Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Not really about a band, but what's up with these "reaction videos," where the camera is on a person watching a music video (sometimes a movie preview). It's stupid. I don't get it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I like watching the ones where the person 'reacting' is actually talking about the video/song and has things to say. For example, there's an opera singer who dissects songs using their vast musical knowledge from several degrees and that's fun because they clearly know what they're talking about. Plus seeing someone from a classical music theory background talk about popular music in a way that non-musical people can learn things is fun to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I left that intentionally vague because there are four-five of them who I feel do a pretty good job with it. The only thing I say bad about it is when it looks like they just do songs that someone else did. For example, why would everyone be reacting to the same AC/DC song in the same month? It's not a new song so it just looks like "look at me!" or something.

Now those people who do it with things like movie trailers, those are dumb. they feel very contrived because the reactions have to be over the top to stand out.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Not really about a band, but what's up with these "reaction videos," where the camera is on a person watching a music video (sometimes a movie preview). It's stupid. I don't get it.
    It's a way to piggyback off of popular content without making anything new.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For many of the people with channels like this it (at least) started out as a means to discover music that was outside of their bubble. Like how in the olden days you would do by asking for recommendations on message boards.

The overwhelming majority don't have anything insightful to say or keep it superficial, so they mostly en up coasting on the persona that they present. Eventually some become the stereotypical influencer. Of course there's also people who provide insight from their own expertise, if it is relevant to whatever they're responding to. When it comes to music, especially people who've had formal training in composition or singing can be pretty good at "reacting".

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They reek of narcissism, making someone's video all about themselves. Even if someone has insightful commentary, those dramatic reaction shots are obnoxious. Most of the "influencers" that I've seen look like dipshits. I hate this century.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-03-2024 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

"Let's Go Fishing"

Got to work two jobs and rob a bank
    To put food on the table and gas in your tank
    And everybody knows who's to blame
    But I ain't gonna worry about none of that shit today

So let's go fishin', let's go wishin'
    On a star in the dark in the middle of the night
    The world's gone crazy and the shit ain't right
    Let's go runnin', a little backwoods hidin'
    It's all so fucked up I can't stand it
    Let's go Karen, let's go Brandon
    And let's go fishin'

We can make America great again
    Turn right on a two track and turn off CNN

And let's go fishin', let's go wishin'
    And let's go fishin'
    Let's go fishin'

Take a foot off the gas
    This ain't a Nascar race
    Just kick it on back
    With a smile on your face

And let's go fishin'
    Let's go fishin'

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    And it's been a while since anyone gave a shit about this tool. Staind, the kings of crybaby underbite rawk. What is it with these crappy 90s "artists" who faded into obscurity with their one-hit no-wonder careers being resurrected by MAGA pandering. Kid Rock, Staind, Three Doors Down, fucking Godsmack... you can have them. They suck, they always sucked, and now they suck even more than ever

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

"Let's Go Fishing"

Got to work two jobs and rob a bank
    To put food on the table and gas in your tank
    And everybody knows who's to blame
    But I ain't gonna worry about none of that shit today

So let's go fishin', let's go wishin'
    And let's go fishin'

We can make America great again
    Turn right on a two track and turn off CNN

And let's go fishin'
    Let's go fishin'

Take a foot off the gas
    This ain't a Nascar race
    Just kick it on back
    With a smile on your face

And let's go fishin'
    Let's go fishin'
    This guy has become a parody at this point. So much it feels like a character.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    He's basically this:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Holy Jesus, I'm sorry I ever bought Dysfunction on cd. What a total chud.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    And it's been a while since anyone gave a shit about this tool. Staind, the kings of crybaby underbite rawk. What is it with these crappy 90s "artists" who faded into obscurity with their one-hit no-wonder careers being resurrected by MAGA pandering. Kid Rock, Staind, Three Doors Down, fucking Godsmack... you can have them. They suck, they always sucked, and now they suck even more than ever
    Kid Rock didn't even grow up in the South. He was a rich kid who grew up in a nice neighborhood in MI (a Union state). Yet he loves the Confederate flag and Donald Trump. It's an act. He dressed like Kid N Play in the early 90s, ffs. When the nu-metal thing ran its course he needed a new persona.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    who wants to hear Ben Shapiro spit some science about what a snowflake you are?

