Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Random Pointless NIN Facts You Probably Already Know But Im Going To Tell You Anyways

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    you know what i mean.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    you know what i mean.
    rarely in this thread

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    What i mean is, AATCHB is a live album, and the deluxe came with still as disc two, but you can have both of them on separate albums is what I mean.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What i mean is, AATCHB is a live album, and the deluxe came with still as disc two, but you can have both of them on separate albums is what I mean.
    True, but Still is still marketed as Disc 2 of AATCHB, even standalone. And kinda clearly is, as it has the title track.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Just my opinion

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Still's Halo number is 17b and the spine says "CD2". As much as I love it and it, it's not a standalone, it's part of the whole.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What's the longest a song has gone unplayed, (as in never) to being debut live at one point. A Warm Place? Last? All the Love in the World?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    What's the longest a song has gone unplayed, (as in never) to being debut live at one point. A Warm Place? Last? All the Love in the World?
    It's "A Warm Place" — released March 8, 1994 on The Downward Spiral and not played onstage until August 23, 2009 at Webster Hall in NYC. That's a gap of over fifteen years, whereas "Last" was debuted in February 2007, fourteen-and-a-half years after its release on Broken in September 1992. AtLitW was rehearsed with the live band in 2005 (probably before With Teeth came out) but NIN never performed it in public until Tension 2013.
    Last edited by botley; 12-27-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The Fragile

TDTWWA on Halo 13 has a different vocal take then on the Fragile

Also, at the end of Starfucker on Halo 13, Complication can still be heard

Even though it a double album,The Fragile is not the longest album, but it is when combining 10 miles high, the new flesh and appendage and Decay.

Like Last, We're In This Together wasn't played until 2007

The Still version of TDTWWA is largely based on the quiet/live version, only tuned down a half step down. Bringing the pitch back up will make it resemble Quiet.

AATCHB also come from a lyric from The Wretched

Of all the what abouts
    And all the might have
    Could have beens
    Not counting Ghost, The Fragile has the most song not played live (as of 2015), all of them on Right and Still(Where Is Everybody?, 10 miles high, The New Flesh, I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally, Underneath It All, Ripe/With Decay, And All That Could Have Been, The Persistence of Loss, Leaving Hope)

At The end of The Mark Has Been Made, the beginning of 10 Miles High can be heard on the CD version.

La Mer and Into The Void share the same riffs, also at the end of We're In This Together, the main Piano riff of La Mer can be heard slowly.

The Great Below was going to be played at the Wiltern Theater, but was skipped. AATCHB was also rehearsed but also not played.

The Fragile Debuted a no.1 but immediately dropped to 16.

La Mer was written at a house off by "The Sea", after Trent thought about killing himself, but wrote that song instead. He And Mariqueen later got married at that same house.

Leaving Hope was featured as some of the music for the charity for Hurricane Katrina
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 12-28-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    "and all that could have been" is actually said as a phrase in its entirety in "the great below" not "the wretched"

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    And saying it "comes from it" is probably totally wrong, Trent likes to intersperse lyrics with each other, at one time maybe AATCHB was on the album too

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    [WITH_TEETH]

Most people call it A WHITH THE TEEHUH. cuz that how Trent says it in said song

Was originality named "Bleedthrough", it was going to be a concept album about the: “loss and possible discovery of self, along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback” TR

"Bleedthough is no more . As the songs and concept matured, the focus and theme of the album shifted somewhat - Leaving me feeling that title was inappropriate....or you could just say i changed my mind" Trent Reznor

Even though Bleedthough was not going to happen, some songs may or may not still have that concept in mind (Every Day Is Exactly The Same, The Lines Begin To Blur, Beside You In Time, Right Where It Belongs, Home and Non-Entity and possibly Love Is Not Enough)

Around the time that the 2007 tour came along, Trent Performed WITH THE TEETHUH once, but messed up and announced he was never playing that song, and so far has kept that promise

Sunspots is the only song not played yet.

Trent is Clean and Sober about this time and shaves his head.

Robin Fink goes with G'n'R, Trent is annoyed by this.

Debuts at no 1 and dosnt drop down like The Fragile did.

PHM, this and The Slip (if not counting ghost and the deluxe version of HM) don't have a remix album.

