Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2944

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    Sold out??

DTE Energy Music Theatre Tickets - lawn seats only?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/08004C6614D8BCF3

Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/10...783?dma_id=237

Keep checking back for tickets!

No tickets available right now... sometimes tickets from the venue may become available closer to the event.

Yeah, I saw that awhile ago just messing around.

I can can pretty much guarantee some more tickets will end up getting released. If you're looking for some seats just keep checking a few times everyday.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Toronto has been sold out for a week now. Lots of tickets sold to scalpers. Price will drop the week before the show.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Mountain View also has only Lawn seats left. That said, I too would not be surprised to see more blocks of seats released.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If someone wants good seats go to:

- Mansfield
    - Bristow
    - VA Beach
    - Charlotte

Cripes are those shows selling like shat. I'm guessing if there are so many seats left on LN/TM you could get good seats on the cheap in the secondary market eventually as well.
    Last edited by Krazy; 03-30-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hate Shoreline Amp, all seats. So lame. There are season tic holders too, which have the best dang seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Soundgarden ... why soundgarden?!?!?! ... oh, maybe because they are both on Universal.

How is Chris Cornell relevant today? What does he have to say? Arcade Fire would be a more fitting match.

I'm sure many of you will disagree with my above statements but hopefully most of you won't disagree with this ... NIN is the band that reminds you of you, helps you search deep within, gently wakes you up, makes you feel less alone in a world that's rigged by a very small group of people and maybe inspires you to be the change you want to see in the world.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Huh?? Not really.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsewidthmod View Post
    Soundgarden ... why soundgarden?!?!?! ... oh, maybe because they are both on Universal.

How is Chris Cornell relevant today? What does he have to say? Arcade Fire would be a more fitting match.

I'm sure many of you will disagree with my above statements but hopefully most of you won't disagree with this ... NIN is the band that reminds you of you, helps you search deep within, gently wakes you up, makes you feel less alone in a world that's rigged by a very small group of people and maybe inspires you to be the change you want to see in the world.
    And Soundgarden did this with some of us back in the 90s... so guess your argument's shot? Both NIN and Soundgarden affected me back then and inspired me to do something more. Soundgarden is more than Chris Cornell. Kim's an excellent guitarist and Shepherd added this whole new complex depth to the music once he joined.

instead of bitching about relevance, try to take in and learn something new from all music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ha ha ... funny ...

I stated "I'm sure many of you will disagree with my above statements but hopefully most of you won't disagree with this ..."

I kind of liked soundgarden when I was in high school ... but it never really grabbed me. To each their own. Yes I bitched for a moment but you just focused on the negative and ignored the positive.

learn something new from all music ... I do everyday ... I've been a fan of GYBE for many years ... they inspire me. Most of the music I listened to when I was in high school I no longer listen to. But I've been a Depeche Mode since 1986 when i was 6 years old, and i'm still a Cure fan and have been since I was 7/8. (I had a big brother who's 12 years older than me.)

My point is that music has taught me to grow ... evolve ... try new things.

cheers ... time to go into the studio and record

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Um, okay.

They're touring together because Soundgarden was widely regarded as "good" at some point in their career, and for many people "at some point" means "right now", which I wouldn't disagree with.

Most of those two posts were weirdly pretentious with a lot of irrelevant tangents.
    Last edited by gorast; 04-02-2014 at 11:32 AM. Reason: never mind in general

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry, I disagree with this part. NIN's music is definitely an inspiration to me, but that's a very specific type of inspiration to assume of most fans.

About your main point, yeah, I'd sort of be more interested in NIN touring with a newer group, especially if it was a group NIN chose to tour with, but I guess that's what the opening acts are for.

But Soundgarden released a new album a couple years ago. Peaked at #5 on the Billboard 200. They're saying something, and people are listening and interested.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

when end I was 18 in 1994, I loved NIN because "OMG Trent like totally understands my pain and anguish." As an adult, I love them because he's a talented musician who keeps evolving what he is doing. So that would be a no. Although I like the self-contradictory statement of "I know you disagree with me but this is why you like NIN."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I've been as down on this tour as anyone, but on a whim I listened to Spoonman yesterday and that song is still awesome

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If the Arcade Fire toured with NIN, the AF fans would be bitching that the NIN is too 90s and Lorde would be a better opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    Sorry, I disagree with this part. NIN's music is definitely an inspiration to me, but that's a very specific type of inspiration to assume of most fans.

About your main point, yeah, I'd sort of be more interested in NIN touring with a newer group, especially if it was a group NIN chose to tour with, but I guess that's what the opening acts are for.

But Soundgarden released a new album a couple years ago. Peaked at #5 on the Billboard 200. They're saying something, and people are listening and interested.
    I put many examples ... but the gist of what i was saying was basically ... that the music touches you. I didn't literally mean that the examples I provided were fact ... metA4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    when end I was 18 in 1994, I loved NIN because "OMG Trent like totally understands my pain and anguish." As an adult, I love them because he's a talented musician who keeps evolving what he is doing. So that would be a no. Although I like the self-contradictory statement of "I know you disagree with me but this is why you like NIN."
    that is not what i said, you are twisting my words.

ok i should have just been blunt .. hopefully most of you won't disagree with this: NIN is a band that touches you in a positive way. Makes you feel good.

