Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you guys see the Bane poster that the DKR Facebook page posted? It's kind of awesome.

Here's a link: http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/bad...ises-unveiled/
    Last edited by razzletiger; 12-10-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: linkage

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Magnus_Mask_Dom_RGB_1600x2366.jpg

You mean this poster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, that one, and had you clicked my link, you would've seen it, jerk face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is pretty fuckin sweet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I kinda hope that there will be something like the story from Broken Bat (comic book)... It will be phenomenal to see The Dark Knight broken for the first time on film. Something different. Nolan will not make a bad one. I'm sure of that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Batman: Venom and Knightfall are getting new editions in April or so for the movie. Now's the perfect time to read more about Bane in his hey-day.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=35882

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The prologue was bad ass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In line for the prologue now...fuckin' excited as hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty hard to understand Bane though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How does Catwoman look in the footage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Modern day Julie Newmar.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Prologue was sick, I'd say I made out about 80% of what Bane said but yeah, hopefully Nolan and co. get enough feedback and make it a bit more audible for the actual film. After the screening we walked out in to the lobby to some WB reps handing out shirts so naturally chaos ensued. I just stuck out a hand and grabbed at the pile. There were Bane shirts and Batman shirts. They were all size Large, I scored a Bane and three Batman ones. Naturally as a Bat-Nerd I'm keeping the Bane one and one of the Batman ones. Another Batman one goes to my friend at work who couldn't make it out tonight...as for the fourth one. If anyone wants it but couldn't make it to one of the screenings, let me know via PM, shoot me like $10 via PayPal (to cover a bubble envelope and postage) and it's yours. I might not get around to getting it mailed until next week or so...but just thought I'd toss it out there.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    *patiently waits for shotty bootleg so he doesnt have to deal wih mi4 or drive two gours*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Prologue was sick, I'd say I made out about 80% of what Bane said but yeah, hopefully Nolan and co. get enough feedback and make it a bit more audible for the actual film. After the screening we walked out in to the lobby to some WB reps handing out shirts so naturally chaos ensued. I just stuck out a hand and grabbed at the pile. There were Bane shirts and Batman shirts. They were all size Large, I scored a Bane and three Batman ones. Naturally as a Bat-Nerd I'm keeping the Bane one and one of the Batman ones. Another Batman one goes to my friend at work who couldn't make it out tonight...as for the fourth one. If anyone wants it but couldn't make it to one of the screenings, let me know via PM, shoot me like $10 via PayPal (to cover a bubble envelope and postage) and it's yours. I might not get around to getting it mailed until next week or so...but just thought I'd toss it out there.

Wow. They were trying to get me to freakin BUY them. If they were just handing em out I'da grabbed a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Chonson View Post
    Modern day Julie Newmar.
    Inotherwords she's fine but no Eartha Kitt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @IGN
    See The Dark Knight Rises Prologue Early - http://t.co/AXPEuElm
    Enjoy it, I can't because I'm at work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    do you think that the prologue and the second trailer will be available on the official page anytime soon?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Prologue was great, with a good balance of menace and slickness. Looks like TDKR's shaping up to feel like a mixture between Inception and TDK, and I'm fine with that. At the moment, I thought Bane was hard to understand, but perhaps that had to do with the PLANE ENGINE ROARING in the background, as well as the IMAX theater itself :| Is it really possible for Nolan to get a feel for people's reaction's to it and clean up his voice? I'd assume a majority of people are a fan of Hardy's physical performance. Those teasing bits afterwards were so cool. Snagged a large 'END' shirt.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    *patiently waits for shotty bootleg so he doesnt have to deal wih mi4 or drive two gours*
    There's already some incredibly shitty ones floating around out there, but I would rather wait for something that looks halfway decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razzletiger View Post
    Did you guys see the Bane poster that the DKR Facebook page posted? It's kind of awesome.
    Ohhhh shit. I'm super excited for this movie, but I'm probably going to stay out of this thread as much as possible like I did with The Dark Knight. At least until I've seen it. I'm probably going to see Ghost Protocol simply for the prologue, as long as I can coordinate with my friend before I go home for the holidays. I hope that poster isn't too indicative of what happens in the film, though, as I'd like to know as little as possible going in.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well... it seems like they took that actiony James Bondness of TDK and took it even a step further.... The prologue did nothing to calm my skepticism for the movie. I liked Begins considerably more than TDK. Bane doesn't have the charisma or intrigue that the Joker had.

