Page 31 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Some of my favorites:
    Event Horizon (Saw this on VHS when I was a kid. Such a great movie. )
    Seven (One of my all tie favorites)
    Session 9 (Creepy as fuck, but you have to have patience)
    Antichrist (Just plain creepy on a whole other level)
    Funny Games (Crazy, weird, and way out of left field)
    Lords of Salem (The fact that it involves records is pretty awesome, and its by Zombie, so you cant really loose)
    The Purge

Hate:
    Blair with project (Sorry, but its under produced garbage)
    Paranormal Activity

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I saw Cherry Falls for the first time. Good slasher movie. I'm sure I'm late to the party on this one.

My current horror watchlist is running empty. I need new releases.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Looks passable but it stars Radha Mitchell and I have a girl crush on her so I'm going to see it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I was able to find a few titles I hadn't seen before.

Intruders: This one is a few years old. Not sure why it slipped through the cracks of my watchlist. Anyways, I liked it. Clive Owen was alright. Story was decent. Some suspenseful moments. 6/10
    Into The Grizzly Maze: I don't know if it's me but what's with all the bear movies? I saw 3 different "bear horror" movies over the past few months. This one had a bunch of C-list actors who did the best they could with the script. 4/10

Next on the watchlist: Animal, Black Mountain Side

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I was able to find a few titles I hadn't seen before.

Intruders: This one is a few years old. Not sure why it slipped through the cracks of my watchlist. Anyways, I liked it. Clive Owen was alright. Story was decent. Some suspenseful moments. 6/10
    Into The Grizzly Maze: I don't know if it's me but what's with all the bear movies? I saw 3 different "bear horror" movies over the past few months. This one had a bunch of C-list actors who did the best they could with the script. 4/10

Next on the watchlist: Animal, Black Mountain Side
    LOL, Intruders is the perfect example of a good bad b-movie. The villain was so utterly atrocious and lacked any real sense of terror. Spoiler: He looked like a typical 1980's mustache dad. Sure, he was upset the store was closing but why would he immediately snap to homicide and serial killing as a means to keep the grocery store open? I mean, he couldn't have been a psychopath as he never (to my knowledge) exhibited mental instability prior to the reveal and I assume the backstory/history before the film. Either way, the line "I'm just crazy about this store." is the epitome of bad pun cheese and it's so stupidly awesome for the film haha. The gore and killings were brutal. The entire kill scene with the one guy (forget his name) with the meat slicer cutting straight through his face, nose and cheeks was absolutely disgusting haha.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    LOL, Intruders is the perfect example of a good bad b-movie. The villain was so utterly atrocious and lacked any real sense of terror. Spoiler: He looked like a typical 1980's mustache dad. Sure, he was upset the store was closing but why would he immediately snap to homicide and serial killing as a means to keep the grocery store open? I mean, he couldn't have been a psychopath as he never (to my knowledge) exhibited mental instability prior to the reveal and I assume the backstory/history before the film. Either way, the line "I'm just crazy about this store." is the epitome of bad pun cheese and it's so stupidly awesome for the film haha. The gore and killings were brutal. The entire kill scene with the one guy (forget his name) with the meat slicer cutting straight through his face, nose and cheeks was absolutely disgusting haha.
    Haha! I was reading the spoiler you wrote and I was like, "what the hell did I watch. That doesn't sound like the movie I saw". Only the realize that you are talking about the 2015 Intruders, while I was referring to the 2011 movie of the same name.

But now I want to see the movie you were talking about so thank you!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Haha! I was reading the spoiler you wrote and I was like, "what the hell did I watch. That doesn't sound like the movie I saw". Only the realize that you are talking about the 2015 Intruders, while I was referring to the 2011 movie of the same name.

But now I want to see the movie you were talking about so thank you!
    Actually I'm talking about the 1989 slasher flick. It's called Intruder, not Intruders. I'm at fault. My mistake.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Actually I'm talking about the 1989 slasher flick. It's called Intruder, not Intruders. I'm at fault. My mistake.
    No worries! Now I have two Intruder(s) I need to watch.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Some of my favorites:
    The Purge

Hate:
    Blair with project (Sorry, but its under produced garbage)
    Paranormal Activity
    lolwut? the purge had a great premise, but ultimately was weak and poorly made. frankly, it fucking sucked. yet you hate the blair witch project and the first paranormal activity? maybe you just don't like pov flicks. or maybe it's a generational thing, as you mentioned watching event horizon (on, omg, vhs) as a kid.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    If I could just hijack this thread for a moment. I'm making a short film (10-15 minutes in length) and I'm wondering if any of you slasher/horror film fans know of any films from these genres that feature murders with hammers.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    lolwut? the purge had a great premise, but ultimately was weak and poorly made. frankly, it fucking sucked. yet you hate the blair witch project and the first paranormal activity? maybe you just don't like pov flicks. or maybe it's a generational thing, as you mentioned watching event horizon (on, omg, vhs) as a kid.

You're about 3 years older than me, not exactly a different generation.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I sacrificed myself and reviewed a bunch of unknowns titles. This goes out to you @elevenism since I know you're always looking for new horror movies to watch.

Black Mountain Side: A bunch of scientists discover a buried structure in some remote Canadian mountains and a bunch of shit starts happening not long after. Considering it has less than 400 votes on IMBD, I thought it was a nice surprise. It's not great by all means but it was good. Definitely not classic horror but more of a thriller/horror? Anyways, worth a 6/10 for me.

Kristy: Some college chick decides to spend Thanksgiving alone on campus and shit starts happening. This one is in the line of Vacancy, The Den etc.. Chick is hot. Suspense is there. Another solid 6/10.