One thing is for sure, I'm not the typical NIN fan. Call me a child .. make fun of me ... twist my words ... it's ok, I've been misunderstood my entire life.
    Last edited by Pulsewidthmod; 04-02-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Here's some live Death Grips so yall can get hype.
    Last edited by nobies; 04-02-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    that is not what i said, you are twisting my words.

ok i should have just been blunt .. hopefully most of you won't disagree with this: NIN is a band that touches you in a positive way. Makes you feel good.

One thing is for sure, I'm not the typical NIN fan. Call me a child .. make fun of me ... twist my words ... it's ok, I've been misunderstood my entire life.
    Whether it's intentional or not, this comes off as very condescending. Everyone here except for Bill loves the band as much as you do and all for different reasons. And, shocking I know, there are plenty of people who feel that way about Soundgarden.
    Last edited by Kyle; 04-02-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    condescending ... How am I supposed to respond? I feel like I'm a kid all over again and it's 1994 and i'm on aol chat in chat room for my favorite band, the smashing pumpkins at the time. I'd go into the chat room and attempt communicating and would get called a poseur. I'm sorry, I was homeschooled ... I am on the autistic spectrum.

I wish I hadn't of gotten curious as to what other fans thought about NIN touring with Soundgarden.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Let's be real here guys, no matter who NIN toured with there will be people who hate on the other band.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    NIN is a band that touches you in a positive way. Makes you feel good.
    Ready to party, have fun? Yeah, well, that was the last guys. Wrong fuckin' band. We're here to have a bad time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    condescending ... How am I supposed to respond? I feel like I'm a kid all over again and it's 1994 and i'm on aol chat in chat room for my favorite band, the smashing pumpkins at the time. I'd go into the chat room and attempt communicating and would get called a poseur. I'm sorry, I was homeschooled ... I am on the autistic spectrum.

I wish I hadn't of gotten curious as to what other fans thought about NIN touring with Soundgarden.
    Above, I agree that Kyle misunderstood what you were saying in your post. In my opinion, you should have just explained what you meant and left it at that. It sounds like you're expecting people to not be able to understand you, but there's no need to conclude that. To me, it sounds like you're frustrated with not getting your point across, but it can also come off like you're judging us everyone else on here as being incapable of understanding what you're saying.

It looks like you haven't posted much before, or maybe not since the reset, so you might not realize that the response to your post is pretty regular. In my opinion, the board is pretty argumentative but, for the most part, in a positive way. If someone states an opinion, people will respond, but usually either to give another perspective or to learn more about what the first person thinks. There's just not much to talk about otherwise.

Anyway, I don't want you to feel like you shouldn't post just because people were disagreeing or misunderstanding you. We're all bored. We want to talk to people. That's why we're on here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

NIN with Soundgarden - summer amphitheatre NA tour

If you're curious, then you should just ask, dude! There are lots of people here who like both NIN and Soundgarden.

People hated Janes, hated Peter Murphy and Bauhaus, there's always something that people hate. I think NIN fans are too stiff sometimes. They need to loosen up a little and have some fun.

If anything, people at least can admit that they get to see one of the best rock drummers in history, Matt Cameron:

Last edited by allegro; 04-03-2014 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    If the Arcade Fire toured with NIN, the AF fans would be bitching that the NIN is too 90s and Lorde would be a better opener.
    This AF fan would be extremely happy.

Lorde was quite good last week, too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    As long as formal wear isn't required.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

People hated Janes, hated Peter Murphy and Bauhaus, there's always something that people hate. I think NIN fans are too stiff sometimes.
    NIN fans? NEVER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you ... I agree. I'm on the 2nd of quitting smoking. I was just harrassed by a synth tech ... just explaining this cause I was being defenseive. For me, it's a survival instinct. Favorite Nine Inch Nails songs of mine are Right Where It Belongs, In this Twilight, To me Trent/NIN is far more positive than most of the music. My interpretation of his music and also from his interviews.The state of our world right now is not good; the people in control are greedy and heartless.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    NIN fans? NEVER
    You know us, we hate everyone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

So now that you posted this I feel bad for being harsh. I guess it's a general thing I should be more aware of that I don't know the story behind everyone I interact with on the internet and should choose my words better. I apologize.

With that said, what somebody else said is good general advice. If you act like you're expecting an argument, you'll usually get it. Some people here love soundgarden and are thrilled. Others hate them and are less than thrilled. I think a lot (myself included) are somewhere in between. I think the only time you'll get a real argument is if you dismiss the opinions of others as invalid. Based on the way you phrased your posts that was the impression I got, for which I again apologize.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    If anything, people at least can admit that they get to see one of the best rock drummers in history, Matt Cameron:

True, but Matt is not touring with them. Matt Chamberlain will drum for them.