It's interesting to see how many of the elements that made the first one great have gradually become lost over time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The trailer has leaked, Hathaway sounds really good as Selina.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's interesting to see how many of the elements that made the first one great have gradually become lost over time.
    Explain. I'll gladly read your explanation, but then I'm afraid I'll have to stay away from this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shaky version of the 2nd trailer is floating around the internet (i found it on AICN but it could be gone any minute), going to be before prints of Sherlock Holmes this weekend, according to them. FUCK FUCK FUCK IT'S AWESOME

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchtool View Post
    Shaky version of the 2nd trailer is floating around the internet (i found it on AICN but it could be gone any minute), going to be before prints of Sherlock Holmes this weekend, according to them. FUCK FUCK FUCK IT'S AWESOME
    GOOD. GOD. I was already planning on going to see Sherlock Holmes but I'll be there opening day simply just to see this on the big screen. That was incredible.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I wasn't a big fan of the first two (I know...blasphemy, especially because I'm a huge Nolan fan) but this looks pretty badass. Actually, I should really watch the first two again and see if I like them better the second time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    saw the leaked shitty quality trailer. OMFG. summer 2012 can't come soon enough. can't wait for the prologue and HD trailer

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Explain. I'll gladly read your explanation, but then I'm afraid I'll have to stay away from this thread.
    First let me just say that i still look forward to seeing this series and im a big batman fan in general. What i think was so refreshig for audoences about Batman begins was its realism and its logical, cause and effect style plot. It was a logical, patient movie. For the first time audiences really go to know Bruce Wayne and his motivations, etc. He was a real relatable character. Villains in the film were built to serve the major themes and motifs of the film. Scarecrow reflected the concept of fear, and Ras played an antethesis to Batmans merciful nature. Action sequences were brief and reasonable. Batman was a ninja, exploiting stealth and psychological tactics. A lot of the action was left to the audiences imagination. Batman struggled to. He was imperfect, and that raised tension.

When we get to TDK bruce is less relatable. In fact in the most recent film, bruce had no character arc at all. He became this perfect unstoppable machine, who wanted to stop what he was doing. This latter point has depth, but it doesnt arc. This wasnt his story. It was Harvey Dents. The action in this removes the realistic element all together, the stealth ninja stuff sacrificed for open brawls and james bond gadgets. Batman relies entirely on technology. The plot has numerous holes, but the worst one is when Harvey turns. He does so instantly. One moment hes the white knight da the next hes aiming at kids. They could have chosen to hint at a darkside, but all present hints are invalidated by harveys double geaded coin, allowing him to be the gpod guy even when he seems bad to the audience. The character development is careless and sudden. Where in the previous film it had been methodical and well thought out. It might have been best to let harvey remain missing and let him return this time around. Actually the whole ending is a rather rushed clusterfuck, with a cheesy ethics debate style boat situation, a two face who exists for 10 minutes. Finally, gprdon ajd batmans decision at the end makes no sense. Martyrdom doesnt work against the mob and government cprruption. Batman did. It would have been more effective if Bruce had realized that he CANT give up. He would realize that even the best polticians are corruptable. Any way the thing is rather careless.

In rises, which i obviously havent seen, nolan wants that choice to work somehow... so here we have bane, a character who uas never had much depth at all, and nolan chooses to open the film in a way thats functionally identical to the last one. He tries to introduce the films main villain. Unlike the joker, though, the bane isnt nearly as interesting. It just doesnt hook you the same way. In many ways i can imagine the scene originally being written for the joker. Complete with questions about the mask yada yada. So bane turns out to be equally clever and have plans just as stupidly complicated as jokers. Except more stupid. The jokers plans came by necessity and until that fucking boat thing they were pretty clever. Bane could have gotten out of that plane any number of ways... so why the craziest one imagonable. That scene is 10 times more ridiculous than most action sequences. Weve left Batman Begins territory of reason and restrained, and started to back pedal into schumacher territory here. And its either to compensate for the fact that bane is flat and boring, or to capitalize on the last film. Again i havent seen the movie yet. But thats the impression i get.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchtool View Post
    Holy shit. The 7 minute version is up on demonoid....holy shit.