Page 113 of 200 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 6440

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    There is something wrong with Donald Trump:

ETA: There is something very wrong with Donald Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...html?tid=sm_fb

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Eric Trump doubling down on the sexual harassment bit. Says Ivanka is strong, so she would not allow herself to be harassed...

"Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman, she wouldn't allow herself to be [subjected] to it, and by the way, you should take it up with Human Resources, and I think she would as a strong person, at the same time, I don't think she would allow herself to be subjected to that," he told CBS's Charlie Rose on "CBS This Morning" while discussing former Fox News head Roger Ailes alleged sexual harassment of women employees.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politi...inkId=27196686

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Eric Trump doubling down on the sexual harassment bit. Says Ivanka is strong, so she would not allow herself to be harassed...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politi...inkId=27196686
    I was sexually harassed at work once. I didn't say anything because it freaked me out and I froze. Guess I'm just not a very strong person.

God, that whole family are just a bunch of raging, out of touch assholes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I was sexually harassed at work once. I didn't say anything because it freaked me out and I froze. Guess I'm just not a very strong person.
    I was, too, and it was really awful, and I quit because there was no other way to handle it, there was no HR to help me. Sometimes quitting that position is an only option other than suing and then good luck proving it. Strong has nothing to do with your word against theirs unless you're wearing a body camera or something. (In my case, my boss - the owner of the company who thought he was the reincarnation of Ben Franklin - cornered me in the darkroom alone and wanted to force me to look at Fredericks of Hollywood catalogs with him and he was a creepy old fat bald man and I was 18.) But making this all the victim's problem is just a bunch of shit.

One of my female coworkers (legal secretary) used to have a sign on her wall by her desk that said:

SEXUAL HARASSMENT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
    IT WILL, HOWEVER, BE GRADED

Nobody ever bothered her, hahahahhaa

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    saying wind energy kills all the birds in an area
    To be fair, there was a HUGE backlash against certain wind turbines on Lake Erie because of bird strikes. You have to be very careful where you put them.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-02-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Except environmentalists totally talk about this and try and deal with it and lower the risk of it, whereas Donald said "all your birds, killed!" and that environmentalists won't discuss it, claiming that it's such an awful thing that causes so much destruction when they kill a small fraction of what buildings/skyscrapers do annually, despite him being someone who prides himself in building skyscrapers, and --

good god I can't believe I'm trying to make sense of any of this anymore

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    despite him being someone who prides himself in building skyscrapers, and --
    Well, right, and skyscrapers are the biggest bird-killers in the world. Even bigger than cats!!

Wind turbines kill a smaller portion of birds when they are placed correctly, otherwise they are awful. Like, don't put them in a Bald Eagle migration area for fuck's sake, ugh. But electric power poles are pretty awful in some areas for Bald Eagles, too. "Green energy" still has to keep all of this stuff in mind, obviously.

Bottom line is, he just pulls this stuff out of his ass instead of researching it when he knows he'll have to talk about it.

I happened upon MTV and some election thing and they had a bunch of young black people watching a Trump speech and a few of them said, perplexed, "um, he doesn't even finish a lot of his sentences." ahahahahahhaahaaaa it's true!
    Last edited by allegro; 08-02-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oh wow! Who knew it was just as simple as "not allowing yourself to be subjected to it?!"

Problem solved!

Dim, smug and out of touch. Just like dad.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Also this morning:
    Trump tells a mom with a crying baby that he loves babies.
    Then, moments later, he changes his mind on how he feels about crying babies..
    https://twitter.com/nbcnightlynews/s...07533379284992

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    the body has a way of shutting down harassment

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Finally, something that Trump and I can agree on.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Am I alone in feeling like, in the past week, this guy has really stepped up his levels of "how can I seem more like a comic book supervillain today"? Like, oh my Christ. Going after the Khan family incessantly, attacking crying babies, saying wind energy kills all the birds in an area and that solar takes too long though he "loves solar", Hillary saying the next president shouldn't be someone you can "bait on twitter" only for him to then, you guessed it, start ranting on twitter, getting a Purple Heart at a rally and bragging that he didn't have to take a bullet for it, acting like sexually harassed women just aren't "strong enough," giving a shout-out to Paul Ryan's primary challenger after Ryan refused to condone his bigotry, saying Russia isn't going to invade Crimea (which, I guess they won't, since they've already done so), asking for someone to hack Hillary's emails, saying he wanted to punch Michael Bloomberg -- all of this in, what, under seven days?

I mean it's been nuts from July 2015 onward with this guy, but, holy hell on earth man. It's like he's actively trying to make sure he never expands his base at this rate.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 08-02-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    so now Trump is waving around a purple heart that a supporter supposedly gave him at a rally

What the fuuuuuuck?! Is this his way of doubling down on his claim that he's "sacrificed a lot?" Is this how he justifies bashing the parents of a dead soldier? Is this how he excuses himself from the recent accusations detailing his draft dodging? Such an unfathomable sack of shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so now Trump is waving around a purple heart that a supporter supposedly gave him at a rally

What the fuuuuuuck?! Is this his way of doubling down on his claim that he's "sacrificed a lot?" Is this how he justifies bashing the parents of a dead soldier? Is this how he excuses himself from the recent accusations detailing his draft dodging? Such an unfathomable sack of shit.
    Yeah, he said I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier.

The hits just keep coming, people!!
    Last edited by allegro; 08-02-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    He uh fired his top aides and media people, this is why there's a sudden burst of particularly boneheaded (relatively) moves.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Megyn Kelly has one foot out of the door at Fox and she has no qualms about unloading on that culture as she departs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    Megyn Kelly has one foot out of the door at Fox and she has no qualms about unloading on that culture as she departs.
    Now a lot of social media comments are referring to Trump supporters as "Brain Donors."

