"The Hand That Feeds"
    "Head Like A Hole"
    "Satellite"
    "Even Deeper"
    "In This Twilight"
    "While I'm Still Here"
    "Black Noise"
    "Hurt"
    2013 got All The Love In The World, so that's a positive. I always hate when STL is in the beginning few dates of a NIN tour because we get the "stock" setlist before Trent starts getting ballsy and adds really fun stuff, but we got Somewhat Damaged AND Burn if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Songs I would like to see make some appearances on this tour:
    The Great Below
    The Mark Has Been Made
    Complication (!)
    Please
    Right Where It Belongs
    With Teeth (!)
    No, You Don’t
    Getting Smaller
    WITT
    You Know What You Are
    Now I’m Nothing
    Non-Entity
    Lights In The Sky
    Physical
    Get Down, Make Love
    Home
    The Collector
    The Way Out Is Through
    La Mer
    I’m Afraid Of Americans

Actually come to think of it…that would probably be the greatest NIN setlist in the history of the band IMO.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-21-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I would rather hang myself than ever listen to Pilgrimage live. Fucking GROSS.

Something's fucking wrong with you, Pilgrimage is amazing. It's the marching band of Hades. Would love to see NIN pull it off live with a marching band backing up, would be sick.

Anyway the intro was really a recording of the chanting that's in Pilgrimage while house lights were on for a bit, followed by the marching steps in the song, then led into Mr. Self Destruct. It was just some elements used from the song, like what they did with Beside You in Time as an intro on the previous club tour. You knew which setlist and opener was going to happen on that tour when you heard the intro music. Pilgrimage would be Mr. Self Destruct, The New Flesh/Pinion would be Love is Not Enough. Speaking of TNF/Pinion the bass line for TNF was playing like 3-5 minutes before the house lights went out, slowly building up underneath the house music, that was really cool. Kinda took a bit to realize what you were hearing, like wait a sec.....is that The New Flesh? Holy shit it is!

Anyway here's a video of the tail end of the Pilgrimage intro.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I always hate when STL is in the beginning few dates of a NIN tour because we get the "stock" setlist before Trent starts getting ballsy and adds really fun stuff, but we got Somewhat Damaged AND Burn if I remember correctly.
    If St. Louis is the stock one, then Milwaukee is flat out suicidal. :P

Last time NIN was here and actually got to sleep in my own bed was 2006 summer tour. Chicago is close enough but usually don't want the night drive back, especially when there's drinks involved.

Perspective and and all that fun stuff!!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    If St. Louis is the stock one, then Milwaukee is flat out suicidal. :P

Last time NIN was here and actually got to sleep in my own bed was 2006 summer tour. Chicago is close enough but usually don't want the night drive back, especially when there's drinks involved.

Perspective and and all that fun stuff!!
    I get your pain, it's strange how some bands make sure STL is always a stop on an album run but some bands only headline here every 10 years in a non festival format (korn, stone sour, shiny toy guns etc).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Something's fucking wrong with you, Pilgrimage is amazing. It's the marching band of Hades. Would love to see NIN pull it off live with a marching band backing up, would be sick.

Anyway the intro was really a recording of the chanting that's in Pilgrimage while house lights were on for a bit, followed by the marching steps in the song, then led into Mr. Self Destruct. It was just some elements used from the song, like what they did with Beside You in Time as an intro on the previous club tour. You knew which setlist and opener was going to happen on that tour when you heard the intro music. Pilgrimage would be Mr. Self Destruct, The New Flesh/Pinion would be Love is Not Enough. Speaking of TNF/Pinion the bass line for TNF was playing like 3-5 minutes before the house lights went out, slowly building up underneath the house music, that was really cool. Kinda took a bit to realize what you were hearing, like wait a sec.....is that The New Flesh? Holy shit it is!
    I found a video of that version of The New Flesh.

I love how nobody fully realizes what is playing over the PA until the lights actually go out.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 07-21-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm surprised Trent didn't do the "Oneohtrix Point Never Remix" of Find My Way considering they are the opening act...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post

I love how nobody realizes what is playing over the PA until the lights actually go out.
    Yeah like how I didn't realize A Warm Place was playing and I missed recording a bit of it. :/

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PS - I may have missed it. Can anyone link me to the new tour merch and how it looks?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    PS - I may have missed it. Can anyone link me to the new tour merch and how it looks?
    There's a thread for it. It's the very first non-stickied thread on the page right now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    TERRIBLE LIE:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Cart 05:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ONLY:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    THTF:

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm surprised Trent didn't do the "Oneohtrix Point Never Remix" of Find My Way considering they are the opening act...
    After Trent failed to collaborate with J-Ho on NIN/QOTSA tour, I'm not surprised.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can someone point me in the direction of a setlist from this leg? I've scrolled back a few pages and can find one from 2007, but nothing from the past week. Thanks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Cart 05:
    Something's not gunna get broken. ;-)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    .. I couldn't believe it. I think it's because the target audience for this festival was 18-25 year olds who like Electronic dance music. At times, it felt like we were the old dudes there...
    OK I wasn't there, blah blah but I couldn't help respond to this. I don't understand why that EDM crowd don't like NIN - Nine Inch Nails ARE electronic dance music, particularly parts of the last album and Year Zero which features heavily on this tour. Do they think of them as rock dinosaurs or something?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Can someone point me in the direction of a setlist from this leg? I've scrolled back a few pages and can find one from 2007, but nothing from the past week. Thanks.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-73c11a91.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-i...-2bc120ee.html

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Do they think of them as rock dinosaurs or something?
    Yes; at least some of them do, anyway.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The hammer pants last tour were interesting, now it's just getting weird. What's with the front/back pant-capes?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That is a sad setlist.

Im actually glad i didn't shell out $100 to see them play the same stuff cough TOOL cough…

Really glad I didn't get over zealous and pay double that to see DEP open the show, especially in a amphitheater environment.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Let the Photoshop magic commence!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    From a graphic design standpoint, I'd keep the borders of the squares white or lose them altogether.. The yellow and pink lose uniformity. Hilarious though. Also I was really impressed with the earlier one with the solid white squares and no borders. That image encompasses this leg so perfectly, and with such simplicity. Honestly, I'd see if there's some way you can submit your design to NIN camp.
    Last edited by LOVEANDZOMBIES; 07-21-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    That would make an incredibly nerdy tshirt that I would wear with such pride.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    That would make an incredibly nerdy tshirt that I would wear with such pride.
    ::idea::

Replace the "NINENORTHINCHAMERICANAILS" with ECHOINGTHESOUND. I'd probably buy that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Crap, I wish I was at that random 2007 show. Dang. What a great set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There sure is a lot of butthurt regarding this tour so far. I for one can't fucking wait until the Chicago show on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L4YER_CAK3 View Post
    There sure is a lot of butthurt regarding this tour so far. I for one can't fucking wait until the Chicago show on Thursday.
    It seems there is always butthurt every tour. It goes to show you can't please everyone. I'm pretty stoked as well for my 2 shows. I know I won't see them for 2-4 years so I will enjoy while I can.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Since he's 'not going to be touring again for a long time', I do hope he adds some songs or switches stuff up a bit hut expect the same for rest of tour.
    Last edited by Omega; 07-21-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    These will still be just my second and third NIN shows (and second and third concerts in general actually), so I'll take what I can get. I don't think it's at all wrong to wish for sets more like Tension, Europe, etc., but really it seems like a sumptom of coheadlining.