Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bjork

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

This is awesome. I'm not sure why she needs an autocue though. Is that common?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, more common than you'd think. I know Dave Gahan has used one with Depeche for many years now. Even Tori Amos and Eddie Vedder frequently have lyric sheets when they perform now, but that's maybe more for the more rare stuff that they're known for playing. Our idols are all getting old hah

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Unfortunately, more common than you'd think. I know Dave Gahan has used one with Depeche for many years now. Even Tori Amos and Eddie Vedder frequently have lyric sheets when they perform now, but that's maybe more for the more rare stuff that they're known for playing. Our idols are all getting old hah
    I saw Bjork tonight at The Eden Project and she had 3 or 4 auto cues dotted around the stage.

She was awesome, so it doesn't matter. But it interested me.

I saw a guy wearing a Bad Witch vest, I told him he had a cool top but he ignored me

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Shocked no one has been bringing up the new songs, all three have been incredible. Can’t wait for this new record.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Didn't even know there was something new. ETS is where I get most of my music news from!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pitchfork seems to like the new album, so take that with a grain of salt.
    https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/bjork-fossora/

I'm on my first listen to it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It's real good. Probably my favorite of hers in a long time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am also excited to hear the new Björk. I'm a complete freshie to her catalog though, I've listened to the first 3 and not a lot m9re. Debut will probably remain my favourite for a long time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Went to Iceland in the beginning of November for almost two weeks. Obviously cranked alot of Bjork, Sugarcubes & Sigur Ros b/c I'm basic. It def. enhanced the things we saw driving around. Incredible country, go as soon as you can, preferably when it's cold (but not too cold that you can't do things).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Finally getting to the most recent release of hers. What are folks’ thoughts on the album, now that it has had time to settle?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    they didn't stream her or Frank Ocean's sets. Wack. At least I got to see Knocked Loose and Chris Lake/Fisher.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, I'm listening to Vespertine in 24bit on Qobuz. Is it just me or does it sound REALLY bad? I thought maybe the version on Qobuz was just fucked up, so I "acquired" the 24bit from another place and same issue. It sounds very sibilant, especially on the vocals of Hidden Place. I have never noticed these issues on the cd. The issue reminds me of the issue with the And All That Could Have Been cd.