Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 3234

Thread: The Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    My ex wants me to have dinner with her at a bar while we talk about "important things I need to know." …. What the fuck?
    IT'S A TRAP!

no, seriously...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Relationship Thread

Somebody's pregnant.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was my first thought. It's either that or an STD.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah guys, those were my first thoughts too. I told her I would go but I'm pretty cautious about it right now. Hopefully it's neither of those things. But we'll see tomorrow evening what it all is.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    What's more expensive, an abortion or a penicillin prescription? Guess it depends on your HMO...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    What's more expensive, an abortion or a penicillin prescription? ...
    Haha this was the first thing I saw when I opened up teh forums... Without context, I gotta say I laughed pretty hard.

Hope it goes well man.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Haha this was the first thing I saw when I opened up teh forums... Without context, I gotta say I laughed pretty hard.

Hope it goes well man.
    Haha! Well, WITH context, you should be wishing REPLICA luck!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Haha! Well, WITH context, you should be wishing REPLICA luck!
    Yeah, that made me laugh too. Thanks for the wishes! Hopefully it won't be too bad, I just hate how I keep wondering what it could be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My ex wants me to have dinner with her at a bar while we talk about "important things I need to know." …. What the fuck?
    Other than the two previously mentioned, the only thing I can come up with is that she just really wants to see you and thinks that saying something like that is the only way she can get that to happen....

When's the last time you two.... spent time together....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    Other than the two previously mentioned, the only thing I can come up with is that she just really wants to see you and thinks that saying something like that is the only way she can get that to happen....

When's the last time you two.... spent time together....
    Well, she was away in Sweden (studying) from January to June - we broke up in April. Then about two weeks ago we had drunk sex and the next day she told me that she didn't want to be my friend. And just out of the blue last night, she sent me a text asking if we could have the dinner and a talk.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well... When you get there, assuming she's there before you, see if she's drinking a beer... That might give you a hint as to which of the two it is...

Let us know how it goes and what it is... I hope it's something minor that no one has considered yet...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That's the wording? "A talk"? Sounds seriouskis.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, I called my girlfriend today (since it has been a few days since I've heard from her, and I figured she was too busy getting ready for college), but it turns out she was in the hospital because of her disorders, and no one called and told me. I knew she was depressed the other day, and I offered to keep her company to help her feel better or she could come to my house, but she wouldn't budge. And I didn't get to talk to her today because when I called, she was asleep. Hopefully things get better for her.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well, the dinner with my ex went alright. She told me that she is hoping to go back to Sweden for graduate school (if she's accepted) and that would be next year after she graduates from our current school. Basically she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me because she feels that she will eventually want to live in Sweden and she doesn't want me to go with her because she doesn't want me to leave my family just for her. I think a part of it is also that I still have two or two and a half years left of my undergrad work left to do and (this may just be my paranoia) but I think she might be thinking I'll hold her back from doing what she wants to do. I've told her that I don't want to do that but I just don't know how truthful she is with me right now.

So… We talked about it and she said that she would like to be friends with me but last night I happened to stay the night with her so we are now friends with benefits. So, yeah. I'm keeping my options open for other potential relationships for now.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I think she might be thinking I'll hold her back from doing what she wants to do. I've told her that I don't want to do that but I just don't know how truthful she is with me right now.
    Why would you think she's not being truthful? You called her your ex, and she said 'yes, I need to be your ex'

The whole friends with benefits thing is a bit lost on me some times. I really think you both can't have a deep connection in order for that to work. Otherwise, it's one person getting what they want, and the other feeling wretched on the inside because they love this person so much, but this is the best they can get from them so they just go along.

I'm happy you don't have to get an abortion or penicillin - You ETSers are a bunch of cynical fuckers!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well, I found out why she was in the hospital... suicide attempt. And nobody told me. I had to find out from her. And just when I thought she was doing better with her BDD and auditory hallucination problems, they've become worse and the main reason as to why she's alienating herself. Plus, her dad won't let her leave the house anyway since her suicide attempt. Told her to call me tomorrow if she felt like seeing me, but she told me she probably wouldn't because she feels too ugly.

