Thread: 2014.08.25 - Hollywood, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Great show last night.

I thought that SG really delivered and their performance at the Bowl tied with their show at the Forum back in '11. I'm really happy about that because I thought SG kinda slacked it off in Irvine. Chris mentioned something that they have always wanted to play at the Bowl and now it has happened. You can really tell that they were happy to play there and it showed. I think it was SG's night to shine and they played better than NIN.

NIN gave a good solid performance. Kinda bummed about having a cookie cutter set list, but oh well. I really can't complain about it. I think that they did better at the Irvine show as a whole. However, I think that Ilan really a phenomenal job. That boy is sexy on the bass!!!!

I just want to give a shout out to the late 40s/early 50s suburban lady next to me who was going bananas during the SG set. She rocked and put my SG fanaticism to shame. Also, I want to give a shout out to the two nice men who sat next to me. One gave me a spoonful of his brownie ice cream sundae. That was heaven in my mouth! I wish I had met up with some fellow ETSers; that would have been nice. Also, there was a bevy of good looking dudes in the crowd!

Edit: The presale people had my ticket under my old married name. I haven't used that name in years and have no idea how that happened. Presale Irvine had my correct name but Hollywood didn't. I nearly had a heart attack because I didn't have my confirmation email stored on my phone. Luckily, I spotted my name on the presale list and explained to the lady that it was my old last name that was listed. I confirmed with my address and she gave me my ticket.
    Last edited by Charmingly Miserable; 08-26-2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Near ticket terror