Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Primus & Les Claypool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I saw that poster earlier and thought it was one of the better ones I've seen. How was the debut of Follow The Fool live?!
    I'm glad I got there early enough to grab one; they sold out before Primus started, whereas they still had copies of the Cedar Rapids poster from the previous night sitting there for sale.

'Follow the Fool' was great! When Les said they were about debut a new tune, I was hoping it was gonna be 'Erin on the Side of Caution', honestly. That said, I was pleasantly surprised at how fun FTF was live. Really really groovy and I was really happy to have gotten it by the time it was over.

I was sure I was going to skip the Milwaukee date later this spring since I caught this show, but it sounded so good that I'm considering hitting that one up as well.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 04-25-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    You gotta love the association of Claypool and shrooms, whether it's the Fungi Ensemble or him scoring games like Mushroom Men to seeing prints like these. LOVE IT.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    PRIMUS was great last night. Loved seeing them at the BMO Harris Pavilion. I've seen a lot of gigs at the Summerfest grounds, but it was nice to see a show there without the massive festival crowd. The weather was gorgeous and it was a treat to get there, wait in a short line to grab a poster, and comfortably enjoy a beer next to the lake while the opening band played. I'd take that experience over a show at The Rave any day (I should say any day that Wisconsin weather allows for that). The band sounded great and the set was a nice mix- I think every album was represented except Brown. Highlights: Lacquerhead, Erin on the Side of Caution, Nutbutter, Frizzle Fry. My only minor gripe is that I'm still chasing Tommy the Cat- I've been to six Primus shows now and still haven't gotten it!

Tweekers
    Lacquerhead
    Last Salmon Man
    The Seven
    Groundhog's Day
    Conspiranoia
    Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats
    Erin on the Side of Caution
    Welcome to this World
    My Name is Mud

A Farewell to Kings

American Life
    Follow the Fool
    Frizzle Fry

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @Mr. Blaileen It always seems like pretty common songs that can allude you. I've seen Primus 17 times and only just saw To Defy The Laws of Tradition for the first time last week, and John the Fisherman for the first time last year. Tommy is always a blast though, always crossing my fingers for that one.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    PRIMUS was great last night. Loved seeing them at the BMO Harris Pavilion. I've seen a lot of gigs at the Summerfest grounds, but it was nice to see a show there without the massive festival crowd. The weather was gorgeous and it was a treat to get there, wait in a short line to grab a poster, and comfortably enjoy a beer next to the lake while the opening band played. I'd take that experience over a show at The Rave any day (I should say any day that Wisconsin weather allows for that). The band sounded great and the set was a nice mix- I think every album was represented except Brown. Highlights: Lacquerhead, Erin on the Side of Caution, Nutbutter, Frizzle Fry. My only minor gripe is that I'm still chasing Tommy the Cat- I've been to six Primus shows now and still haven't gotten it!

Tweekers
    Lacquerhead
    Last Salmon Man
    The Seven
    Groundhog's Day
    Conspiranoia
    Professor Nutbutter's House of Treats
    Erin on the Side of Caution
    Welcome to this World
    My Name is Mud

A Farewell to Kings

American Life
    Follow the Fool
    Frizzle Fry

So lucky getting Erin. That track's only been busted out a couple of times so far, and IMO is the strongest from the new EP. It's great how that and Follow The Fool seem really slip into live setlists like they've always been there from footage I've seen. Really strong tracks!

You also got Nutbutter which is incredible.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This looks (from other videos) and sounds like it was AWESOME! Does anyone have this in lossless??

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They're airing the show on comedy central tonight and it's going to be streaming on paramount+ tomorrow.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    They're airing the show on comedy central tonight and it's going to be streaming on paramount+ tomorrow.
    Awesome news but I still prefer a good AUD to pro audio.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Awesome news but I still prefer a good AUD to pro audio.
    That, and the special looks to only be 2 hours. There are also slightly different set lists:

"Piss Up A Rope" was played on the 9th; "Buckingham Green" took its spot on the 10th.
    "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" was played on the 9th; "My Name Is Mud" took its spot on the 10th.
    "Man Up" and "Too Many Puppies" were performed on the 9th, but not the 10th.

Brownbase lists zeegrizzle's youtube links as the current best source.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    That, and the special looks to only be 2 hours. There are also slightly different set lists:

"Piss Up A Rope" was played on the 9th; "Buckingham Green" took its spot on the 10th.
    "Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" was played on the 9th; "My Name Is Mud" took its spot on the 10th.
    "Man Up" and "Too Many Puppies" were performed on the 9th, but not the 10th.

Brownbase lists zeegrizzle's youtube links as the current best source.
    Dudes got a bunch of other Primus tapes and some NIN videos on his channel, is he active here or does someone know him?

(I didn't realize they played this show twice. I haven't circulated the lossless files from the Primus show I taped in 2018 yet, it trading is a possibility....)
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 08-13-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Shame they didn't dust off any Faith+1 songs

Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    is he active here
    Yes he is @zeegrizzle

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    You can bet I've already got my tickets!