Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Idk but try going on the Bowl website? I'm on the Verizon Amphlitheater website for Irvine and I can get tickets through them (I'm not going to).

nah it doesnt work - no link till friday. Im totally locked out of ticketmaster - but can get it on my phone. weird. I only bought 2 soundgarden presale - was looking for 2 more good ones.

Well at least my phone app still works

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Terrace 3 at Hollywood Bowl. Had to go through Soundgarden's presale, no luck with NIN.com for the first time ever. The experience kind of matches my mixed feelings about the tour to begin with -- and the torturous experience that will be sitting through Soundgarden -- at this point I honestly hope they close so we can just take off.

Originally intended to try for Vegas and Irvine, but the combination of the prices, shitty co-headlining, and presale experience have left me satisfied with just paying for the one show.

I look forward to spending that money at my first Star Trek convention instead! /nerd
    Fuck I hope Soundgarden open just to spite you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Fuck I hope Soundgarden open just to spite you.
    I mean, they're gonna, whether to spite me or not. You win.

(Fans of good music lose.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone happen to get into boxes 1121, 1422, or 1561?

(Im off of here now but will check later)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I mean, they're gonna, whether to spite me or not. You win.

(Fans of good music lose.)
    Every gig has an opener, complaining that it's Soundgarden of all bands is pretty petulant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never been to Shoreline, but I got 2 tickets in Section 103, Row A. I'm quite happy with this! I also like having a seat...GA was fine 10 years ago and I still do GA sometimes, but dang, it's nice having your own little spot sometimes!
    Last edited by Sugarplum; 03-17-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    lost the quote here but someone here called me a selfish prick for suggesting that people shouldnt post passwords on public forums.
    (by the way - the scalpers must love you for making their job SO much easier to find passwords for pre-sales by just using google)

my response:

what? Are you kidding me? Im not being a selfish prick - - most people on public boards usually PM the passwords that are given through other means - so the WHOLE general public doesnt see it - as its VERY EASY for EVERYONE to not sign up anywhere and just search google and get a forum post with a password in it for a result if people post them.

I would have PM'd anyone here the password if they had asked (in fact I did).

You are the prick who isnt thinking about what you are saying. The whole POINT of my comment was to HELP all of your chances - YOUR meaning the people posting here - not the whole entire lazy general public who didnt sign up for anything and just does a simple google search. What the F is the point of a pass-worded presale then - by your logic? I was TRYING to give a tip to help you all. But as I said before - wht the hell should I care when you people just argue when I am TRYING to help ALL your chances.

Selfish? haha really? By your logic - why dont they just post it on the ticketmaster site then? or just not have a password at all?

One would think with all the bitching here about how much presales suck, you would be a little smarter than to see me as selfish when I am trying to help you to have a more successful pre-sale. WHAT IS THE POINT OF A PRESALE otherwise if there is not SOME catch to have to do some work to get into it?
    - i.e. the more dedicated FANS who do a little work to sign up here or there or look here or there - and THEN not EVERYONE in the f-ing world that can just use google (scalpers included) will be competing with you all.

Some of you are really dense.
    Last edited by Powhatan; 03-17-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Every gig has an opener, complaining that it's Soundgarden of all bands is pretty petulant.
    This isn't an opener, this is a co-headliner. Not to mention, Trent has as a pretty superb record of choosing great openers -- at the very least they've been interesting/unique, even if not to everyone's taste. Soundgarden are a completely irrelevant nostalgia band with nothing new to offer -- reunited solely because the lead singer's desperate attempts at solo popularity never panned out. YAY!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    lots of stuff
    This is ETS. We help each other. Whether it's finding the best way to view a concert stream or finding tickets or tracking down rare memorabilia.

Never change, ETS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Definitely not. My ticket is 1st row. Sec 101, Row A, Seat 3 at Lakewood Amphitheatre. There were definitely prime tickets available through the nin.com sale, but maybe not as many as prior tours. It does look like I'm one of the lucky few around these parts. I've never had front row at a NIN show before, so I'm looking at this as pretty much a once in a lifetime get for me.
    That's awesome. I was 202 Row DD, which is the front of the second section behind the "club" seats. I was pleased because I thought the 100's would be pit like last time. Ah well, I'll still have no one right in front of me, but will still be 50 yards behind you. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    lost the quote here but someone here called me a selfish prick for suggesting that people shouldnt post passwords on public forums.
    (by the way - the scalpers must love you for making their job SO much easier to find passwords for pre-sales by just using google)

my response:

what? Are you kidding me? Im not being a selfish prick - - most people on public boards usually PM the passwords that are given through other means - so the WHOLE general public doesnt see it - as its VERY EASY for EVERYONE to not sign up anywhere and just search google and get a forum post with a password in it for a result if people post them.

