Page 25 of 131 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    There is a controversial opinions on music thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...=controversial

Go there and actually explain why you like these bands if you want to be interesting.
    Also, AFI and Coldplay seem to have a pretty big following on this board.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    AFI i can understand... But Coldplay? seriously...?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    AFI i can understand... But Coldplay? seriously...?
    I feel the exact opposite honestly. Coldplay have written some fantastic pop songs their whole career. They ooze with cheesiness and try to be U2 a little to hard, but I'd be lying if I said that up until Mylo Xyloto, that they didn't put out some good albums. AFI have gone from a clunky punk band to a lame assed makeup wearing patriarch of the high school emo scene, to completely bottoming out of relevancy, and for good reason. AFI were always boring and trying so desperately hard to remain with their scenes, they had their moment in the sun for a few years, but they were never anything special, and most of the people I knew who loved them in 2003-2007 can't be bothered to give a shit about them currently.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh if we're talking "quality" i agree... yet i think an AFI fan could be a NIN fan... but i don't see much relation between NIN and Coldplay...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I've paid money to see AFI you couldn't pay me to see Cold Play. I also like NIN.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    It occurred to again today how much i hate kings of leon.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "Started from the bottom now we're here
    Started from the bottom now the whole team fuckin' here"

Holy shit, Drake is horrible. How is he praised?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    It occurred to again today how much i hate kings of leon.
    Kings of Leon suck so hard. I blame the vocalist really. Kevin Followill's voice is so unbearable to listen to. They're the definitive definition of a band selling out. How they went from shit they did in 2005 (On Call) or so to the abortion that was tracks like Sex On Fire (give me a break) and Use Somebody (LOL) on the last album before the current garbage they just released I haven't a clue.

K. Followill seems like a douchebag from most interviews I've seen with him and his vocals seem so freaking forced. The entire time this song ever unfortunately graces my ears, I'm reminded of it:

I was bored in class one day back when the song came out in 2009 that I wrote a Weird Al yankovic type parody of it I named Kill Somebody. I never recorded it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    They have one song, older I'm guessing that I like but yeah the chlamydia song I can't stand.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The first two KOL albums are great (also the EP "Holly Roller Novocaine") but i understand how you feel... they seem to be trying sooo hard these days and the new stuff sucks in a bad way...

Just like Coldplay and The Killers they are trying to be U2 so bad (because selling out is better than writting good songs...)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-30-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I liked their earlier stuff and while I do like songs like "Sex on Fire" and "Use Somebody", they have become an overblown mainstream rock band. I did like that gig where birds shit on them which I think is appropriate since they have sold out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I liked their earlier stuff and while I do like songs like "Sex on Fire" and "Use Somebody", they have become an overblown mainstream rock band. I did like that gig where birds shit on them which I think is appropriate since they have sold out.
    Woa really?

Is it on youtube?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I hate Green Day. There, I said it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    After American Idiot, it hasn't been the same. Their records got lamer, the production got too polished, and they started to play pop festivals. They fucking suck now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Don't blame you, they are overrated and boring, excluding a couple of songs i can't stand them...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Woa really?

Is it on youtube?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I don't think that is the one, sadly I watched the whole thing but no bird shit that I could see. I do recall seeing it after it happened.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Katy Perry--pure shit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Katy Perry--pure shit.
    I kinda disagree as I think she has some good songs as I do like the new one. Plus, I just can't help staring at her tits.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Katy Perry--pure shit.
    I don't know about her music... but she's very fuckable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

yeah i don't know either

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't know about her music... but she's very fuckable
    If she looked like a horse I wonder if she would be a huge pop star? Unlikely. Most of these pop-tarts don't write their own music or even sing their songs live in concert. Katy Perry is a brand, she can phone in the vocals in the studio and then it's off to the parties and award shows.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 10-02-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Circle the Drain is a cool song.
    I'd love for her to do an album of electro pop/rock like this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    She has a decent voice. It's easier to just say you hate pop music (a totally valid opinion, btw).

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I kinda disagree as I think she has some good songs as I do like the new one. Plus, I just can't help staring at her tits.
    I disagree on both counts. Her songs are as bland as they get, just latching on to any new trend that's coming around to dance music and singing over it. She's no different than Miley or Britney or anyone. Bad music is bad music. I also don't think she's that attractive, busty, sure, but attractive, she wouldn't even get second looks if she wasn't as popular as she is.
    Meh, I have a soft spot for them. I didn't bother listening to Uno Dos Tre at all, aside from the tune that was in that Will Ferrell movie last year. 21st Century Breakdown was a rehash of American Idiot, which in itself was a great pop album, but it had been done before. I like their early work up until Warning which I think is one of the most underrated albums in recent memory, there's some dark songs and great licks, probably their most artistic output. Too bad not many people "got it" because it forced them into the family rock band they are currently.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't hate all pop music. I like this for example:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    If she looked like a horse I wonder if she would be a huge pop star? Unlikely. Most of these pop-tarts don't write their own music or even sing their songs live in concert. Katy Perry is a brand, she can phone in the vocals in the studio and then it's off to the parties and award shows.
    When you're right, you're right... but in a way it's obvious she can do her "stuff" in a competent way...
    And obviously i don't like it or endorse it, yet i think what she does, she does it "well" and i don't find it offensive or forced...

Of course she's mostly "eye candy" and maybe she doesn't write her own songs ...but i find her more "honest" and easier to stand than... let's say: Pink or Avril Lavigne (who was already dissed in the thread...)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-02-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    She's charismatic, I'll give her that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i like katy perry because she has a sense of humor, particularly about herself. the "last friday night" video was pure 80s camp, and it was fantastic. i don't like her music, i don't like her voice, but i think she's a decent human being with a good sense of humor, and that's the most important thing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i like katy perry because she has a sense of humor, particularly about herself. the "last friday night" video was pure 80s camp, and it was fantastic. i don't like her music, i don't like her voice, but i think she's a decent human being with a good sense of humor, and that's the most important thing.
    I agree. She's not afraid to make fun of herself and doesn't take herself very seriously. She does however have bad choice in guys.