Every Day Is Exactly the same was only preformed in the UHWITH THE TEETHUA tour (as of now)

V2 of Right Where Is Belong was rarely played during the wave goodbye tour

4 songs are still up in the air on what they are, being left off WITH THE TEETHAH (Message To No One, The Warning (may or not be the same one on Year Zero),A Life You Didn't Lead and My Dead Friend )

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    [WITH_TEETH]

Most people call it A WHITH THE TEEHUH. cuz that how Trent says it in said song
    ...no they don't

Sunspots is the only song not played yet.
    Not played live, it has been played and we have that audio

Robin Fink goes with G'n'R, Trent is annoyed by this.
    Citation needed? I think Trent understands that people take jobs as and when they're needed

4 songs are still up in the air on what they are, being left off WITH THE TEETHAH (Message To No One, The Warning (may or not be the same one on Year Zero),A Life You Didn't Lead and My Dead Friend )
    What do you mean "what they are"? We have lyrics for half of them, and The Warning, being SO specific on YZ, is almost certainly not the same song, as it would make literally no sense to anyone without YZ's context.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...no they don't
    This made me fucking bust out laughing.

ahhhh, @sheepdean . your deadpan delivery is a thing of beauty.

Okay @Dryalex12 , if this is how you started this thread, i can see why people are breaking your balls.

MOST people call With Teeth "A WHITH THE TEEHUH?"

Sometimes i call it Awitha Teetha as a joke. But i'm not most people.

Try again, with EMOTION!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The pronunciation of "With Teeth" is most likely a nod to Mark E Smith of The Fall

Last edited by allegro; 12-30-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh, yeah, and then there's this:

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    like really, sheepy,.......your like going over everything i make and giving as halfassed response to it, going over EVERYLITTLE DETAIL, some of these are rumors so I don't know if there true or not, so don't blame me. This is just a short and sweet thing i did for fun, not fucking high school.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I can't believe that I didn't post this any sooner, but I got to it in the Random NIN Thoughts threads.

While there are Nine Inch Nails fans that say Trent is God, Michael also means "Who is like God?"

*Finishes screwing around in this thread and leaves it alone again.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-30-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    some of these are rumors so I don't know if there true or not
    You started a thread with the word facts in - and you'll note I don't go over everything, because some are either right or grey enough to not be easily approachable (like I have a different view of Bleedthrough but it's hard to call)

So yeah, fact checking, kinda my thing. Likewise if you posted Trent wrote Black Bomb, we'd have a 20-something page thread about it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Some of them I know are true but i cant find the source but I know ive seen them beofre

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Some of them I know are true but i cant find the source but I know ive seen them beofre
    I have so many sources saying for a FACT Trent covered the Zelda theme, for a FACT that NIN refers to Jesus, for a FACT that he didn't bang Marilyn Manson. Not everything you read is true.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Dryalex12 - Oh, and sheepdean, not that you need me to defend/explain you, but yes, he really does know his stuff. He's like Leviathant status as far as NIN knowledge goes, and has been very helpful in answering a lot of my NIN questions generously, accurately, sufficiently and promptly in NIN.com and ETS. I don't mean this in any sarcastic or passive-aggressive way, but sheepdean is actually doing you an enormous favor.

For NIN facts, big or small, he's your guy. I can certainly attest to that.

@sheepdean - I guess I thought I'd return the favor for helping me find clarification and "closure" for the NIN questions I otherwise would've racked my brain over.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Well....proove me wrong, why dont anyone google it and proove me wrong? if i make a mistake then I make a mistake but no one as far as I know bothers to prove me if im right or wrong

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Well....proove me wrong, why dont anyone google it and proove me wrong? if i make a mistake then I make a mistake but no one as far as I know bothers to prove me if im right or wrong
    The burden of proof is on you for claiming these things, that's how this works. A song's never been played live? Easy, that's nin.wiki, ninlive, nintourhistory etc. Trent's made a statement, meanings of songs, more esoteric stuff, that's all on you.

And if you're not 100% sure on it, don't claim it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Or just call the thread "facts, rumors, and things I misremembered"

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Year Zero

StartIng during 2007 tour, Trent started planting MP3 files, starting the YZARG , along with a crap load of Websites, such As Iamtryingtobelieve, Thewaterturnedtoblood and anotherversIonofthetruth

But the RIAA started takinG down the leaked File Trent leaked out tO the public on puRpose, pissing Trent off.

Trent also wanted to stage a real life version of the presence, arrest actual fans and blow up a building....

Until "Came Back Haunted", Survivalism was the last video theY made.

My ViOlent Heart and Zero-Sum (In fUll) have not been played as of 2015

In the land of auSsie, they over priced Year Zero, claiming that "THey are loyal fans and thEy can pay for that much as a truE fan"

In return, Trent told them to steal the album, marking the beginning to his turning to a Pirate (for his own music mind you)

Trent also may or may not have leaked the Closure DVD and the BrokEn Movie

Also the cd changes color

There was plaNs to release Capital G as a single, but after the price in Aussie land, he changed his mind

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ... marking the beginning to his turning to a Pirate
    Sorry, I did my best to resist jumping into this thread; but I chuckled at this line and couldn't get the image out of my head:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This thread gets better every time I check it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think you missed the first "N"...