I'm talking more about bands that I've actually seen play with NIN recently, not all of the bands that have toured with them. QOTSA and Janes Addiction sucked. The Horrors were an absolute joke. Whoever opened for them in Vegas recently were so forgettable I can't even remember who they were. Whoever opened for them in Vegas for LITS were god awful, MEW did the other 2 NYC Wave Goodbye shows right? They were OK.

Soundgarden for me is hearing who's going to be opening for them that I've heard prior and actually being excited for,because a majority of bands NIN has toured with since 2005 I have never heard of before. The only other time I can think of that I heard of a band opening for NIN that I knew I would enjoy was Dresden Dolls. Trying to think of the last time I saw an opener for NIN that I never heard of before but I liked when I saw them and became a fan. Think it was Saul Williams and Does it offend you, yeah? I'm sure if I saw Crystal Castles/Bauhaus/Peaches the feeling would be about the same.

tl;dlr I really haven't cared for any band NIN has toured with since Wave Goodbye, and I'm happy they will be touring with a band I like for once.