I don't know what to do. It seems like when everything gets better, it then becomes twice as bad. I can't even support her through this because she won't let me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Well, I found out why she was in the hospital... suicide attempt. And nobody told me. I had to find out from her. And just when I thought she was doing better with her BDD and auditory hallucination problems, they've become worse and the main reason as to why she's alienating herself. Plus, her dad won't let her leave the house anyway since her suicide attempt. Told her to call me tomorrow if she felt like seeing me, but she told me she probably wouldn't because she feels too ugly.

I don't know what to do. It seems like when everything gets better, it then becomes twice as bad. I can't even support her through this because she won't let me.
    i am so, so sorry.

as someone who has been in her shoes (but not yours), i can tell you that the best thing to do is be patient and understanding (which it seems like you've already got covered). it may seem like a dick move for her family to have not told you, but it's possible that they didn't want you to freak out (which is stupid, i know, but that's how families operate in these situations).

good luck. i hope she heals.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well, the dinner with my ex went alright. She told me that she is hoping to go back to Sweden for graduate school (if she's accepted) and that would be next year after she graduates from our current school. Basically she doesn't want to be in a relationship with me because she feels that she will eventually want to live in Sweden and she doesn't want me to go with her because she doesn't want me to leave my family just for her. I think a part of it is also that I still have two or two and a half years left of my undergrad work left to do and (this may just be my paranoia) but I think she might be thinking I'll hold her back from doing what she wants to do. I've told her that I don't want to do that but I just don't know how truthful she is with me right now.

So… We talked about it and she said that she would like to be friends with me but last night I happened to stay the night with her so we are now friends with benefits. So, yeah. I'm keeping my options open for other potential relationships for now.
    *tosses confetti*
    No hospital things! Just crazy "I need to talk to you and make you really stressed about what it could be by not telling you any details" thing! Those are much better!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I am so very sorry. From everything I've read here it absolutely sounds like you ARE supporting her. You are reaching out to her, telling her how you care for her, and heeding her wishes when she needs space. The fact that you aren't running scared says a lot about your character. Best of luck to both of you. I wish I had words of advice.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh, this one seems to like me. Result.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    She is going with me to Montreal while I'm at the show in October (got my ticket before I met her). This will be so good for us.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have a date next week. I'm not entirely sure what to do, it's been that long. Perhaps dressing as an Amish woman is the way forward...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I don't know where this comes from, but have any of you ever been told that the early 20s were too young for relationships? I find that hard to believe. Some even insist that it's better off to fall in love in your late 20s and early 30s, or to at least wait until you're 25. And well, it inevitably leads me to ask the following question. Did you also find love early too?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I don't know where this comes from, but have any of you ever been told that the early 20s were too young for relationships? I find that hard to believe. Some even insist that it's better off to fall in love in your late 20s and early 30s, or to at least wait until you're 25. And well, it inevitably leads me to ask the following question. Did you also find love early too?
    i think that anyone who tries to put age limitations on love is silly.

when i was in love with a girl at the age of 7, it felt incredibly real, and i retained those feelings for a long time.
    when i was in my first relationship at the age of 12, it was painfully real, and those feelings lasted for three years.
    when i was in my last high-school relationship, it lasted a year, and when it ended, it almost destroyed me.

all love is real and valid, and it doesn't matter when it happens, as long as you treat it (and the object of those feelings) with care and respect.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    If that's the case then my wife and I are in trouble... We met at the end of high school and started dating pretty much right away. That was over 16 years ago now...
    But maybe I just take after my parents... they met in high school too and they're coming up on their 40th wedding anniversary...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    She basically dumped me last night. I'm through. Thanks 2013, been one heck of a year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Unlike

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    She basically dumped me last night.
    Fuck her (well, not literally), you'll have a good time in Montreal, anyway! :-)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I've had two quite fulfilling and very long-term relationships and I'm still 26 (for a few more weeks). You just have to be very communicative and recognize the other person's needs/space/goals, just like at any other time in your life.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    She basically dumped me last night. I'm through. Thanks 2013, been one heck of a year.
    Are you kidding me?