Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Is it odd I don't really consider Jaws a TRUE HORROR film. So hard to classify it though.
    If I were to classify it as anything, I'd say its a comedy. A highly sophisticated and subtle comedy, but certainly a comedy, possibly one of the greatest ever made. First half a satire of American life in the 70s of a culture, a culture that was trying to flee from the horrors of the Vietnam War it experienced just years before and live in denial; and the second half a violent, disturbing parody of z-grade monster flicks and Hollywood machismo and dick-waving.
    Last edited by nobies; 08-03-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    If I were to classify it as anything, I'd say its a comedy. A highly sophisticated and subtle comedy, but certainly a comedy, possibly one of the greatest ever made. First half a satire of American life in the 70s of a culture, a culture that was trying to flee from the horrors of the Vietnam War it experienced just years before and live in denial; and the second half a violent, disturbing parody of z-grade monster flicks and Hollywood machismo and dick-waving.
    LOL dat dick waving edit tho.