Thread: Controversial HTDA Opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I hope that whatever future material they release is closer to the debut EP's sound than Welcome Oblivion's.
    Doubtful. I remember Trent mentioned in a couple interviews at the time that the EP was probably too close to the Nine Inch Nails sound, and that any music they did in the future would be trying to distance itself from that sound a bit.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Doubtful. I remember Trent mentioned in a couple interviews at the time that the EP was probably too close to the Nine Inch Nails sound, and that any music they did in the future would be trying to distance itself from that sound a bit.
    Funny enough I found that Welcome Oblivion was far more close to NIN than the self-titled was.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Funny enough I found that Welcome Oblivion was far more close to NIN than the self-titled was.
    Ice Age was so fucking unique I thought, probably why it's best on the album (that and the title track)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Ice Age was so fucking unique I thought, probably why it's best on the album (that and the title track)
    Ice Age was amazingly new territory, even if Meathead predicted it

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'd say that the seeds for that were planted during Ghosts, but definitely unique in terms of vocal Trent tracks.