daryl still HAD that tape, years into the apocalypse.

97s are worth a FEW million- not tens of millions like NIN.
    AND, yes, full disclosure: I've seen them 75-100 times: their drummer worked with my dad back in the day, I caught all the all ages shows starting in 93 when i was like 13 and they were 23, they kinda made it-ish in 97, and became the soundtrack to my life.
    And yes, they're my friends, of course.

But it was funny. I tried to tell them about TWD for YEARS; they said "yeah, whatever, record company handles that sort of thing." They didn't watch it.
    I had to tell them over and over "YOU DON'T GET IT. This is about the fucking zombie apocalypse. And one of the characters has a tape.of YOUR FIRST ALBUM.

One of them FINALLY watched it, and NOW he brags about it
    But yeah, 97s on TWD is more exciting than NIN, at this point.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-19-2022 at 12:11 AM.