Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Sooooooooooo I got this email today from Livenation that mentioned a tour date for NIN with Soundgarden in Dallas for August. Of course, the link now appears to be dead. Leak or complete mistake?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I have it on good authority, that this is TRUE. Another date is Jones Beach on August 1st.

Could it be because both The Downward Spiral & Superunknown turn 20 on SATURDAY(?!)
    I guess if TR is headlining, then he finally won the battle. (for those who dont remember, Superunknown beat TDS to #1 on Billboard that week and TR had some beef about it)

Quote Originally Posted by frothy_ham View Post
    Sooooooooooo I got this email today from Livenation that mentioned a tour date for NIN with Soundgarden in Dallas for August. Of course, the link now appears to be dead. Leak or complete mistake?

Last edited by halo33; 03-06-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Whoa. That is a double bill I want to see.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Its real. I was just hoping for a later onsale date than this. Unless that mightve been the error. Figured it might go up in April. L.A. will for sure now cost an arm and a leg with Soundgarden on the bill, blah.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Its real. I was just hoping for a later onsale date than this. Unless that mightve been the error. Figured it might go up in April. L.A. will for sure now cost an arm and a leg with Soundgarden on the bill, blah.
    So if it's real, that's on sale next weekend... so should we expect the official announcement of the dates tomorrow? They usually release the dates a week before they go on sale. But they still need to do the NIN.com presale, right???? So.... i'm guessing dates tomorrow, NIN.com presale on either Monday the 10th or Tuesday the 11th and General Public sale on Friday the 14th?

Seems kinda rushed to me.

There goes my budget for the month... urgh... hello credit card, let's get in debt again!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So if it's real, that's on sale next weekend... so should we expect the official announcement of the dates tomorrow? They usually release the dates a week before they go on sale. But they still need to do the NIN.com presale, right???? So.... i'm guessing dates tomorrow, NIN.com presale on either Monday the 10th or Tuesday the 11th and General Public sale on Friday the 14th?

There goes my budget for the month... urgh... hello credit card, let's get in debt again!
    Maube that was part of the problem. The on sale date was supposed to be march 14 which would have been a part of this email, but it got pushed back a bit and the emails didn't catch up?

i have no inside information at all. Purely speculation but it makes some sense.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

We'll find out soon enough with the video that just got posted.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Fall US tour. See Vegas and Detriot in video I think.

http://instagram.com/p/lP8tsUjqph/

Summer, outdoor amphitheatres. You missed L.A., San Francisco, Austin.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is there no chance this is just a mistake? This is the first time I've felt embarrassed for NIN since the Starsuckers vid.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Is there no chance this is just a mistake? This is the first time I've felt embarrassed for NIN since the Starsuckers vid.
    That auction listing can’t be a mistake. But at this point it’s still possible that someone could back out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just my 2 cents , but I'd rather pay a little more and see another version of tension tour , If the NIN / Soundgarden tour happens (only guessing) , it will be nothing more than NINJA part 2 : NINSO , Trent would have to pull out some big songs barely or never played to make it an awesome show...

Is Soundgarden even that good anymore? Saw them years back in Barrie Ontario ( with NIN I think) , wasn't to impressed.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    Just my 2 cents , but I'd rather pay a little more and see another version of tension tour , If the NIN / Soundgarden tour happens (only guessing) , it will be nothing more than NINJA part 2 : NINSO , Trent would have to pull out some big songs barely or never played to make it an awesome show...
    If NIN is the headliner — FWIW, it said “Nine Inch Nails with Soundgarden” — he might have more leeway. I doubt he holds Soundgarden in the same high regard as Jane’s Addiction, QOTSA or Bowie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    If NIN is the headliner — FWIW, it said “Nine Inch Nails with Soundgarden” — he might have more leeway. I doubt he holds Soundgarden in the same high regard as Jane’s Addiction, QOTSA or Bowie.
    I would easily rank Soundgarden above Jane's Addiction and especially QOTSA. Maybe even Bowie to an extent.

