Page 81 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Some speculation over at Provider Module it might be his Groupie film.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I love that any MM news now is forced to go in the Shitty Music thread. Hilarious. And I say that as a fan (well, a fan roughly up through when most of us rational human beings stopped being fans).

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    These guys are supposed to be the next big thing in metal...music and lyrics and video are utterly laughable.

(video is pretty gross, maybe NSFW):

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Where have you heard that they're the next big thing. All I've seen is mockery for their bullshit from day one.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Well, they're one of the small handful of metal bands on a major label, so someone thinks they're going to make it big.
    Robb Flynn has bigged them up, and they've toured with Slipknot and Korn: they are moving in the bigger circles.
    Metalsucks gave their new album a fawning thumbs up (though it's not entirely clear that the article isn't satire): http://www.metalsucks.net/2016/09/13...versation-god/

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Slayer are not a good band.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Slayer are not a good band.
    That belongs..... here.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Corey is at it again:

Lol comparing himself to Nirvana and Eminem. "This song is for America".
    Kuddos for him trying to turn it into something positive but it doesn't excuse the fact that his performance is horrid.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    "hey, I need a custom made gold absurdity of a hooded jacket....eyah and im gonna need to be able to rip the hood off at any moment"

also, Feldman can't actually sing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This masterpiece was released 25 years ago today.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

Here's some fun trivia. Gwyneth Paltrow wanted to play the female lead but her father said no. This is the first feature film shot by Janusz Kaminski who would later win an Oscar a few years later for Schindler's List as he became Steven Spielberg's regular cinematographer. This film bombed as it only grossed $1.6 million against its $6 million budget. The timing of it was bad as Ice was already seen as a joke thanks in some part to this legendary parody....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Corey is at it again
    Lol comparing himself to Nirvana and Eminem. "This song is for America".
    Kudos for him trying to turn it into something positive but it doesn't excuse the fact that his performance is horrid.
    Whoa, wow, that hood makes him look like a FLY!!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

if you feel the need to watch the film, may i recommend doing it with the absolutely hilarious addition of Rifftrax?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    FFS, this new Kings of Leon album is absolutely wretched. Why is this band even still around?
    But Taylor Swift says you need this in your life!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    But Taylor Swift says you need this in your life!
    Like she needs men and make them cuckolds for her stupid songs?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Justin Bieber doesn't really get this whole being a teenage heartthrob thing
    http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...in-manchester/

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Justin Bieber doesn't really get this whole being a teenage heartthrob thing
    http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news...in-manchester/
    You know, when I read shit like this, I'm wondering if twenty years from now, Bieber's not going to be a great artist with a lot of humor.

Despite his antics and shitty attitude, he obviously cares, he works for his art, he's actually trying to do something other than sporting the trendiest haircut. The guy's been treated like a product before he was old enough to understand it, and now there's a rift between what he wants to do and where he's at.

Or you know, he could just do huge amount of coke and die choking on his own puke. Either or.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    You know, when I read shit like this, I'm wondering if twenty years from now, Bieber's not going to be a great artist with a lot of humor.

Despite his antics and shitty attitude, he obviously cares, he works for his art, he's actually trying to do something other than sporting the trendiest haircut. The guy's been treated like a product before he was old enough to understand it, and now there's a rift between what he wants to do and where he's at.

Or you know, he could just do huge amount of coke and die choking on his own puke. Either or.
    Yeah, I always found it weird that he became a universal punching bag because he was told from the age of 14 that he was basically a gift to humanity, had every girl his age throwing themselves at him and tons of money delivered via dump truck to his bank account. I think every 14 year old boy is a bit of a dick in some form or another, and almost all have some version of an ego problem, so mix all that in with those factors and, I mean, why was anyone surprised? I'm desperately glad the stupid, dumbass shit I did and said at that time in my life has no real documentation outside of maybe a left over notebook or two sitting in a closet somewhere that I'm sure I'll one day cringe at while laughing.

I just never get mocking child stars in general. We've seen more than enough of them end up severely fucked up over the crazy amount of privilege granted at such a volatile age combined with the public hate that I think it's just irresponsible, really. I'm all for more good musicians and performers in the world, so if he ends up maturing into something good, or even just, say, Timberlake level, I'll be happily surprised.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=v5hnB9cgmXw

This is ome of the worst albums I've ever heard. Forget that Shadows' (seriously, enough with the stage names) voice is god-fuckimg-awful, but the drums sound like hollow books and couch cushions. Fuck this band to eternity and back.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Yeah, I always found it weird that he became a universal punching bag because he was told from the age of 14 that he was basically a gift to humanity
    Well he's been acting like a gigantic dick, so there's that. I'm not saying it's warranted, but it's not out of nowhere either. Every time you saw him you just wanted to slap some reality check into him. And not every child star turns into a superdouche. I agree that treating him like an adult superdouche is irresponsible, but well, every side of the fence has done that. There were adult women wetting their pants when he was still underage, that's not healthy either.

As a general rule we have a super fucked up interaction with stardom. We're more interested in the morals and messages of our craftsmen than those of our leaders. And as a side effect we're starting to have a really fucked up view of politics, where we treat our politicians like their private life is a source of fascination and more worthy of scrutiny than their actual politics. Pop stars have to be morally beyond reproach and politically relevant while politicians have to be hype and cool. Call me old-fashioned but I find it a tad backwards.

Back to Bieber, there's potential in him to do great things, not that I know what he does, but the guy's actually a musician and actually cares about what he does, those are good starting points.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Fitz and the Tantrums. I HATE this stupid song and it's on TV in a car commercial all the time.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Fitz and the Tantrums. I HATE this stupid song and it's on TV in a car commercial all the time.
    I hate those fuckers as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What If? by Creed.

terrible song

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    What If? by Creed.

terrible song
    I hated that fucking song. It was a fucking rip-off of "Wicked Garden" by STP and in a bad way. Crud is just horrendous in every way all due to Scott Stapp.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have said here that the first two Creed albums are solid, and Alter Bridge rocks. Don't mind "What if" at all.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My Own Prison is awesome. 2nd record has some great songs but overall I don't like it.

That chorus gets me. The open guitar switch there too.

This is pretty much the only song I like off Weathered. Probably the heaviest song they ever did. Dat video doe....lol:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That main riff in What If is killer. I hate that fact just as much as the next guy, but it's true.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Yeah, Stapp is a douche and all, but he is a good singer and I do like those first two albums, even if I don't want to admit it.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Nah, Creed are as shit as they are known to be.
    I tried, and I like plenty of b-list grunge, from My Sister's Machine and Sponge to Tantric and early Staind.
    Creed are a shitty mishmash of Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains with extra slatherings of totally undeserved pomposity.
    My Sacrifice is as close as it gets, in terms of this is so bad this is kinda awesome guilty pleasure territory.

Also shit: 10 Years, 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, Candlebox, Moist, Bush, Godsmack.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Nah, Creed are as shit as they are known to be.
    I tried, and I like plenty of b-list grunge, from My Sister's Machine and Sponge to Tantric and early Staind.
    Creed are a shitty mishmash of Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains with extra slatherings of totally undeserved pomposity.
    My Sacrifice is as close as it gets, in terms of this is so bad this is kinda awesome guilty pleasure territory.

Also shit: 10 Years, 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, Candlebox, Moist, Bush, Godsmack.
    HA, I thought I was the only one here who had heard of My Sister's Machine. I like Bush and Candlebox don't bother me. Agree with the other bands you mentioned. Pretty generic stuff.