Thread: Dumb and Dumber To

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Dumb and Dumber To

Bring on June 10!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumb_and_Dumber_To

Marketing

An official first photo from the film was revealed on January 21, 2014.[38] On March 20, Carrey tweeted the first poster of the film which featured a sorbet-orange tuxedo, followed by a blue tuxedo poster released by the official site.[39] April 26, another image from the film featuring Carrey and Daniels was revealed.[40]On June 4, 2014 it is announced that the official trailer will be unveiled June 10, 2014 on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon with both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels appearing as guest on the episode.[41]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The original is one of my top 3 comedies of all time. In truth, it's probably one of my top 3 movies of all time. One of my more vivid memories is watching on A-B repeat at no less than 16 times in a row with my brother years ago in his Brooklyn apartment.

So, in short, I'm beyond thrilled that the holy trinity of Carey, Daniels, and the Farrellys are back. Not long ago, I was convinced this movie would never happen with those 3 parties involved. Incredible.

Must. Reign. In. Expectations.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This is going to be awesome

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I can't wait for this shit. It's going to be so glorious.

The original is now 20 years old. CRIPES!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Love this movie!

I remember years ago my mom took my brother and dad and I to see "Little Women," and our 8 year-old boy selves were not having it. So my dad snuck us next door to Dumb and Dumber, and our lives were never the same again.

Amazing how, when I watch this movie, as many times as I've seen it I still pick up on new things.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My second favorite movie of all time (behind Pulp Fiction). I REALLY hope this is good.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My favorite scenes are:

When Lloyd reveals his big plan to "Move where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano." is it sad I have that line memorized?
    When Harry and Lloyd literally point and laugh boisterously in Mental's face after he keels over at Dante's Inferno due to the peppers.
    When Lloyd tells us John Denver is full of shit about the Rockies.
    When Lloyd tells Frieda "NO and I DON'T CARE."
    When Lloyd gives Harry ex-lax and he's driving "the Hog" laughing like a maniac on it while the scenes transition.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-06-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love it where they're in the hot tub, and Harry says "I can't remember exactly what she said, something about me not paying attention or something. I wasn't really paying attention."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I love it where they're in the hot tub, and Harry says "I can't remember exactly what she said, something about me not paying attention or something. I wasn't really paying attention."

Funny enough that whole scene;

seems to basically be the premise of the new movie. They've cast Kathleen Turner as Felcher. Jennifer Lawrence I think even has a cameo playing the younger version of the character, likely from the time when she cheated on Harry with Lloyd.

And even Sea Bass is confirmed to make an appearance.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 06-06-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I love the unrated version of that scene...

Lloyd to Harry: "I'd show you what a real man can do... split you like an old piece of firewood...you'd probably like it too ya big homo."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Cool I'd never seen that before, didn't realize there was unrated cut surprisingly probably cause I rocked the VHS version for years and never rebought it on dvd, since it's on TV so often. I saw one version of the toilet scene where they showed Sea Bass' gross man thong, but didn't know there was more. How much more is there?

And while I'm at it;

Good Day Mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbey!
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 06-06-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Cool I'd never seen that before, didn't realize there was unrated cut surprisingly probably cause I rocked the VHS version for years and never rebought it on dvd, since it's on TV so often. I saw one version of the toilet scene where they showed Sea Bass' gross man thong, but didn't know there was more. How much more is there?
    This is extended:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yeah thanks no I know I've seen THAT scene.. but is there any more to the unrated cut other than those two? Is it worth the time to watch?
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 06-06-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I believe the unrated and extended cut of the film offered 14 minutes of additional footage. Don't hold me to it though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Right on. So not much more but probably a couple other slightly extended scenes. It's under 10 bucks on amazon. Might have to snag a copy. Long overdue.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The extended cut makes the movie more disturbing, specially during the Gas station bathroom scene

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh man, the extended cut sucks. I mean, if it's cheap and you're a big fan I'd say it's worth watching once just to watch it, but that's about it. I just remember thinking, wow, it's very apparent how precise you have to be with comedy. The extended scene in the bathroom specifically really sucks. The original scene was perfectly timed and edited, cut at just the right moment, and extending it ruined it, imho. Sometimes you have to know when to leave well enough alone.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Oh man, the extended cut sucks. I mean, if it's cheap and you're a big fan I'd say it's worth watching once just to watch it, but that's about it. I just remember thinking, wow, it's very apparent how precise you have to be with comedy. The extended scene in the bathroom specifically really sucks. The original scene was perfectly timed and edited, cut at just the right moment, and extending it ruined it, imho. Sometimes you have to know when to leave well enough alone.
    I thought the same for the robbery scene at the magazine rack with the old woman. The extended version of the scene makes it less funnier since it shows and explains more of what happened instead of making you go: whoa, what really did happen?

I own Rob Zombie's Halloween II and the Director's Cut was the only available copy when it was released and it sucked compared to the theatrical one. Same goes for Dumb and Dumber. That's why I've yet to buy the blu-ray since it only features the unrated version.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Has anyone posted this?

wow, i can't believe that Carrey was originally supposed to be Harry, i can't picture this without Daniels, in my opinion he did a great job even standing toe to toe with the almighty Carrey (no pun intended...)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    "The Second Parts Are More Fools"? Does that not make any sense to anyone else?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Maybe it isn't meant to, to sound dumb.

PS - could someone please post the trailer when it gets on YouTube after Jimmy Fallon? plzkthx
    Last edited by Ryan; 06-10-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the tagline. After reading it a couple of times trying to make heads or tails of it I finally realized that they probably made it incomprehensible on purpose.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Maybe it isn't mean to, to sound dumb.

PS - could someone please post the trailer when it gets on YouTube after Jimmy Fallon? plzkthx

That... doesn't look good...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Unfortunately they went for the overly gratuitous pervert angle for this sequel. I still have hopes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh true. Damn, I actually had pretty high hopes. Meh, maybe we'll just get half wrecked before going and won't mind.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    hahaha I loved it!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO...... I fucking knew it wasn't going to be good. Honestly, what was the last good movie the Farrelly Brothers did? Ever since Shallow Hal, they've been on a creative downward spiral and this showcases them trying so hard to do everything but it doesn't work. Fuck you Farrelly Brothers.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I don't know what you are talking about , that looks great. For a dumb and dumber movie.