Page 76 of 131 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Earlier this month during one late night where I couldn't sleep. I ended up watching Jem & the Holograms just out of curiosity to see how bad it is. WOW..... I heard it was bad but fuck.... not this bad. It's not just that the music is horrible but the film itself is obscene. It bears a lot about what I hate about today's pop as it has those "oh oh" vocal styles. Ugh.... Easily one of the worst films I had ever seen in my lifetime as I'm trying to write a full review on that awful film.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Jesus fuck. This wins the worst.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Earlier this month during one late night where I couldn't sleep. I ended up watching Jem & the Holograms just out of curiosity to see how bad it is. WOW..... I heard it was bad but fuck.... not this bad. It's not just that the music is horrible but the film itself is obscene. It bears a lot about what I hate about today's pop as it has those "oh oh" vocal styles. Ugh.... Easily one of the worst films I had ever seen in my lifetime as I'm trying to write a full review on that awful film.
    at first i thought you were talking about the cartoon show and i was like BLASPHEMER! i completely forgot they made a movie out of it, and i am 100% ok with you hating it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post

Jesus fuck. This wins the worst.
    what the fuck is happening in that chorus?

those are some dope raps towards the middle. :: punches self in face::

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    at first i thought you were talking about the cartoon show and i was like BLASPHEMER! i completely forgot they made a movie out of it, and i am 100% ok with you hating it.
    I actually liked the cartoon as it was something I grew up on. Yeah, I knew it was for girls but it had the Misfits and I thought they were fuckin' cool. The film is nothing like the cartoon. It's obscenely atrocious. It takes itself way too seriously and the music. It's not just bad pop but also bad acapella music. I'm glad that film bombed in the box office and got torn to shreds by fans and critics. And they used the fucking Misfits in a mid-credits sequence in the hopes of a sequel which will never happen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I actually liked the cartoon as it was something I grew up on. Yeah, I knew it was for girls but it had the Misfits and I thought they were fuckin' cool. The film is nothing like the cartoon. It's obscenely atrocious. It takes itself way too seriously and the music. It's not just bad pop but also bad acapella music. I'm glad that film bombed in the box office and got torn to shreds by fans and critics. And they used the fucking Misfits in a mid-credits sequence in the hopes of a sequel which will never happen.
    dude, it wasn't "for" girls. it was targeted at girls, but that doesn't mean ANYONE wasn't welcome to enjoy it. it was a fun, colorful show with cool 80s music and the Misfits were totally awesome.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)

Fuck you.
    I don't even like Blind Melon. I actually hate that song. Whatever. But, how fucking dare you creatively devoid shitheads try to package this shitty new manufactured pop thing like this. You SUCK. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

Fuck you.
    I don't even like Blind Melon. I actually hate that song. Whatever. But, how fucking dare you creatively devoid shitheads try to package this shitty new manufactured pop thing like this. You SUCK. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU.

Oh that is fucking wrong.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    This is reaching back a bit, but considering the absence of a thread for the band, or indeed the necessity of one, and the vitriol with which they were looked upon in the NIN community, I figured this is probably the best place for this, though I have a fondness for a handful of their songs:

Stabbing Westward are playing a sold-out one-off reunion show at the Double Door

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    This is reaching back a bit, but considering the absence of a thread for the band, or indeed the necessity of one, and the vitriol with which they were looked upon in the NIN community, I figured this is probably the best place for this, though I have a fondness for a handful of their songs:

Stabbing Westward are playing a sold-out one-off reunion show at the Double Door
    I like some of their stuff too despite the fact that I thought they were NIN imitators but good NIN imitators.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Oh that is fucking wrong.
    The video has now been removed. What was it?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    The video has now been removed. What was it?
    It opens for me. Someone by the name of Mandy Jiroux opens up a crappy dance tune (reminds me of that Barbie song from way back when) with "No Rain". I listened for a whole 10 seconds before shutting it down.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i've always liked stabbing westward. not sure why they got so much shit, especially because andy and trent were friends, in exotic birds together, and he played drums on "the downward spiral"

also, my old band, Ganser, is opening for them, which hurts my heart a bit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

I do like Stabbing Westward; i wouldn't call them "shitty", just "generic".

