Thread: 2014.08.22 - Irvine, CA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    Where do you park to escape the hell hole that is the Irvine parking lot? Obviously not the back, where the morons bring 4 lanes of traffic down to one lane for exiting. I always take the 5 back (though there was some construction on it).
    the irvine spectrum

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    the irvine spectrum

Thanks! I'm an idiot. I usually stop there first because I try to get to Irvine early. I hate driving in stop and go traffic. I'd never considered leaving my car there.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 08-26-2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: I can't spell

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    Thanks! I'm an idiot. I usually stop there first because I try to get to Irvine early. I hate driving in stop and go traffic. I'd never considered leaving my car there.
    I used to work at the spectrum and it's pretty common. It's like a 20-30 minute walk, which is waaaaaaaaaay better than dealing with the parking lot at Verizon. As a bonus you can post-party at the spectrum (if you like post partying with OC douchebags)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I used to work at the spectrum and it's pretty common. It's like a 20-30 minute walk, which is waaaaaaaaaay better than dealing with the parking lot at Verizon. As a bonus you can post-party at the spectrum (if you like post partying with OC douchebags)
    Yep. I can handle the 20-30 minute walk, especially if it means my chance to exit the parking lot doesn't depend upon my ability to cut people off... I mean merge. I'm of the opinion "anywhere but Irvine" if a group is playing more than one show in the LA area, but I came to Irvine because I first saw NIN here, so I have some nostalgia.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just turn right onto Irvine Spectrum, right again on Bake Parkway, then right on Lake Forest, and onto the 133 North to either the 405 or 5. Never had issues with traffic getting onto the freeway.