Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 2068

Thread: The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    What did he say before he became tomato sauce?
    “Pope marked you.”

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Finally saw the new episode last night. A little underwhelming, no? Nice to see Maggie back and her boy (did we always know what his name was? I don't remember it being mentioned before.)

Is the Pope definitely part of The Reapers?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Finally saw the new episode last night. A little underwhelming, no? Nice to see Maggie back and her boy (did we always know what his name was? I don't remember it being mentioned before.)

Is the Pope definitely part of The Reapers?
    Yeah, we learned she named him Hershel after her dad a few seasons back I think it was.

The Reapers are new to the TV show, not in the comics. My guess would be he’s a leader or something of the Reapers.

All I can think of when I hear the name is Pope from Animal Kingdom, lol.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    The Reapers are new to the TV show, not in the comics. My guess would be he’s a leader or something of the Reapers.

All I can think of when I hear the name is Pope from Animal Kingdom, lol.
    What if he's Battle Pope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Pope
    It's Kirkman's early pre-TWD series

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What if he's Battle Pope? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Pope
    It's Kirkman's early pre-TWD series
    I think it might be liquid metal dude from Terminator, who Aaron and Gabriel meet up with.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I think it might be liquid metal dude from Terminator, who Aaron and Gabriel meet up with.
    Because Robert Patrick has been cast?

Just watched S1E18. Pretty damn boring. Reminds me of a rehash of John and June from FearTWD a little.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Finally saw the new episode last night. A little underwhelming, no? (...)
    I wouldn't expect fireworks out of these bonus episodes. They were filmed during some of the roughest parts of the walker outbrea..sorry, I meant, COVID outbreak: p

But, seriously. This is Angela Kang and co doing their VERY BEST to throw some content at those of us who are die hard walking dead fans. And, they did it during the height of a real pandemic.

These episodes will be more about character development, I think. I mean, hell: they actually cast Jeffery Dean Morgan's REAL WIFE, to play Negan's wife, so they could be close and kiss and such.

These six episodes won't be just action packed and mind blowing, but, they might give us some windows into the minds of Our Heroes, deepen their relationships, and,possibly bring a BIT of action.

The REALLY intense shit will begin in season 11, which starts in the summer of THIS YEAR!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    They should’ve shown more relationship time. We saw like 3 seconds of them semi-nude together haha

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

JESUS CHIST, how about the new one?! It was SO cinematic, SO tense, and, good god, those twists!

I wanna talk about Gabriel. In the comic, he dies hanging from the water tower, right? Beta kills him. It's insanely graphic.
    They mention the water tower a few times in the episode, and, in the last shot, they're fucking HEADED for it.
    Is Gabriel going to finally get his past due comic death, courtesy or one of those "reapers?" I hope not.

OR, is this all a symbol of the "death" of Gabriel as we know him? Maybe it's just symbolic of everything, and especially the whisperer war, turning him into a different person. Maybe going forward, this just means that Gabriel is going to be a stone cold killer. MAYBE, he'd even betray someone in the group. One thing's for certain: he sure doesn't see "the possibility of goodness in everyone" anymore or whatever.

There was a LOT of symbolism of inevitability and futility and beautiful things going bad in the beginning, with the blood on the flowers, and the skeletons holding each other, and the SAVE US on top of the building. Maybe that's all about the goodness of Gabriel unavoidably ending.

This episode was DEEP. It's one of my favorites ever.

And how about that whiskey? It was Duane Jones brand, which is Morgan's son's name.
    I know the chance is slim, and it's probably just an Easter egg, but what if he's at the Commonwealth? What if he didn't really die? There's supposed to be a fear crossover, and there's been a LOT of rumors of Madison returning. People have been theorizing that Duane didn't really die for years, but, it seemed outlandish. NOW, though, the show is ending and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Anyway, what did you guys think?

Edit:sorry for those lines at the top. I was trying to make spoiler tags, because of the bit about the comic, so I went into advanced editing mode and...yeah. Eight years on this iteration of the board, 7000 posts, and I still can't remember how to do it. :/
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-17-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

JESUS CHIST, how about the new one?! It was SO cinematic, SO tense, and, good god, those twists!

