Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Criterion Collection

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    JANUARY

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Black Girl and Fox and His Friend are films I totally want to see.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It will be incredibly lame and stupid if Filmstruck doesn't have a PS3 app, and yet I haven't seen any indication that they're working on any.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The launch of FilmStruck is now delayed until November.

Hello film fans:

We want to share some news that the launch of FilmStruck is delayed until November as we work to complete a seamless and easy registration process for subscribers.

Just like the final stages of completing a film, this additional time will allow us to put the finishing touches on FilmStruck in order to bring you a premium service with beautifully curated content and the largest streaming library of world-renowned arthouse, indie, cult and foreign films. Rest assured, we're working hard to bring you the high-quality streaming movie service you've been waiting for.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    oh man, I bet I could come up with a smooth and seemless registration process:
    Username
    Password
    Billing Info
    the end.

I also love the preposterous pretentious and patronizing phrase "just like the final stages of completING a film.."

ok, your streaming service is delayed. write a poem about it

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Bought the new Boyhood release and I'm very excited to dive in soon. Love this film.

Anyone else pick it up?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm picking my DVDs next month for the Barnes & Noble 50% Criterion sale as some of it will be for Xmas and the rest is for my B-day in December.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Filmstruck is up and running. The website anyway.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "No plans for PS3 yet, but we'll send that feedback along to our digital team certainly. Thanks for reaching out!"
    Kind of disappointed, especially considering how many people still use the PS3 for bluray, netflix and hulu

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Bought the new Boyhood release and I'm very excited to dive in soon. Love this film.

Anyone else pick it up?
    Grabbed it on the last 50% sale. Haven't had a chance to get into it yet but I will before the year is out, I'm sure.

Also grabbed the del Toro box set because hey, 50% off.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Currently on FilmStruck, Mulholland Drive is featured, with all it's video supplements.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    apparently there's a criterion version of Stalker on filmstruck

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I grabbed The Player and Moonrise Kingdom blu rays today.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Welp, Criterion got yanked from Hulu. I knew it was today, but I figured they'd do it later in the day, so I'd watch some Yasujiro Ozu films I'd never seen before in the mean time. Got 3 down, but apparently they just got removed at like 2:00pm est. What kind of garbage is that?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Ugh, I knew this was going to happen. I should have gone though my queue before then.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    February

Along with the aforementioned The Tree of Wooden Clogs. And without artwork yet, Richard Linklater's Before Trilogy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Mildred Pierce and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown are films I totally recommend as well as The Before Trilogy. The Tree of Wooden Clogs is something I hope to see real soon while I'm interested in Cameraperson.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This came out a few months ago but thought it worth sharing. The process of film restoration, especially in this high-tech age, is utterly fascinating to me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The creepy kid from Squid and the Whale, all grown up.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I like it!!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Eh, I like the cover for the box set. The other three look like paperback covers.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Cancelled Hulu; so damn disappointed.

I would love to try FilmStruck + Criterion Channel but I can't seem to find it on the Amazon FireStick. It shows up on my father's Fire, but searching for FilmStruck as one or two words yields no results (on the Stick). I realize I could sign up on the computer, phone, etc., but that's not the issue.

Has anyone signed up for the free 14-day trial yet, and what do you think?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Coming to Criterion in March:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Go an Amazon Fire TV box for Christmas. I got Filmstruck and watched Blood Simple. Throughout I heard what I'd call digital noise (Trent would maybe call them samples), these little farts throughout the movie (at a lower level once I changed the sound output from surround to stereo). Anyone else hearing them?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Go an Amazon Fire TV box for Christmas. I got Filmstruck and watched Blood Simple. Throughout I heard what I'd call digital noise (Trent would maybe call them samples), these little farts throughout the movie (at a lower level once I changed the sound output from surround to stereo). Anyone else hearing them?
    It may be your internet connection/speed not being able to handle streaming 5.1. Especially if you have a lot devices using the same wifi router. I've had similar issues with Netflix, but goes away when I switch from 5.1 to stereo. Probably cuz stereo has less information being transmitted compared to 5.1 surround sound. I also notice audio tends to get louder and lower and loud again throughout when I'm streaming video with 5.1 sound on a stereo TV. So I tend to keep it on stereo options whenever possible and it sounds perfect. Sadly, it doesn't seem Amazon Video has that option with their TV app and I'm always having audio problems with their app. I live on Long Island and have Optimum, hate it. We had FIOS when we lived further west on LI and we loved it. No issues and the service and quality was just loads better. Sadly, where we live now, FIOS isn't out this way yet.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-31-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think one of the 2017 releases will be Ghost World. Please, let there be some new interview with Scarlett for the edition. Just to have one of Scarlett's movies on Criterion will be a joy to have. I also think I see Sixteen Candles. John Hughes coming to Criterion?
    Last edited by thevoid99; 12-31-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hope that's a Jeanne Dielman, 23 Commerce Quay, 1080 Brussels clue.

Also, someone at Criterion has said Sixteen Candles would be a dream release for them.