Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 2272

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm up for a new Blair Witch movie, i always thought it was a franchise with lots of potential

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The trailer of Blair Witch has me worried (for a lot of reasons I'll keep to myself because I don't want to be a Negative Nancy) and I went to read about the original movie. I stumbled upon this little movie that's being presented a "spin off" THWP called Doc. 33. I haven't watched it yet so I cannot say if it's good or bad but I thought it might also interest some of you.

It's in Italian with English subtitles and it's only a little over an hour long. And you can watch it in its entirety for free on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi3670451737/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm up for a new Blair Witch movie, i always thought it was a franchise with lots of potential
    Same here. I always thought the original movie had a great mythology behind it that was begging to be explored.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Same here. I always thought the original movie had a great mythology behind it that was begging to be explored.
    I'm bummed now because they shot this entire movie about 30 minutes from my place and I even had a friend working on the set who invited me to come out to hang out and watch filming......annnnnd I declined lol. I thought it was just a lower budget film ("The Woods") and they shoot like 203 things in Vancouver every week haha. Dammit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The "Blair Witch Chronicles" comic books exploited a bit of the mythos and were a neat idea but there were only 4 issues and the series were shelved when "Book of Shadows" bombed.
    The "Blair Witch Project: A Dossier" was also a great book that expands the stories and gives more depth to the original movie, every Blair Witch fan should check it out!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Blair Witch Project games seem fairly interesting, though I've heard the first game is also a sequel to the game Nocturne?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Holy shit they're making a new Blair Witch?
    Full disclosure, I saw the first one high on weed and it scared the crap out of me.
    So when the second one came out, me and my buddy decided to do shrooms. It made what was supposed to be a shitty sequel into a terrifying experience.

Now I'm just too old for this shit but I will definitely enjoy this new installment nonetheless.
    i saw the first one in an art theater and it scared the fuck out of me. I took a bottle of whiskey and a pretty girl to the second one and it's a wonderful memory.

I'm totally down for a third one. In dallas i used to write that blair witch symbol and ELEVEN and an upside down cross, doing graffiti. I probably drew that symbol 500 times on public property lolololool.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So @Deepvoid and everyone, The Invitation on netflix is decent.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So @Deepvoid and everyone, The Invitation on netflix is decent.
    Yeah. I posted about it a while back. I liked it. It was weird creepy little movie.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    so i never watched rosemary's baby before last night, and jesus fuck, all that hail satan was a trip.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    so i never watched rosemary's baby before last night, and jesus fuck, all that hail satan was a trip.
    My mother saw that movie when it came out and it scared the shit out of her. She never wanted to see it again. Unless I decide to buy the Criterion DVD in the next Barnes & Noble sale in November. *cackle*

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    sooooo ... august underground. anyone else see that smut? i resent even italicising the title.

and there's sequels? shock horror has its place (salo, cannibal holocaust, etc), but this? just garbage. human depravity at its absolute lowest.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    ^Never heard of it. It has a 3.8 on IMDB. That was your first hint.

I watched Inferno last night. Good movie. Suspiria was better. Guess I need to watch Mother of Tears to complete the trilogy.

Also saw The Blackcoat's Daughters, which is a slow paced thriller wrongfully classified as horror. A rare instance of imdb score being way below metacritic score. It was definitely not that great. Did seem to have a point.
    @elevenism check out Before I Wake. I really liked it. I think you will too.