I wanna talk about Gabriel. In the comic, he dies hanging from the water tower, right? Beta kills him. It's insanely graphic.
    They mention the water tower a few times in the episode, and, in the last shot, they're fucking HEADED for it.
    Is Gabriel going to finally get his past due comic death, courtesy or one of those "reapers?" I hope not.

OR, is this all a symbol of the "death" of Gabriel as we know him? Maybe it's just symbolic of everything, and especially the whisperer war, turning him into a different person. Maybe going forward, this just means that Gabriel is going to be a stone cold killer. MAYBE, he'd even betray someone in the group. One thing's for certain: he sure doesn't see "the possibility of goodness in everyone" anymore or whatever.

There was a LOT of symbolism of inevitability and futility and beautiful things going bad in the beginning, with the blood on the flowers, and the skeletons holding each other, and the SAVE US on top of the building. Maybe that's all about the goodness of Gabriel unavoidably ending.

This episode was DEEP. It's one of my favorites ever.

And how about that whiskey? It was Duane Jones brand, which is Morgan's son's name.
    I know the chance is slim, and it's probably just an Easter egg, but what if he's at the Commonwealth? What if he didn't really die? There's supposed to be a fear crossover, and there's been a LOT of rumors of Madison returning. People have been theorizing that Duane didn't really die for years, but, it seemed outlandish. NOW, though, the show is ending and they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Anyway, what did you guys think?

Edit:sorry for those lines at the top. I was trying to make spoiler tags, because of the bit about the comic, so I went into advanced editing mode and...yeah. Eight years on this iteration of the board, 7000 posts, and I still can't remember how to do it. :/
    Yeah, I really dug that imagery at the beginning with the pure/peaceful things getting covered in walker blood and the parallels one can draw from that.

I have a strong feeling they will utilise the water tower death with Gabriel. Whenever they go deep into a character it usually means they only have a couple of episodes left based on precedent.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah, I really dug that imagery at the beginning with the pure/peaceful things getting covered in walker blood and the parallels one can draw from that.

I have a strong feeling they will utilise the water tower death with Gabriel. Whenever they go deep into a character it usually means they only have a couple of episodes left based on precedent.
    Like, ok. I'm not sure if they'll actually do the water tower death? It might be just a symbol?
    But, they sure might.

And I know what you mean. It's like, Gabriel has gone from a coward who was losing his faith, to a fighter who had his faith restored. But, now, he's a jaded, stone cold killer, (which goes along nicely with the imagery.)

So it's like, yeah, his "character arc" could be over.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I didn't read the comic, so I didn't realize the significance of the water tower.

I really hope Madison doesn't cross over, I just couldn't get into her character in Fear.

Overall was an interesting epsidoe. It was deep when Mays brother shot himself.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I didn't read the comic, so I didn't realize the significance of the water tower.

I really hope Madison doesn't cross over, I just couldn't get into her character in Fear.

Well, I'm thinking what if MORGAN comes back, and Madison comes back to fear.

I didn't like her much on fear, either, but the writing on the show is soooooo fucking good now.

Let me tell you another comic thing: in the Commonwealth, there's s wall where people post pictures of people they've lost.

Michonne gets there and sees her own picture, and realizes that her daughter, who had supposedly died, was in the Commonwealth, alive.

And one of the teasers for season 11 shows that wall.

So, they're gonna do that storyline with SOMEONE, I think.

It could be Ezekiel or Eugene or Yumiko.

But, what if it's later, and it's Morgan?

Also, I'm REALLY thinking Madison will come back to fear.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Michonne gets there and sees her own picture, and realizes that her daughter, who had supposedly died, was in the Commonwealth, alive.
    Who's her daughter?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Who's her daughter?
    Ok, comic spoilers again.

She had a daughter named Elody, I think? Elodie? Anyway, it's pronounced like Melody without the M.
    It's just a daughter who Michonne thought had died near the beginning of the outbreak.
    But, when she gets to the Commonwealth and sees that picture, she realizes that her daughter had been THERE, and, they reunite.

So, like I said: they put out a teaser showing that wall. It would seem that SOMEONE is gonna get that storyline.
    I know it's a long shot, but, people have wondered and argued for YEARS about the possibility of Morgan's son being alive.
    And, there IS that one African American Commonwealth trooper guy they keep lingering on in the previews. And there are also rumors of a Fear crossover.
    I don't think this is very likely, but it would be SO cool if it was Morgan's son.
    Fingers crossed.