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So my neighbor with the Bernie banner painted across his entire roof.... Well, on day one of the DNC he tore that thing down and completely redid his roof.

We are off to a neighborhood potluck and I really want to talk to him about it. My wife is telling me I need to STFU though

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Apples and oranges. You guys don't have the Hispanic and women and Black and LGBT votes controlling one whole side, plus now that side also has the Muslim vote. It's why Romney lost. It's why McCain lost. Trump's own party hates him. And now Trump's Armed Forces veteran supporters are starting to turn on him. Also, the trade unions are solidly Democrat. Trump hates Unions.

The rise of Trump says a lot about the current disasterous state of the Republican party, but it says NOTHING about the state of this country.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-02-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Apples and oranges. You guys don't have the Hispanic and women and Black and LGBT votes controlling one whole side, plus now that side also has the Muslim vote. It's why Romney lost. It's why McCain lost. Trump's own party hates him. And now Trump's Armed Forces veteran supporters are starting to turn on him. Also, the trade unions are solidly Democrat. Trump hates Unions.

The rise of Trump says a lot about the current disasterous state of the Republican party, but it says NOTHING about the state of this country.
    Are the Democrats taking into account the Grey vote though?... my Dad is American aged 72 and he supports Trump...something about Trump resonates with his generation at least where he is in Sacramento California i dont know why.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Are the Democrats taking into account the Grey vote though?... my Dad is American aged 72 and he supports Trump...something about Trump resonates with his generation at least where he is in Sacramento California i dont know why.
    Yes, we have a shit ton of 65+ Dems in this country because the Republicans want to gut Social Security and cut Medicare. Trump was caught in a meeting with Speaker Ryan saying he said he supported keeping these programs strong but he only did it to not commit election suicide; witnesses say he told the Republicans and Ryan in the meeting that he fully supports cutting Social Security and Medicare. Older black voters under the age of 65 (not eligible for Medicare) who don't want to lose ACA coverage are especially behind Clinton.

Ugh, now Breitbart is spreading all this shit about Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father who spoke out about Trump; that a law firm where he worked got money from Saudis, that he is an immigration lawyer, etc. Of course, he had his own son wacked by the Bush administration in '04 in order to speak out about the 4th Amendment in '16 to help Hillary win. It's so simple. (eye roll)

Sacramento: my Mom's right wing cousin used to live there and all she did was complain about Mexicans. Trump attracts people of all ages who don't like Mexicans.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-03-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's becoming clear he's trying to blow up the party. The only real question left is why.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    It's becoming clear he's trying to blow up the party. The only real question left is why.
    I'm pretty sure he's not actively trying anything of the sort. He's just not concerned by the consequences as long as it doesn't concern him.
    He's only doing what he has done from the start : getting the spotlight. He doesn't care about the republican party one way or the other, it's just a means to an end.
    The guy has the tactical sense of a bulldozer and is as diplomatic. Whatever is in front has to go down, it's that simple I think.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm going to preface this by saying that this is one person saying this, basing it off of an unnamed source, so take it with however many grains of salt you want. Personally, I think it's probably true. And it's kind of terrifying.

Joe Scarborough says Trump asked a foreign policy advisor multiple times why we can't use nuclear weapons. Trump: "If we have them, why can’t we use them?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-using-nuclear

Please, for the love of all that is good, keep this lunatic away from the White House.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I'm going to preface this by saying that this is one person saying this, basing it off of an unnamed source, so take it with however many grains of salt you want. Personally, I think it's probably true. And it's kind of terrifying.

Joe Scarborough says Trump asked a foreign policy advisor multiple times why we can't use nuclear weapons. Trump: "If we have them, why can’t we use them?"

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-using-nuclear

Please, for the love of all that is good, keep this lunatic away from the White House.
    ... but remember guys, voting Hillary is "basically the same."

I've never wanted to randomly get hit by a car or have an aneurysm or, really, get struck by any other sudden and unexpected form of random death more than I do now before the election happens.

This man is a babbling narcissist with a desperate need to fill a black hole in his heart full of all the attention and perceived praise he can get, and none of it is enough. He doesn't want to be a real leader. He doesn't want to actually be president. He can't even get a VP that agrees with him on things (Pence came out and endorsed Paul Ryan today after Trump refused to yesterday, which, by the way, Trump did while being a colossally petty little bitch, saying, "I'm just not there yet," quoting Ryan when asked about endorsing Trump in May or so).

It's like every day I wake up and I look at what the idiot's said next and I feel like I am huffing spray paint made out of fear and insanity. It's nuts. Close to half of the people in this country think he's the guy to go for. Another chunk think he's really not that bad enough to make supporting his rival worth it. It's insane. This country is insane. I ... we literally have a guy not understanding why we shouldn't be using nukes and people still won't take back their endorsements. This is unbelievable at this point.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

I've never wanted to randomly get hit by a car or have an aneurysm or, really, get struck by any other sudden and unexpected form of random death more than I do now before the election happens.
    Still not hysteria, right?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Richard Hanna is the first elected Republican to publicly say he will vote for Clinton.

Now, Meg Whitman, an influential Republican is endorsing Clinton as well.

I agree that Trump shifted into 5th gear with the stupid comments he has made over the pas couple weeks. His fan base won't care but he might run short of votes comes November 4. I think the Khan controversy might have been the first comments that actually hurt his chances.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I don't really understand how or why the Republican party let Trump stand at all?