Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: NIN Soundgarden Tour Merchandise thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Is "Pics or it didn't happen" still a thing people say on forums?
    http://instagram.com/p/vw8rayhFWY/

http://instagram.com/p/vw8vFLhFW3/

http://instagram.com/p/vw-Ad_hFQm/

He was super awesome and friendly. I asked him how he got the job for NIN, and said Trent called him up and essentially said the same thing some of us have said -- NIN shirts had been stagnant for a while, and they were looking for new designs. Apparently they contacted a few different artists. Sean had been a NIN fan all his life and immediately submitted a bunch of designs, and he said he did them all for free and was very excited by what they chose. My friend and I were actually shooting for a mini-documentary at the time, but I didn't expect him to give such a detailed answer and we completely missed our chance to film it. D'oh.

I love my new tat, and it wouldn't have happened without those t-shirts. Thanks, NIN!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The seanfromtexas shirts piss all over those monstrosities they were selling on Tension. Methinks that those who hate on those ones a lot are not really "in" on what's in style right now.
    If grafting an elephant scrotum to my forehead was in style, still wouldn't do it. Fashion is stupid and the shirt are hideous

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I wanted to wear the vagina saw shirt for all of you today, but it must be at the laundry.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The seanfromtexas shirts piss all over those monstrosities they were selling on Tension. Methinks that those who hate on those ones a lot are not really "in" on what's in style right now.
    they're unique, abrasive, and memorable -- isn't that what we liked about NIN in the first place?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    they're unique, abrasive, and memorable -- isn't that what we liked about NIN in the first place?
    No, I like NIN because it's good. Unlike the shirts.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I wanted to wear the vagina saw shirt for all of you today, but it must be at the laundry.
    I wore mine to Gaga last month and it got compliments. Winning.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/vw-Ad_hFQm/

He was super awesome and friendly. I asked him how he got the job for NIN, and said Trent called him up and essentially said the same thing some of us have said -- NIN shirts had been stagnant for a while, and they were looking for new designs. Apparently they contacted a few different artists. Sean had been a NIN fan all his life and immediately submitted a bunch of designs, and he said he did them all for free and was very excited by what they chose. My friend and I were actually shooting for a mini-documentary at the time, but I didn't expect him to give such a detailed answer and we completely missed our chance to film it. D'oh.

I love my new tat, and it wouldn't have happened without those t-shirts. Thanks, NIN!
    Great story (except for the not filming it part), amazing tattoo. #Winning

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Oh, HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I WORE TO WORK TODAY*!

*I forgot to take a photograph today, so this is from a previously recorded event... Also, I was making a dumb face because my glasses are broken and I am sad. ​BUT MY SHIRT IS AWESOME!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Oh, HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I WORE TO WORK TODAY*!

*I forgot to take a photograph today, so this is from a previously recorded event... Also, I was making a dumb face because my glasses are broken and I am sad. ​BUT MY SHIRT IS AWESOME!
    I'm confused by this decision

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    That does work actually, thanks to the contrast with your glasses.

(Also the fact that you can't see most of the shirt at that angle.)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I WILL TAKE A BETTER PICTURE SOON

I like to look awesome, Tony.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I WILL TAKE A BETTER PICTURE SOON

I like to look awesome, Tony.
    but you wore that shirt at work.
    what if someone was offended?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I am basically forever alone at work 98% of the time. Plus, my boss lets me do whatever I want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    did anyone buy the metal keychain from last tour??? I want one on the site, but shipping cost more than the damn keychain. I want to make sure it is decent quality.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My friend gave me one. It's nice, and relatively heavy. But I've heard it can bend too easily (I never tested it).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_zombie View Post
    did anyone buy the metal keychain from last tour??? I want one on the site, but shipping cost more than the damn keychain. I want to make sure it is decent quality.
    I picked it up at one of the August shows. After four months, this is what it looks like:
    http://bit.ly/1x2mG5j

So you can see one side is slightly scuffed up (the other side looks perfectly fine) due to rubbing up against keys in my pocket, but I don't mind. It's not like I'm constantly looking at it, plus it makes it look cooler IMO.

I guess it does bend somewhat easily, but only if you're actually trying. Unless you are intentionally trying to break it in half or something, I don't really see it as a big issue.

I'd recommend picking it up, unless you are looking for a really top-of-line metal, unbreakable, permanently-shiny keychain. I like mine a lot!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Figured I would share this here. I just got my copper Red Rocks poster back from the framer; so I haven't hung it yet, but I have entered full NIN geek mode.

Even though some of the tickets could've gone with their respective posters (Tinley Park/Detroit and Texas tickets are in there), I decided that the 7 shows = 7 tickets = |\| | |/| happenstance was too cool to pass up and I put them all into Red Rocks.

Hard to read at the bottom, but it's #3 of 15

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Noyce. I still have to get my Houston and Tokyo posters framed.

Thankfully I just bought a presentation holder for all my other 100 lithos/posters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
    Does anyone have an XL of this shirt available?

http://i.imgur.com/64pHmLh.jpg?1

I didn't get one at the Camden show and wasn't able to go to the next show I had tickets for and wasn't able to get it then when I had planned. Would be greatly appreciated!
    Unfortunately, I'm still looking for this shirt. If anyone is willing to sell it or trade for the NIN3D shirt, email me: tericsmith1993@gmail.com

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm still looking for this shirt. If anyone is willing to sell it or trade for the NIN3D shirt, email me: tericsmith1993@gmail.com
    It's in the NIN store

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yo! I'd buy the 3D shirt!