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It opens for me. Someone by the name of Mandy Jiroux opens up a crappy dance tune (reminds me of that Barbie song from way back when) with "No Rain". I listened for a whole 10 seconds before shutting it down.
    oh if you didn't make it to the "chorus" no rain reprise, you didn't see the truly mindless horror... You gotta skip to the 30 second mark
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-16-2016 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I still can't see it. "This video is not available. Sorry about that". I don't know, maybe I'm getting a block on copyright grounds, but, then again, YouTube would have said so if that were the case. I guess I should be thankful I cannot listen to it, heheheheh.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Ed Sheeran needs to fuck right off back to the shire and tend to his garden. Make all the music you want, you smirky plagiarist hobbit fuckwit, but keep it secret and keep it safe.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Fuck you.
    "No Rain" was overplayed, but I liked them. This is just awful.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ed Sheeran needs to fuck right off back to the shire and tend to his garden. Make all the music you want, you smirky plagiarist hobbit fuckwit, but keep it secret and keep it safe.
    I read some comment by some idiot who said that he is more attractive than Bryan Ferry? That is blasphemy.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    You can thank Taylor Swift for this jackass. Another reason to hope she buys her own country and never to be heard from again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Regarding Ed Sheeran I have a dislike of that entire singer songwriter with an acoustic guitar genre. Anyone slaps on their acoustic guitar in an attempt to keep it real at any gig i'm offering to go the bar for a round

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Have you guys seen Todd in the Shadows? He has a particular disdain for singers like these. He calls them WGWAGs (White Guys With Acoustic Guitars, pronounced "wigwags"). He has featured Ed Sheeran occasionally on his show, though he has both loved and hated songs by him.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Regarding Ed Sheeran I have a dislike of that entire singer songwriter with an acoustic guitar genre. Anyone slaps on their acoustic guitar in an attempt to keep it real at any gig i'm offering to go the bar for a round
    When I was at college there was a guy around in friend-circles who was kind of the epitome of the Jack Johnson douche... Tom or Todd or something, started with a T... He knocked on my dorm door one day and asks me if he can borrow my acoustic guitar for a moment. OK. So I'm sitting here, studying (which means I'm reading some pretentious book), and I hear this guy playing my guitar and singing this shitty optimistic "change your life" music outside in the hallway... lyrics along the lines of "girl you need to go far before you know how far you've gotten, let me see your journey blossom" or some shit... I walk out there, and there's a circle of hot girls all gazing at him moony-eyed and slack jawed, and he's playing the guitar with a big fucking smile on his face while he wears his wraparound shades indoors.

I smashed that guitar later that night and threw it into the fucking dumpster outside. Fuck you Tom, or Todd, or whatever the fuck your name was.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    no you didn't.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    also:

So shitty that it ends up incredible.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    no you didn't.
    Actually, I did. Not my proudest moment, but hey, alcohol when you're 19. And at least in that case, no regrets.

(and in the interest of full disclosure, the guitar was shitty, beat-up, and I accidentally/drunkenly cracked the body of it before I just said fuck it and smashed it... but that incident was definitely on my mind... and also, in all fairness, he was a nice enough guy, just... ugh... it looked like the real world version of this...

Last edited by Jinsai; 08-28-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I had a similar incident happen, but I didn't smash the thing. I made the dumb mistake of taking a college course to learn the guitar rather than taking private lessons. These twins were next door and they asked if anyone had a guitar and I let them borrow mine, and they harmonized together on some country song. It kind of hammered home how useless I was at the guitar watching one of these handsome guys play it. He wasn't shredding it up but playing competently. I felt rather like a slightly abusive parent watching his children have fun a kid is supposed to have. Wound up giving it to a friend a few years later who fixed it up and sold it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    also:

So shitty that it ends up incredible.
    i feel bad for these guys. i made the mistake of reading some of the comments on youtube and they just seem like nice dudes who don't know how to record well (or play that well) and just want to have fun making music.

...that said, oh my god, this is so bad. the kick just sounds like someone tapping the end of a 1/4" cable and the tempo is so inconsistent. oy vey.