Thread: Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I like that. After the events of season 1 and what we've seen so far just in the first episode, I'd be willing to bet that not only are there multiples of more than one character, but also that some of the major deaths we've seen so far are actually quite inconsequential (how do we even know that the Ford at the end of the S1 finale was even the real Ford anymore??). Nevermind that we're already back on our same time-jump game as before, but this time around will probably be more screwy.

Absolutely adore this show. What a fucking reboot from what the original movie was.
    Amen.
    I have a feeling that the big secret that Delos wanted was Spoiler: how to put human consciousness into the hosts. i think that's probably why he killed himself. i think he really died, as Bernard is shown his body all rotting with maggots and such, but i think he put his consciousness into like the collective consciousness of the hosts, to where he can go from one to another as he pleases.

i, too, adore this show. it's like a puzzle and i think that the puzzle from last season was a sort of meta representation of that.
    it invites the sort of theorizing that Twin Peaks does, but with Twin Peaks, i don't think there ARE many sure answers. with this one, we're supposed to figure it all out.
    i also don't know that a show like this could have worked before the internet. it seems this thing needs everyone to get together and figure it all out to be fully understood.

i also have a feeling that this whole story is planned and will get better and better as it goes on, unlike some shows where it's like "ok fellas, what are we going to do for THIS season?"
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-29-2018 at 08:30 AM.