Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    U.S. Department of Justice launching full investigation of Chicago Police Department.

The USDOJ will investigate whether the CPD "has engaged in a pattern or practice of violations of the Constitution or federal law," [U.S. Attorney General Loretta] Lynch said. "Specifically, we will examine a number of issues related to the Chicago Police Department's use the force, including its use of deadly force, racial, ethnic and other disparities in the use of force, and its accountability mechanisms."

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Well, that should be a pretty short investigation.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Crowd sourcing the funding for journalist lawsuits in the name of police transparency (ex: the release of the Laquan McDonald video)
    https://freedom.press/bundle/transparency-police-fund
    awesome

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    and did you guys catch this one?

The Chicago police killed two people when responding to a domestic disturbance, one "accidentally."

and it looks to me like they PROBABLY shouldn't have been shooting at anybody...Jesus fucking Christ, what is it gonna take?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

The Chicago police killed two people when responding to a domestic disturbance, one "accidentally."

and it looks to me like they PROBABLY shouldn't have been shooting at anybody...Jesus fucking Christ, what is it gonna take?
    Hear briefly about it over the weekend.
    Has the training of cops changed over the past years? It really looks like they are trained to shoot first and deal with the consequences after.
    What happened to defusing the situation?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    https://www.rt.com/usa/328992-chicag...chatman-video/

Another police murder caught on camera. This one is from 2013. A federal judge (Robert Gettleman) ordered the release of this video. The blue wall and their evil shitty lawyers? Well, you already know they tried (three successful times) to keep this out of the public eye.

I am certain it's ALWAYS been this way but with the technology easily available to the public now as well as lazy hiring/monitoring of police, they're getting caught more and more now. Can't sweep these things under the rug quite so easily anymore. Will there be any consequences? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-14-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    https://www.rt.com/usa/328992-chicag...chatman-video/

Another police murder caught on camera. This one is from 2013. A federal judge (Robert Gettleman) ordered the release of this video. The blue wall and their evil shitty lawyers? Well, you already know they tried (three successful times) to keep this out of the public eye.

I am certain it's ALWAYS been this way but with the technology easily available to the public now as well as lazy hiring/monitoring of police, they're getting caught more and more now. Can't sweep these things under the rug quite so easily anymore. Will there be any consequences? I doubt it.
    And this shit's been happening in Chicago for 40+ years, and they're trying to get the Mayor to step down over it like it's totally his fault, when we've been through, what, 6 police Superintendents in the last 10 years? I've lost count.

Meanwhile, that piece of shit torturing pig cop Burge calls the reparation fund stupid because it rewards "human vermin." Which is how these cops consider black citizens.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    This guy was killed after running into the lobby of the Dallas County Jail panicked that someone was trying to kill him

"restrained" in the article is code for "choked to death with knee while on ground in handcuffs."

I am disgusted by the dallas media nearly ignoring this story. I am also disgusted with the city for keeping this video under wraps until protesters demanded it.
    Worse still, even AFTER the video was released, the media hasn't shown any outrage and has continued to insinuate that the deputies had nothing to do with his death. Which reminds me, the police dept kept the man's fucking NECK, probably because it shows evidence of his cause of death.

Although i no longer live in D town, i will probably always consider myself a dallasite, and sadly, this is business as usual.
    Living in dallas, i witnessed a LOT of police brutality, both on the streets and from SD's in jail. I was even personally on the receiving end of it on multiple occasions.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Hear briefly about it over the weekend.
    Has the training of cops changed over the past years? It really looks like they are trained to shoot first and deal with the consequences after.
    What happened to defusing the situation?
    Exactly. They never defuse, they aren't trained to defuse; they just reflexively shoot and always know that "my life was in danger" is their blanket excuse. The kid they shot was most likely having a mental breakdown and cops (obviously) aren't trained to handle that; they only "shoot first, ask questions later."

The adoptive father of the kid (the kid was an honor college engineering student and "whiz kid") called the police FOR HELP, not for the police to KILL the kid.

Oddly enough, 911 dispatchers received a call 30 seconds before the dad's call that they believe was FROM THE KID, saying he felt his life was in danger, and he identified himself only as "Q." (I immediately thought Star Trek.)

Lesson to that community is, obviously: When and if you need help, don't fucking call 911 or the police.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-16-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

Lesson to that community is, obviously: When and if you need help, don't fucking call 911 or the police.
    Right. And it's so awful!
    Don't call the cops if someone is beating you, because THEY just might fucking KILL you.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Holy fucking shit. Police officer on the side of the road spraying bikers with mace as they drive by.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Thats really stupid and dangerous... BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more that happened before the video. Probably some altercation between at least one of the bikers and the cop. The video makes it look like some dipshit kid just throwing shit over a bridge and seeing what cars he can hit. Which he very well may have been doing....

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Thats really stupid and dangerous... BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more that happened before the video. Probably some altercation between at least one of the bikers and the cop. The video makes it look like some dipshit kid just throwing shit over a bridge and seeing what cars he can hit. Which he very well may have been doing....
    I mean, even if bikers were shooting at him as they were driving by you don't mace bikes going 45-50mph on the highway, people could be killed.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    White police officer assaulting white people doing white things on the road, guess ETS has no interest.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Well that didn't last long. Feds asset forfeiture program is getting resumed.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...9929&tid=ss_tw

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    White police officer assaulting white people doing white things on the road, guess ETS has no interest.
    I'm not a fan of either (cops and bikers), which I think has been well established.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    "Innocent Bikers" = an oxymoron in Texas

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tony, I personalyl don't think the lack of conversation around that video is indicative of anything other than the fact that there isn't much backstory or explanation. I didn't feel much of a reaction beyond the initial "wow, that looks pretty fucked up" because I didn't understand what else was going on.

I'm sure that the cop in the video was being a monstrous fucking asshole, but beyond that, I don't know what else to say about it. Even if there were a "justified reason" for him to be trying to pepper spray the bikers, it's idiotic to be spraying people while they're driving down the fucking freeway. But still, there's not much else to the story. The lack of reaction on the board necessarily an indication of racial bias, but simply the reality of not having much else to think about beyond the video itself.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @Swykk will be proud of me for this.
    So a buddy of mine alerts me to this police officers comment she made about how black people should "go back to Africa" on Facebook. She is wearing her police uniform in her profile picture, additionally she lists what police department she works at in her about me section of her profile. I message said police department asking if she is one of their officers with the screenshot included.

Neither by buddy nor I ever messaged her or made any comments on any of her status' alerting her of the fact that there was any issue we had of that post.

About 20 minutes after the police department's Facebook page showed the message as read her Facebook page was taken down.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    It's extra funny because there's literally a thin blue line at the top of the screencap.

XD

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Warning, this video is very graphic. It's longer than what the news is showing, with some stations stopping at the gunshot, but i think it needs to be seen.

I have to say that this is the worst fucking police shooting i've seen so far, being even worse than the one that inspired Fruitvale Station.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-06-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And another shooting. Warning, Graphic

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    And, he has died. This is some of the most surreal shit I have ever seen.

What in the fuck?

The restraint that she demonstrates is absolutely remarkable.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    What the FUCK is going on in the last 24 hours?!?!?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    The restraint that she demonstrates is absolutely remarkable.
    She was probably in shock.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tell us what happened officer Brady.
    "Well I told him to show me his license."
    Ok, then what
    "Then I shot him."
    Why did you shoot him?
    "Because he reached for something"