@Erneuert , WATCH LAST WEEK'S EPISODE.
    It's one of my all time favorites, I think.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Ok, comic spoilers again.

She had a daughter named Elody, I think? Elodie? Anyway, it's pronounced like Melody without the M.
    It's just a daughter who Michonne thought had died near the beginning of the outbreak.
    But, when she gets to the Commonwealth and sees that picture, she realizes that her daughter had been THERE, and, they reunite.

So, like I said: they put out a teaser showing that wall. It would seem that SOMEONE is gonna get that storyline.
    I know it's a long shot, but, people have wondered and argued for YEARS about the possibility of Morgan's son being alive.
    And, there IS that one African American Commonwealth trooper guy they keep lingering on in the previews. And there are also rumors of a Fear crossover.
    I don't think this is very likely, but it would be SO cool if it was Morgan's son.
    Fingers crossed.

@Erneuert , WATCH LAST WEEK'S EPISODE.
    It's one of my all time favorites, I think.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Madison is such a one dimensional character, she lacks (lacked?) emotion. Couldn’t get into her myself ever.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Madison is such a one dimensional character, she lacks (lacked?) emotion. Couldn’t get into her myself ever.
    Same. She seemed...cold.

As far as RP having a bigger role in the show, I knew he was only contracted for one episode. I'm WAY too obsessed with this shit, lol. That's a damn shame that it killed the episode for you, @thelastdisciple .

BUT, I have been steering clear of the table reads and even a lot of the trailers, with so few episodes left. I read ABOUT the trailers, though.

Hey, though: he COULD be a bigger part of the show in spirit. He may have been one of those "reapers." It seems like we're meant to be confused about whether he was or not?
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-18-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Haven’t watched the most recent episode yet so ignoring the above posts for now, but:

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Oh man, that was intense. I somehow thought Robert Patrick would have a bigger role in the show.

I thought he was saying “mace,” as in giving Aaron his mace back, then gets bludgeoned with it lmao

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I somehow thought Robert Patrick would have a bigger role in the show.
    I thought and was hoping for the same so it kinda deflated my enjoyment of the episode.

Honestly, it pissed me off at the time and i think I'm still salty about it.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Oh my god what a likeness:

https://youtube.com/shorts/anIc84a_2Yg

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^^ love it. I was Negan for Halloween a couple years ago. I loved swinging that bat around, a couple of people actually came up to me and said they were scared of me, lmao.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    ^^^ love it. I was Negan for Halloween a couple years ago. I loved swinging that bat around, a couple of people actually came up to me and said they were scared of me, lmao.
    Pics!

edit: did it look like this? https://youtube.com/shorts/g5qFjH4zXcA
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-23-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'd be scared as hell to take any candy from any Negan-look-a-like! lmao

Princess was definitely looney in this latest episode.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Haven’t had a chance to watch the latest one yet. I saw some YT thumbnail saying it’s the crappiest episode yet?

@ickyvicky Still waiting to see you as Negan.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Haven’t had a chance to watch the latest one yet. I saw some YT thumbnail saying it’s the crappiest episode yet?

@ickyvicky Still waiting to see you as Negan.
    I actually thought it was ok.

The early reviews say the NEXT one is supposed to be the bad one.

I'm just keeping in mind that these episodes weren't supposed to.exist in the first place, and were filmed during quarantine, you know?

I'm happy just to have something. Like, I back when Fear was really bad, I still looked forward to it on Sunday nites because it was SOMETHING.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I actually thought it was ok.

The early reviews say the NEXT one is supposed to be the bad one.

I'm just keeping in mind that these episodes weren't supposed to.exist in the first place, and were filmed during quarantine, you know?

I'm happy just to have something. Like, I back when Fear was really bad, I still looked forward to it on Sunday nites because it was SOMETHING.
    Just caught up on the last two and, you’re right, the second one is definitely the stinker. Boring as batshit!

The first one with Princess in the shower I wasn’t complaining about, lol.

Looks like they’re saving the best for last with Here’s Negan.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Also, why is it generally just 3-4 of us who regularly post in here? I’d expect more tbh.