Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wasn't that actually Shane?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I know there is such thing as "Pre-Cum", but have these characters ever heard of the term "Pulling Out?". I would think in the middle of a zombielypse, you would try to prevent having a kid at all costs?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Too bad Lori was such a god awful character because that scene had no emotional impact on me or my girlfriend whatsoever, which sucks. Totally ruined by her being such a shitty person in the show. I am so relieved she is finally gone and there was no room to even feel remotely bad about the situation. I wished they really made her character good so there was actually some emotional investment in her death. In the end, we couldn't help but shout "Yaaaaaaaay! Ding dong, the bitch is dead!" It sucks because I would rather feel emotionally invested in this show's characters and the show would have a bigger impact. I am quite enjoying season 3 so far... hated season 2 with a passion except for like 2 episodes... but this season has been quite good. But I still don't find myself being moved my the loss of its characters because there's no real connection with any.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I know there is such thing as "Pre-Cum", but have these characters ever heard of the term "Pulling Out?". I would think in the middle of a zombielypse, you would try to prevent having a kid at all costs?
    They are Southerners

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ding dong the witch is dead

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I put off watching this episode because I just had a c section a week and a half ago and was scared it would fuck with me mentally. I thought maybe the baby was going to die and turn and kill Lori. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Carl pulling the trigger and rick's reaction were both very powerful scenes. I definitely cried bc of rick's reaction. Also, poor T. Finally has some lines and gets killed off.

I think season is better than the first two because the written, acting and effects have really been stellar. I hated season 2 and almost quit watching but season 3 has made it worth sticking 2 out.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Yeah, season 2 was such a snore fest until the end.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    FUCK.

That cliffhanger. I mean, I know what happens after reading the books, but this is a little different. I'm SO EXCITED for next week. This season is nuts.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    if you read the comic, thats not much of a cliffhanger. i think it's very very awesome that they are including that though. another great episode. I hope Andrea has a plan...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    oh, and check out these new webisodes. Chris mentioned them briefly on Talking Dead. They're solid, take place right after the outbreak it seems.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...-hide-and-seek

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It was more awesome because I wasn't expecting the phone call while they were still in the prison. Then when they cut it off, GAH. It was such a cocktease. I'm excited for the way the show's progressing. At this rate, they'll be done with Woodbury by the end of the season, and then I'll have to get back to reading the books before I fall behind.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Daryl Dixon: baby whisperer.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

I love how crazy Rick became in this episode. All my girlfriend and I could say by the end was "wow, how the hell are they getting away with this on TV?"

Also, was it just me or did anyone else find it weird that they found unspoiled baby formula? I don't know much about that stuff so does it has some crazy shelf life or something?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Also, was it just me or did anyone else find it weird that they found unspoiled baby formula? I don't know much about that stuff so does it has some crazy shelf life or something?
    Unopened powdered baby formula can have a "use-by" date a couple of years out. Hasn't it been about a year since the outbreak?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to Carol? The last we saw of her was before T-Dog died, but this episode they have a grave for her.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I love how crazy Rick became in this episode. All my girlfriend and I could say by the end was "wow, how the hell are they getting away with this on TV?"
    *snip*
    No kidding! When Rick finds the bloated zombie in the room where Lori died, camera pans to the blood tracks and hair on the zombies chin from consuming the corpse... WOW. I didn't think it would get much more gory, but then he starts to hack away at the zombies belly. So gross! I thought the shiny object was her wedding ring? But the after show said it was the bullet that killed her.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I was half expecting Rick to find Carol and accidentally kill her on his little spree. But the fact that she's still missing has me really curious about what they're gonna do with her.

Also, how sick was that T-Dogg prop they had on Talking Dead? It looked so REAL.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Unopened powdered baby formula can have a "use-by" date a couple of years out. Hasn't it been about a year since the outbreak?
    Ah, powdered formula, didn't even think of that. I thought it has been roughly 18 months since the outbreak, but I could be wrong

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    It was more awesome because I wasn't expecting the phone call while they were still in the prison. Then when they cut it off, GAH. It was such a cocktease. I'm excited for the way the show's progressing. At this rate, they'll be done with Woodbury by the end of the season, and then I'll have to get back to reading the books before I fall behind.
    I thought the phone call was just Rick hallucinating but I've only read up to issue 48 of the comic. I bought the second compendium but figured I'd wait to read it until after this season is over. I'm so glad this season has been kicking ass, I was ready to give up on this show after last season.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm still hoping Morgan Jones and his boy show up again somewhere sometime soon or get some explanation of if they're dead or what happened to them, can't believe they've left that story open since the beginning of Season 1 but then again we JUST got Merle back too.

(I haven't read the comics)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm still hoping Morgan Jones and his boy show up again somewhere sometime soon or get some explanation of if they're dead or what happened to them, can't believe they've left that story open since the beginning of Season 1 but then again we JUST got Merle back too.

Spoiler: Next season perhaps.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post

Prepare to have your soul crushed if they follow how it went down in the comics. :-)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I bet Carol is gonna show up after 6 episodes of aimless searching for her.

Like mother, like daughter.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I hope carol shows up alive. Her exit seemed too quick and uneventful. I didn't think she was dead til they dug a grave for her.

The baby formula reminds me of lost. Every time the characters need food or shelter, they find what they need. Not that it's that far fetched to find items that have been abandoned, it just seems too convienient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Though the episode made it seem easy and convenient, it doesn't mean that they haven't already found/remembered places that would have what they're looking for when they will eventually want/need it.. Why would you carry around extra stuff that you don't need at that time? I thought they did a good job episode 1 this season showing that they have been struggling finding necessities, with Carl trying to eat the dog food. And now that I think about it, I thought they even mentioned in the last episode something about a nursery.
    Last edited by Mech; 11-15-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Prepare to have your soul crushed if they follow how it went down in the comics. :-)
    Am I the only one who thinks this might have needed a spoiler tag? Yeesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *RANDAZZO EDIT*

Nope. Sorry dude. We're not going to do that here.
    Last edited by ltrandazzo; 11-15-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Future episode spoilers and details are a no-no.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this might have needed a spoiler tag? Yeesh.
    Pretty much. That comment doesn't even hint that either of them is dead and from how they've treated most of the characters so far something "soul crushing" has or will happen to pretty much everyone.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Did you type this before or after you read his wiki entry?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Seriously, why the fuck would you post that shit? Can a mod delete that post?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Believe me, I have come NO WHERE near close to spoiling Morgan's story in the comics. If you'd like to find out, support the comic and head to your LCS and pick up each volume until you're caught up.