I would have PM'd anyone here the password if they had asked (in fact I did).

You are the prick who isnt thinking about what you are saying. The whole POINT of my comment was to HELP all of your chances - YOUR meaning the people posting here - not the whole entire lazy general public who didnt sign up for anything and just does a simple google search. What the F is the point of a pass-worded presale then - by your logic? I was TRYING to give a tip to help you all. But as I said before - wht the hell should I care when you people just argue when I am TRYING to help ALL your chances.

Selfish? haha really? By your logic - why dont they just post it on the ticketmaster site then? or just not have a password at all?

One would think with all the bitching here about how much presales suck, you would be a little smarter than to see me as selfish when I am trying to help you to have a more successful pre-sale. WHAT IS THE POINT OF A PRESALE otherwise if there is not SOME catch to have to do some work to get into it?
    - i.e. the more dedicated FANS who do a little work to sign up here or there or look here or there - and THEN not EVERYONE in the f-ing world that can just use google (scalpers included) will be competing with you all.

Some of you are really dense.

It is right on SG's tour page! Don't blame people here for it...

http://soundgardenworld.com/soundgar...ne-inch-nails/

Just for the hell of it I Googled "soundgarden presale tour passord". ETS isn't even on the front page, may want to blame Stereogum for "helping the scalpers" and leaking it out yesterday...

https://www.google.com/#q=soundgarde...esale+password

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    The captcha thing isn't working well - I know I'm typing in the right letters and it keeps saying wrong, and then it made me start over.
    This happened to me as well. I gave up and went through the Soundgarden presale and got two tickets for Red Rocks. I was glad I had the day off, because my co-workers would have heard lots of nastiness coming from my mouth. I'd never had a problem getting presale before with nin.com. It was weird.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Every single listing I've seen of dates has included a presale password and/or notification that NIN.com membership is free and they have a presale. All the way down to random sites like philly.com. I don't understand how someone can know of the show and not at least one way of getting presale tickets. I'm not accusing you of being a selfish prick, just a dumbass.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    For the 2 shows confirmed not to have Death Grips, I wonder what is planned? No opener, different opener, longer sets? I know if it's a sudden "opener didn't make it, so nothing happening tonight!" situation, that's different, but they know months ahead they won't be there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Death Grips don't exactly have a good track record of being faithful to their tour itineraries or festival responsibilities, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them miss the first show and just get kicked off the tour anyway.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So hypothetically of DG end up getting kicked from opening, what happens? Do they get a new opener at last minute or play longer sets, or is there just no opener? Has that ever happened before?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is ETS. We help each other. Whether it's finding the best way to view a concert stream or finding tickets or tracking down rare memorabilia.

Never change, ETS.

way to miss the point. I (and anyone here) would have given it to anyone here via PM if they asked on the forum.

By posting it on public forums, You are also helping the brokers/scalpers in the process.

I see no one answered my question as to what is the point of a password presale then in the first place if the password is accessible to ALL easily everywhere.

Pointing out any other site also has it posted publicly doesnt really help your argument. The "but THEY DID IT TOO!" is a childish argument.

Not that Im surprised.

Hey, I just got the email for the KROQ password for the bowl as I was writing this.

better get the password up here people. Scalpers large and small are going to want snatch those tickets up.
    I got the tix I needed.

I got the tickets I wanted.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    way to miss the point. I (and anyone here) would have given it to anyone here via PM if they asked on the forum.

By posting it on public forums, You are also helping the brokers/scalpers in the process.

I see no one answered my question as to what is the point of a password presale then in the first place if the password is accessible to ALL easily everywhere.

Pointing out any other site also has it posted publicly doesnt really help your argument. The "but THEY DID IT TOO!" is a childish argument.

Not that Im surprised.

Hey, I just got the email for the KROQ password for the bowl as I was writing this.

better get the password up here people. Scalpers large and small are going to want snatch those tickets up.
    I got the tix I needed.

There's a big difference between something sent in an email and something posted on facebook and official websites. Get the stick out of your ass, no one's getting harmed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not that Im surprised.

I got the tix I needed.

