Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 3921

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Is that the band that sings the apology song?

"It's tooooo laaaaate to apologize....it's toooooooo laaaaaaaaate..."
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.
    i always thought that song was by, like, usher or something.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Came in here to see how many people were shitting on the new Wu-Tang Clan album.

Maybe it's a little early yet...
    Haha people are too busy getting mad over TSwift.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I fucking HATED Lulu when it was released. Hated it.

Now I play it fairly often and have a much sunnier disposition towards the whole thing. It's loud, offensive and downright weird.

In other words, more than good for me. Metallica may have indeed stuck the knife in their own heart involving themselves with this, but at least they did it not giving a fuck and going out strange.
    Metallica fans may hate it, but I don't think it hurt their career. Most probably see Death Magnetic as their last album and see LuLu as a side project. LuLu's always been cool in my book, but I am more of a Lou fan than a Metallica fan, although I like them a lot too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I can't wait for the new Breaking Benjamin album that's out next month. It's incredible how much their sound progresses from album to album. Those epic riffs. Those deep lyrics.

"When angels fall with broken wings...I can't give up, I can't give in...when all is lost and daylight ends...I'll carry you and we will win...forever..."

A 37 YEAR OLD MAN WROTE THIS POETRY.
    jesus, i thought you were being serious until i realized what thread i'm in hahaha

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Is anyone here a fan of that "Future Islands" band?

If so, I apologize, but...holy fuck, that shit is awful. It sounds like some sterile knock-off version of the worst 80s synth pop, with some goof over-emoting WAY too much on vocals, to the point where it's comical. All the songs sound the same, too...right down to the bonehead vocalist trying SO HARD to sound deep, and failing miserably.

BLEH
    i like ONE SONG by them and that's it.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

I was listening to this earlier, after I read a review for it on Blabbermouth where it got a rating of 5. Apparently, that's pretty low. It said the covers were awful, the production was terrible and the mixes were abhorrent. Sounds like a pretty good Danzig album, like most of his others, right?

Yea...no. It's really REALLY bad. Tommy Victor does not fill the shoes of John Christ or even suck on the insoles for that matter. The whole thing sounds like it was recorded in an unfinished basement, with Danzig half-asleep and singing flatly on one side while the band is playing through a tape deck on the other end.

The best part about this album is the comments section under the Blabbermouth review. One guy said Danzig should have named the album "Moobs" and I laughed so hard I almost ruptured my spleen.
    As Danzig is my favourite artist (http://www.ryan-s.org/danzig) I would defend him, but the recording of this is pretty crap. I do love Crying In The Rain and Satan, though. I've bought like 10 different variants of it haha

On a positive note, ALWAYS ON MY MIND from the forthcoming Danzig Sings Elvis record is AMAZING! -

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The best part about this album is the comments section under the Blabbermouth review. One guy said Danzig should have named the album "Moobs" and I laughed so hard I almost ruptured my spleen.
    The album cover homage to David Bowie's "Pin Ups" is hilarious.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-17-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    New Macklemore album is a cringeworthy, overblown mess. Remind me again why this guy is a phenomenon?
    Well, he does have a really impressive "punch me" manicured haircut

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, he does have a really impressive "punch me" manicured haircut
    i've been told i look like him (because of my haircut) and every time i cringe before begrudgingly saying "thaaaanks..."

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    FFS, this new Kings of Leon album is absolutely wretched. Why is this band even still around?
    But Taylor Swift says you need this in your life!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    But Taylor Swift says you need this in your life!
    Like she needs men and make them cuckolds for her stupid songs?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    While I wait on pins and needles to Feed the Machine in June, at least I can partake in The Madness that will transpire in the months before..

https://www.amazon.com/Madness-Art-A...67995&sr=1-150

I was actually looking forward to their last album, with Weiland on vocals, but found the album to be extremely generic. Weiland's singing and melodies kept the material slightly above average, but the disc was nothing to write home about. This new stuff is extremely forgettable.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The Grammy's in general should be in this thread.
    I'd like to nominate (lol) The Grammy's for a permanent thread title change in place of Nickelback. As shitty as Nickelback is, they get more grief IMO for their level of success rather than their quality (or lack there of) of music.

The Grammy's and the acts/crowds they attract, now = WOOF! It's as if TMZ merged with MTV.