Circle: 50 people forming a giant circle are trapped somewhere when shit hits the fan (quite rapidly I must say). This one ends up with a 5/10. While it starts off with a bang and I was like "alright this is going to be good", it gets redundant quite fast. I don't want to give too much away but let's just say when I thought I had hit the 1-hour mark, I was only in fact 35 minutes in. This would have been an AMAZING short movie if they had involved less people although I'm not sure if it would have worked with less people. Anyways, 5/10.

Blood Diner: I think this one doesn't need an introduction. Really liked the over the top horror/comedy but I get bored pretty fast with those movies. 6/10.

Finally, The Conjuring 2 has a full trailer!

Last edited by Deepvoid; 03-30-2016 at 09:29 PM. Reason: I should fucking proof read myself

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Hey @elevenism !
    Check out Southbound if you haven't yet.
    5 interlocked stories. Great anthology movie. I think you're gonna like it.
    Stories aren't equally strong but I'd say 4 out of the 5 are quite solid.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey @elevenism!
    Check out Southbound if you haven't yet.
    5 interlocked stories. Great anthology movie. I think you're gonna like it.
    Stories aren't equally strong but I'd say 4 out of the 5 are quite solid.
    fuck yeah! thank you brother

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just watched The Invitation and it is great! Bret Easton Ellis didnt kid around when he said that its the best movie in 2016. I highly recommend it.

Southbound is on my list, but before that I will watch Holidays - another anthology movie from 7 directors including Kevin Smith.

There is a copy of The Witch, but it is still hardcopied, so I will wait on this one. The trailer looked terrific!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decadent View Post
    Just watched The Invitation and it is great! Bret Easton Ellis didnt kid around when he said that its the best movie in 2016. I highly recommend it.
    I second that!

Saw The Invitation this weekend and loved it. I really liked that the movie always makes you uncomfortable. You never know what to expect. The dialogue is brilliant in the way its deliver to create awkwardness or uneasiness.
    The ending was awesome. The acting was great. Really nice surprise there. However, it's definitely more "thriller" than horror. It reminded me of Coherence a bit. Solid 7.5/10. Had to settle for 7/10 on IMBD. My criteria for 8+ is replay value which this movie doesn't have imo.

I also watched Krampus. It's pretty much this decade's Gremlins-style movie. Good mix of horror/comedy. Not as good as Trick R' Treat though. Could have been a bit more "horrorish". 7/10.

Finally, I saw The Forest. Very disappointed. The Aokigahara Forest is a great subject for a movie. It could have been so much more though. The jump scares were ineffective. The ending was alright but could not save the movie from being forgettable. 5/10

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @elevenism The Boy has made its way on those youknowwhat sites.

I'm gonna try to watch it this weekend.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @elevenism The Boy has made its way on those youknowwhat sites.

I'm gonna try to watch it this weekend.
    funny, i got hold of it awhile ago, like 8-10 days ago. there was some debate about the quality of the copy, with it being split between 10/10 and 2/2 for some reason i still don't understand, but i took the plunge and it was perfect.
    also a damn fine copy of the witch, but with kaniji hardcoded.
    i thought you know, sorry
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-28-2016 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Okay so i got hold of this movie called Backtrack.

It's another one of those not bad/not good numbers we have been sustaining ourselves with.

But this one has Adrien Brody in it, and he actually gives a fantastic performance. I have to wonder if he lost a bet :P
    It also has Sam Neill in it, with a beard and a widening face.

It's kinda like a half-price Sixth Sense and you might as well watch it @Deepvoid and everyone

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    It's another one of those not bad/not good numbers we have been sustaining ourselves with.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I'll given this one a try.

Watched Stung last night... giant killer wasps. Enough said.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I'll given this one a try.

Watched Stung last night... giant killer wasps. Enough said.
    the main cool thing about Backtrack is Adrien Brody and Sam Neill.
    Maybe it's an Aussie thing, idk.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Ugh... I'm watching The Witch right now. 30 minutes left and spent half the time watching Youtube videos. I'm probably gonna fast forward to the end right now. 4/10
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 05-07-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Ugh... I'm watching The Witch right now. 30 minutes left and spent half the time watching Youtube videos. I'm probably gonna fast forward to the end right now. 4/10
    I loved it, but holy shit did they market it wrong. They made it sound like it was The Conjuring set in the 19th century...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New found footage teaser.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    It's Friday the 13th! As a personal tradition, I make it an obligation to have a double feature horror night. @elevenism Have you seen a copy of The Hallow around? Seems like this one was released forever ago.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I watched Hush on Netflix last night. I loved Oculus, Mike Flanagan's previous movie, and I have to say this one was amazing as well! He's definitely a writer/director to keep an eye on!
    Highly recommended.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I watched Hush on Netflix last night. I loved Oculus, Mike Flanagan's previous movie, and I have to say this one was amazing as well! He's definitely a writer/director to keep an eye on!
    Highly recommended.

Hush was good. Have you seen Absentia? Also another good one from Flanagan.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    It's Friday the 13th! As a personal tradition, I make it an obligation to have a double feature horror night. @elevenism Have you seen a copy of The Hallow around? Seems like this one was released forever ago.
    i have it but it may be gone now. @Deepvoid i THINK it is streaming on netflix now
    ?
    edit: check your inbox.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-13-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i have it but it may be gone now. @Deepvoid i THINK it is streaming on netflix now
    ?
    edit: check your inbox.
    Th Hallow was great! Final act was amazing. This is worth a solid 7.5/10.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Th Hallow was great! Final act was amazing. This is worth a solid 7.5/10.
    definitely pretty cool.
    I have like this very narrow style of horror that i'm into. (into which i am? lolol)
    i just flat out don't get anything from straight up someone is trying to kill someone else horror, at all.
    so as much as i adored occulus and absentia, hush doesn't sound like it's for me...
    what do you think?