I downloaded a bunch 70s horror movies. Nosferatu The Vampire, Eraserhead, Don't Look Now and Phantasm.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Is the latest Evil Dead worth watching and does it tie into the tv show Ash Vs. The Evil Dead?
    I bought it on Blu-ray but I haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for the AVED blu ray to come out and watch the movie before I watch the series.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Is the latest Evil Dead worth watching and does it tie into the tv show Ash Vs. The Evil Dead?
    I bought it on Blu-ray but I haven't watched it yet since I'm waiting for the AVED blu ray to come out and watch the movie before I watch the series.
    It has nothing to do with the TV show. Well I mean besides the necronomicon and Ash but the story itself is just a remake of the original. As far as I'm concerned, I thought it was fucking awesome. It is the true definition of a horror movie. Scary, dark, terrifying soundtrack and gory as hell. One of the few movies I've rated 9/10.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It has nothing to do with the TV show. Well I mean besides the necronomicon and Ash but the story itself is just a remake of the original.
    It's worth noting that there has been talk of doing a crossover between the remake and the original.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    It's worth noting that there has been talk of doing a crossover between the remake and the original.
    I'm down with that. Anything Evil Dead related I'm cool with. I was worried about the tv show at first and it turned out great.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I just recently read that at the San Diego Comic Con they mentioned that they finally got the rights to Army of Darkness.
    In season 2 of AVED they are going to reference AOD and that their plan is to make a movie after 5 seasons.
    The movie will most likely include both Ash and Mia!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ^Never heard of it. It has a 3.8 on IMDB. That was your first hint.
    i've never checked imdb before watching a movie. it was sent to me, i dredged through the whole thing and hated myself for it. i doubt imdb wouldve stopped me, but oh well. guess i can be glad no one here has heard of it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    i've never checked imdb before watching a movie. it was sent to me, i dredged through the whole thing and hated myself for it. i doubt imdb wouldve stopped me, but oh well. guess i can be glad no one here has heard of it.
    I would generally agree that IMDB isn't reliable with horror titles. However, I tend to skip the ones under 4. You'd have to be really lucky to find a gem within those low rated titles.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , i fucking ADORED Before I Wake.
    Thank you. I never made the directorial connection between Absentia and Occulus. Flanagan is bad ass.

SO: i am in the mood for some creepily done documentaries.
    I don't mind the facts being a LITTLE flimsy,as long as we aren't talking full on mockumentary/found footage territory.
    The Nightmare is a great example of what i have in mind, and damn, i'd LOVE to see something like that based on the ranch that inspired the Skinwalkers aka Skinwalker Ranch flick.

Does anyone have any good ideas for good ole elevenoe?

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Oh my dear god, sorry for double post, but if you are referring to the 2013 remake, it was JUST ABOUT as good as it gets in terms of general, all around horror movies.
    I honestly don't know how to describe it...it is like the og, but it's UNBELIEVABLY fucking disturbing and unsettling. And i'm not talking about gore, i'm talking sheer fucking, what-the-fuck-did-we-just-watch TERROR. It was INSANELY intense and shocked the shit out of the 3 seasoned horror fans in my household.
    It's like excorcist level, but for a good long while instead of a few scenes.
    I cant recommend that shit enuff, honestly

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , i fucking ADORED Before I Wake.
    Thank you. I never made the directorial connection between Absentia and Occulus. Flanagan is bad ass.

SO: i am in the mood for some creepily done documentaries.
    I don't mind the facts being a LITTLE flimsy,as long as we aren't talking full on mockumentary/found footage territory.
    The Nightmare is a great example of what i have in mind, and damn, i'd LOVE to see something like that based on the ranch that inspired the Skinwalkers aka Skinwalker Ranch flick.

Does anyone have any good ideas for good ole elevenoe?
    You've probably seen Cropsey?

Here's a documentary I found on youtube regarding the Skinwalker Ranch.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I cant recommend that shit enuff, honestly
    You just have to forget that it has anything to do with Evil Dead at all. Its like Evil Dead acting all super duper serious all of a sudden. Which works, I agree, as a standalone horror movie. If you watch it hoping that it connects with the rest of the ED universe in terms of tone and direction, it really doesn't.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    You just have to forget that it has anything to do with Evil Dead at all. Its like Evil Dead acting all super duper serious all of a sudden. Which works, I agree, as a standalone horror movie. If you watch it hoping that it connects with the rest of the ED universe in terms of tone and direction, it really doesn't.
    This is true.
    But it is one of the scariest horror flicks i've ever seen.
    and thanks for the link @Deepvoid

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    hey @Deepvoid . I fucking adored Before I Wake.
    Thank you for the tip. I think you understand my tastes perfectly.
    So what else is new and good. Anything?

Also, this.
    I'm a sucker for those possessed/dead people making weird sounds and appearing out of nowhere like the one you see in the previews.
    I get that it appears like your typical horror movie with jump scares.
    So much win. I LOVE that shit too.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-13-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    hey @Deepvoid . I fucking adored Before I Wake.
    Thank you for the tip. I think you understand my tastes perfectly.
    So what else is new and good. Anything?

Also, this.

So much win. I LOVE that shit too.
    A friend of mine went to see Lights Out. Apparently it's very good.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    A friend of mine went to see Lights Out. Apparently it's very good.
    yeeaaahhhh...but remember, i live ninety miles from the closest theater these days.

Conjuring 2 will be available in sept at least.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Baskin is worth checking out. I believe it's on the American Netflix now.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm thinking of watching Session 9 and Raising Cain. Can anyone comment on these flicks?