You know all those brokers and scalpers are on the email lists of every band imaginible, and dont need to scour band forums for supposed "secret" passwords? You get that theyre called
    professionals for a reason? They spend as much time on every ticketing website as you do on here discussing NIN. They know the system blinfolded. Theyre more prepared to the majority of concert goers and you see their results. so stop trying to act like the patron ticketing saint, hell bent on a mission to "protect" something which isnt protected at all. Also, all the broker sites who had ticket over the weekend? Theyre putting up the seats they pay for every year as a season seat buyer. They had dibs before the public, thats how it works.

and in regards to the premium seating for hollywood. Itll come up as an auction later on in the year. It would explain how nobody got anything in the middle and up front.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    more stuff
    Your hypothetical about it helping scalpers is moot. The fact is, plenty of FANS here got tickets after NIN.com didn't work out because others posted helpful information. Including me. Therefore it's a good thing, no matter what imaginary assholes you imagine are preying here. You're the one brushing aside facts -- like it being publicly available, google-able, and ETS not even being on the front page of results. No one is missing your point, 'cause you aren't actually making one.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    For the 2 shows confirmed not to have Death Grips, I wonder what is planned? No opener, different opener, longer sets? I know if it's a sudden "opener didn't make it, so nothing happening tonight!" situation, that's different, but they know months ahead they won't be there.
    Which ones are those?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Kiss and Def Leppard just announced a summer tour, so believe it or not, there is actually older/more washed up bands than Soundgarden touring this summer..Shocked Trent didn't ring up Def Leppard since he's so into rock and roll bands these days

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Kiss and Def Leppard just announced a summer tour, so believe it or not, there is actually older/more washed up bands than Soundgarden touring this summer..Shocked Trent didn't ring up Def Leppard since he's so into rock and roll bands these days
    I know that you are just looking for attention, and I don't want to pick a fight, but please, stop posting crap like this. You don't like Soundgarden, we get it.

ETA--I wouldn't actually mind seeing NIN tour with KISS. KISS fucking rocks and puts on a good show. Def Leppard and NIN? And odd match to be sure but I'd go and enjoy myself.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Just to explain why some people are not pissed off: I'm not sure whether this is the first time there were those super VIP tickets for NIN, but that's not at all uncommon these days, so seeing that happen here is not so shocking. Also, presale tickets haven't been only the best seats, at least for the last few tours. I was very lucky this time around, but I came in thinking that if I didn't get great tickets, I'd just pass it up. So if I did only see bad seats, it honestly wouldn't be a big deal for me. Personally, I saw the Tension tour, so I didn't feel like I necessarily *had* to go to this tour. Also, I don't think those farther back seats are necessarily bad. Sometimes you have an easier time seeing and potentially way better sound.

I'm actually surprised that people that have been to a lot of shows are this shocked. I've had a lot of bad ticket purchasing experiences, and I don't even go to that many shows.
    I know multiple people who got tickets for every single Wave Goodbye club date, and they pulled up jack for these shows. It doesn't seem an uncommon event today for people who are quite experienced with NIN presales. I'd say that's a big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it's because a lot of people actually want to see soundgarden...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I know multiple people who got tickets for every single Wave Goodbye club date, and they pulled up jack for these shows. It doesn't seem an uncommon event today for people who are quite experienced with NIN presales. I'd say that's a big deal.
    I, being one of those people you speak of, can attest to that statement.
    My issue was mainly with those captchas (which I hear were removed from the later onsales?!)
    It kept saying I was wrong (yes I know its case sensitive)

Eventually my persistence paid off, and I got tix for everything I was looking for. Not the best seats. Certainly not the worst. But it was definitely frustrating. (But I guess still better than waiting in line at Tower Records like the old days.)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    Oh, hi there sunshine!!

Seriously though- you going to any of these shows or boycotting because of SG??

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    Maybe it's because a lot of people actually want to see soundgarden...
    You obviously didn't have to buy tickets during the first two timezones, when there were Captchas from hell and tons of people were "testing" the system for the Western shows. (And Soundgarden fans would have done the Ticketmaster presale in any case.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Same boat here. I got three of the four LA Wave Goodbye shows. This was definitely different. Not complaining, doesn't seem like it was NIN.com's fault (other than the shitty captchas), just a totally different style of tour management/sales? Just like picking Soundgarden shows a totally different style of band curation from Trent.

(I liked one of billpulsipher's posts. I don't even know what's happening anymore. Soundgarden has shattered my world.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The nin.com presale situation was definitely pretty awful, but missing out on the presale isn't the same as missing out on the concert. There is still the regular sale and are/were other presales. I'm not saying anyone's wrong for being disappointed, but I think there are still reasons to be optimistic. If it's anything like the Tension tour, there will even be reasonably priced tickets the day of a lot of the concerts. Of course, the situation could be totally different this time, but there's no reason to just assume it's going to be awful already.

It sounds like one of the issues that is stressing people out is the lack of GA floor, though. In a regular arena concert, there are a ton of GA tickets. They're not very exclusive, but they still feel (for many people) like the best tickets (even though in reality only a small fraction of those people will get rail). For these non-GA shows, every missed opportunity feels like a loss in value - like you have a way of measuring how good your seat is based on how far it's back. But, really, that doesn't translate to how good your experience is going to be. At least for me, being stressed out about tickets and whether I got a good deal is always much worse than actually getting a technically bad seat.