Boom!!!! Your wish is granted

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*takes deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Holy fuck, that is some hot garbage.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I couldn't take more than 3 seconds.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'd rather listen to someone bashing his skull in with a tire iron for three hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's quite sad that these folks want to return to a time where you could pretend that all of the problems that people are trying to address now don't exist. Like angry children who are only just learning that the world is larger than they are, thus others are deserving of attention too.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Shapiro has a law degree from Harvard and has a net worth of 50 million dollars.

What is he so angry about?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the "I don't care if I offend you" shirt is missing a "but I sure as fuck care if you offend me" on the back or something

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm trying to listen to a lot of new albums this year. The good and the bad, basically anything that is on the wikipedia "list of 2024 albums"
    Came across this absolute horseshit yesterday. Shameful.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm Ben Shapiro and I'm here to say
    That I hate liberals in a major way!
    Word to your mother!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just another reminder that Tom McDonald is Canadian...

Also, if you say you don't give a fuck what people say or think, you do...a lot. See Fred Durst.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What in the actual fuck is that? (I am NOT clicking)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love it. I grew up listening to all kinds of cool stuff, a lot of whoch i learned about here or on aperfectcircle.net, and people around me just hated most of it because they were into Kenny Chesney or the Black Eyed Peas or at the very very very best Disturbed.

It's fun to watch somebody explore music that I loved years ago that is now old people music. But it's fun when it's a young person delving into alternative forms of rock/metal for the first time or a rap fan giving other genres a try.

I can listen to those albums again on my own for the thousandth time, but it's more fun to see people get into it and have a new perspective or a new excitement about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shapiro has a law degree from Harvard and has a net worth of 50 million dollars.

What is he so angry about?
    He is a white dork under 6 foot tall who can't get his wife off. It's all compensation.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift.

She seems like a nice person and I don't hate her music or even think it's that bad. From what I've heard, it sounds like generic pop music. She's not a brilliant songwriter or a great singer.

I just don't get the hype.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift.

She seems like a nice person and I don't hate her music or even think it's that bad. From what I've heard, it sounds like generic pop music. She's not a brilliant songwriter or a great singer.

I feel the same. It almost feels like a parody at this point.

She wore white for the Grammy's, and grown men and women were losing their shit over a simple white dress, and got it to trend on Twitter.

What gets me the most is, if you say anything even remotely negative about her, people act as if you're insulting their Grandmother or something. It's incredibly weird at this point.

What was more interesting is what Jay-Z said about Beyonce having the most Grammy wins, and never won AOTY, meanwhile Taylor Swift has 4? I really don't care about this kind of shit, but that actually made me turn my head a tad lol... Her music is not AOTY worthy, and it seems suspect at this point.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    What was more interesting is what Jay-Z said about Beyonce having the most Grammy wins, and never won AOTY, meanwhile Taylor Swift has 4? I really don't care about this kind of shit, but that actually made me turn my head a tad lol... Her music is not AOTY worthy, and it seems suspect at this point.
    Where is Kanye when you need him? Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Where is Kanye when you need him? Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish, but...
    Hahaa, this literally popped into my head, when I heard she won again. I actually felt bad for her, when that went down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Taylor Swift.

I think what bears repeating all the time is popular /= exceptional. It just means good enough, but widely accessible/relatable. It's why the Coldplays and Ed Sheerans of the world do so well. It's bland enough for everyone to enjoy, thus popular and well-liked.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I think what bears repeating all the time is popular /= exceptional. It just means good enough, but widely accessible/relatable. It's why the Coldplays and Ed Sheerans of the world do so well. It's bland enough for everyone to enjoy, thus popular and well-liked.
    Good point, but I also think pop music just used to be better. Madonna and Michael Jackson recorded much better songs than Swift, Sheeran, etc. Most of the modern pop music that I hear sounds generic and is just kind of loud and obnoxious with no soul.