Thread: What's the longest and farthest distance you have traveled to see Nine Inch Nails?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In September 1995, I flew from Chicago to Philly for the Outside/Dissonance tour stop in Camden. However, it's probably necessary to caveat that my father lived in Philly at the time, and given I was a high school freshman, the trip certainly would not have happened without the parental angle.

Not to hijack the thread, but I think it would also be sort of interesting to hear the shortest distance people have had to travel for a show.

When the Wave Goodbye club shows were announced, I was hoping for the possibility of a Roseland Ballroom (RIP!) date here in NYC, for at that time my apartment literally looked directly out over the roof of the venue. While that wish went unfulfilled, the 0.7 mile walk over to Terminal 5 was a pretty nice consolation prize.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    In September 1995, I flew from Chicago to Philly for the Outside/Dissonance tour stop in Camden. However, it's probably necessary to caveat that my father lived in Philly at the time, and given I was a high school freshman, the trip certainly would not have happened without the parental angle.

Not to hijack the thread, but I think it would also be sort of interesting to hear the shortest distance people have had to travel for a show.

When the Wave Goodbye club shows were announced, I was hoping for the possibility of a Roseland Ballroom (RIP!) date here in NYC, for at that time my apartment literally looked directly out over the roof of the venue. While that wish went unfulfilled, the 0.7 mile walk over to Terminal 5 was a pretty nice consolation prize.
    All the shows I saw from 1999 to 2009 (except sonisphere festival) were in London when I worked there so I went to the gig after work, so the distance would be a tube journey or two. With hindsight I wish I had been more adventurous and caught a few shows in mainland Europe. I certainly could have afforded it from 2005 - 2007 as i didn't have kids and had quite a well paid job, but I just didn't have the mindset of travelling for gigs, spoiled by living in London and feeling everyone should come to me