Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wow that video October_Midnight posted went down fast, since the time I watched the trailer October_Midnight had posted for The Last Jedi and for my own curiosity looked up George Lucas's net worth (5.2 Billion) the video was pulled. It's crazy how the Star Wars franchise has captivated the world and many generations of fans. It doesn't seem like any of us can ever get enough, I rewatched Rogue One last night. I guess for me its escapism without doing drugs, getting lost in another world that at times seems more pleasant then the one we are currently live in.
    I'm looking forward to "The Last Jedi".

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    ... I guess for me its escapism without doing drugs, getting lost in another world that at times seems more pleasant then the one we are currently live in.
    I'm looking forward to "The Last Jedi".
    I agree and in a world where things aren't black and white at all and I don't really know what's going on, it's nice to escape to a universe where the good\evil thing is clear cut. Like Lord of the Rings. (I think a lot of what put me off the prequels was the Trade Federation bullshit and political machinations)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I agree and in a world where things aren't black and white at all and I don't really know what's going on, it's nice to escape to a universe where the good\evil thing is clear cut. Like Lord of the Rings. (I think a lot of what put me off the prequels was the Trade Federation bullshit and political machinations)
    I'm not fond of the prequels either, the characters (Jar Jar) were annoying, and they couldn't come up with a better actor then Hayden for Anakin/Darth Vader. However I did really like Revenge Of The Sith because of the Emperor Palpetine arch and story line and how he became the Emperor. Everybody always thought of Darth Vader as being the evil villain but it was the Emperor that was pulling the strings being the truly evil one.