But, that's just me and my opinion, of course. I'm looking forward to the announcement of the dates. Been itching for more SG shows after their last tour.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
    I would easily rank Soundgarden above Jane's Addiction and especially QOTSA. Maybe even Bowie to an extent.
    So would I (except for Bowie). But TR? SG was a competitor.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    I saw a show called Bob Dylan with Mark Knopfler and they both did 1.5 hr sets. Both co-headlining but Bob's name was first. Don't know if NIN is the same way or not, depends on the promotion team?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, their most recent U.S. shows have included a nightclub in St. Louis and 3,000-seat theaters in Houston and Dallas. No way it's co-headlining.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Yeah, their most recent U.S. shows have included a nightclub in St. Louis and 3,000-seat theaters in Houston and Dallas. No way it's co-headlining.
    Wow, really? They’re right up there with NIN and Arcade Fire for Lollapalooza in South America.

In fact I wonder if that helped to cover up any rumors of a NIN-Soundgarden US tour.

(Is there an accepted abbreviation for Soundgarden, like maybe SG? I still think it’s one of the great all-time band names, but I’m getting tired of typing it.)
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 03-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Teaser on both bands instagram accounts:

instagram.com/nineinchnails

instagram.com/soundgarden

Can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbath View Post
    Teaser on both bands instagram accounts:

instagram.com/nineinchnails

instagram.com/soundgarden

Can't wait!

I like NIN's teaser better..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fall US tour. See Vegas and Detriot in video I think.

http://instagram.com/p/lP8tsUjqph/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Concert announcement as ARG. Of course.

As long as this doesn't end up happening.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 03-07-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I have no money and can't go to any shows, so join the wah-wah club.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I have no money and can't go to any shows, so join the wah-wah club.
    We can sit around on ETS watching recordings together.

Also, it would be just my luck now that I live down in Philly that they book a show at Darien Lake and don't cancel it this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

Also, it would be just my luck now that I live down in Philly that they book a show at Darien Lake and don't cancel it this time.
    I'm thinking Trent hates Darien Lake ( would you blame hime?) , Although its a 35 minute ride for me , so one show will be close , see how things pan out maybe go to a second , dont want to ruin my memories of the tension show in Cleveland...
    Last edited by That other guy; 03-07-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GAH! That was the worst. The date just kind of... disappeared. WNY always gets the shaft.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m33k View Post
    GAH! That was the worst. The date just kind of... disappeared. WNY always gets the shaft.
    Buffalo hasn't had a NIN show since 99.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Buffalo hasn't had a NIN show since 99.
    Rochester was lucky to get a With Teeth show but before that was what? ''94? Have they EVER played in Syracuse?

I love Toronto, especially for the few months the "fast ferry" was running but that dream is long gone and I'm without a car these days. I think tour logistics just always work in their favor.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh man. This is kind of a bummer if it does end up being Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails for a double bill. I saw Soundgarden for FREE last year in St. Louis (those tickets went up to $100 mind you) and was not impressed by the band or the incredibly cheesy CGI video screen they brought along with them. I would've much preferred to have seen another up and coming band open for NIN, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

I'm really hoping to see Nine Inch Nails again this year and while I wish they were coming to St. Louis or somewhere in Missouri again, I highly doubt we'll see that now. Looks like a Chicago show will be my best bet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Oh man. This is kind of a bummer if it does end up being Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails for a double bill. I saw Soundgarden for FREE last year in St. Louis (those tickets went up to $100 mind you) and was not impressed by the band or the incredibly cheesy CGI video screen they brought along with them. I would've much preferred to have seen another up and coming band open for NIN, but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

I'm really hoping to see Nine Inch Nails again this year and while I wish they were coming to St. Louis or somewhere in Missouri again, I highly doubt we'll see that now. Looks like a Chicago show will be my best bet.
    The tickets in that little nightclub were $100? Good lord, I wonder what these double-bill tickets in an ampitheatre are going to be, if Soundgarden thinks they're worth $100 nightclub tickets.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    You lost me when you said you rank SG above Bowie.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish they would've came here with QOTSA before soundgarden :l