Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN with Soundgarden - summer 2014 amphitheatre NA tour

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

....what the hell is that?

Also, Soundgarden/TPD comment may be my favorite of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    someone asked that two pages ago.
    that was me :d

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    ....what the hell is that?

Also, Soundgarden/TPD comment may be my favorite of the year.
    Pretty sure that's a still pic from the "Deep" video.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Nah, we need to keep the violence going all night, which is why IMHO they should go onstage at the same time. The show will end with everyone throwing punches (and instruments) around.
    The night will end with Robin knocking himself out by taking his guitar off just way too fast.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I panic every time I see a new email from Live Nation or Ticketmaster. The suspense is killing me.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    How is Depeche Mode any less "washed-up" than Soundgarden?
    Depeche mode isn't washed up...they are still putting out damn good music. I don't think of soundgarden as washed up either! more like a bad-ass reunion kind of thing for me. @DigitalChaos , did you see this thread? i told you we'd get our dallas show. But i was REALLY hoping they'd play Tulsa...that was where i saw lights in the sky, and that place was fucking tiny. i LoVED it. @Alrea was there...it was a badass venue, right?

Well, i wanted to see the regular tension tour, but this will be great for bonding with my mom. NIN is my favorite band, SG is hers.
    I enjoy SG but stopped paying attention after Badmotorfinger.

Oh, and BTW, Scream KICKS ASS. And even if you don't like it, i REALLY don't see it as Chris "selling out," more a case of Chris "doing whatever the fuck he wants."

My dream co-headliner would be Tool. APC was PERFECT as an opener back in '00.

You know what i REALLY wanna see though? Bowie, Nails and Manson.

But above all, i'd like to see NIN do what Rush does these days. Instead of bringing an opening act, they bill it as "an evening with Rush" and do two..or THREE sets. TR should follow suit. How about a great first set with deep album cuts, a "still" style second set, and an obligatory run through of "the hits" at the end to satisfy the people there to here "fuck you like an animal?"

Ps: i'll be goddamned if NIN just plays the fucking downward spiral. I wanna hear new shit. When i get up to where i've seen a band 5 and 6 times, i want something different. and i've seen them play most of the downward spiral, Jesus, now that i think about it, Piggy, MOTP, Closer...THAT's the boring shit for me these days. I want to hear shit like Where is Everybody and The Great Destroyer and...you know...rare shit and new shit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-12-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Well, i wanted to see the regular tension tour, but this will be great for bonding with my mom. NIN is my favorite band, SG is hers.
    Mom Rock? OK, now I feel old.

(Actually, I’ve seen a lot of concerts with my mom.)
    Last edited by Joy Prevention Hotline; 03-12-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    RE: elevenism: I was trying to say that Soundgarden isn't any less relevant than Depeche Mode. I didn't mean to imply that either was "washed up."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    (a bunch of well-thought out and positive stuff)
    i just want to thank you for being the polar opposite of billpulsipher. you're always so enthusiastic and it makes me feel good to read your posts about NIN.

big thumbs up, dude.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Any idea when we'll get an official announcement? It went from Monday to now and there's still nothing; is it more likely to be this week or next?

Oh, and a NIN/DM tour would be fantastic. There's a surprisingly decent overlap of fans and even with how pricey the tickets would be, I can't imagine a better co-tour -- neither would need to out-do the other, either, since the energy is so different for each band.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i just want to thank you for being the polar opposite of billpulsipher. you're always so enthusiastic and it makes me feel good to read your posts about NIN.

big thumbs up, dude.
    Well hot damn, thanks. You know, back when i joined ets in 07 or so, people were SO much more cynical. you COULDN'T be enthusiastic about SHIT, it seemed...you had to be snarky and cynical. What happened? Are we growing up?
    @RhettButler , i see, and i agree.
    @Joy Prevention Hotline , it's not a question of being old, it's that my mom is actually really cool. She was always in a band when i was growing up, so she was always picking out music for the family. She turned ME on to soundgarden and pearl jam! she is about to turn 56 i think, and i am 34. One band she's never gotten into, though, is NIN...until now! She loves HM. She calls it "Trent." We'll be in the car and she'll say "Honey, do you have that new Trent CD?" Haha, it's adorable.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    RE: elevenism: I was trying to say that Soundgarden isn't any less relevant than Depeche Mode. I didn't mean to imply that either was "washed up."
    Depeche still sell out 20,000 seat arena's in their sleep....cant say the same about Soundgarden....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Mom Rock? OK, now I feel old.

(Actually, I’ve seen a lot of concerts with my mom.)
    That's cool

I've seen the Cranberries, PJ Harvey, and Pearl Jam with mine. I think those days are probably over though, as she'll be 60 this year.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Depeche Mode, Bowie, Manson, Soundgarden and of coarse NIN, I love all of these artists and I'm happy seeing any combination of a line up with whoever wants to tour with each other. I'm not sure what purpose it serves stating which seating capacity each band can sellout or who is past their prime. If you like any or all of these artists and some of them decide to tour together, great!!!
    With changing musical styles and fluxuations in popularity really doesn't matter to me. I listen to these artists because I can identify with the music and it speaks to me.
    I'm not going to bail on NIN because I didn't like the direction of the last album or they can't maintain the the seating capacity the once did. For me it's about the music and I'm going to bail on them after giving 25 years of great music and good times.
    Even if there were only twenty people at the show, I would still be there, that guy in the back taking it all in watching the musicians, looking at what gear they are using and hoping I could be one of the lucky ones to catch an obscure song in the set, and getting the aderenaline rush from the show.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I was 50% sold on the tour with NIN/SG because of ticket costs but if Death Grips is involved its up to 75%. Of all the bands to tour with SG is still so out of the blue and reeks of the 90's nostalgia vibe Trent has said he wanted to avoid. And, if Death Grips is involved, I think NIN and SG will get equal length of sets, which knocks my interest down a bit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    It's bordering on hilarity how many leaks we'll find before anyone officially confirms the tour is taking place.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Any idea when we'll get an official announcement? It went from Monday to now and there's still nothing; is it more likely to be this week or next?
    Why were people expecting this to come out Monday? That NIN "coming soon" Instagram/Twitter trailer went out on what, Friday? So it's been a whole 5 days?

And no, I'm not attempting to make another TR/NIN "soon" joke.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Why were people expecting this to come out Monday? That NIN "coming soon" Instagram/Twitter trailer went out on what, Friday? So it's been a whole 5 days?

And no, I'm not attempting to make another TR/NIN "soon" joke.
    From what I remember seeing, Leviathant said something about a Monday announcement back when the first leaked date was found.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So far that makes...

July 29 Xfinity Center, Mansfield, MA
    Aug. 1 Jones Beach, Wantagh, NY
    Aug 5 Farm Bureau Live, Virginia Beach, VA
    Aug. 7 Charlotte, NC
    Aug. 8 Aaron's Ampitheatre, Atlanta
    Aug. 17 Gexa Energy Pavilion, Dallas
    Aug. 24 Shoreline Ampitheatre, Mountain View, CA
    Aug. 25 Hollywood Bowl, L.A.

Did I miss any?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Woo Tampa on the 10th I expect! Unless they want to be all crazy and go 3 days w/ back to back shows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    watch all these dates be different that the "confirmed dates." It will be hilarious.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I was 50% sold on the tour with NIN/SG because of ticket costs but if Death Grips is involved its up to 75%. Of all the bands to tour with SG is still so out of the blue and reeks of the 90's nostalgia vibe Trent has said he wanted to avoid. And, if Death Grips is involved, I think NIN and SG will get equal length of sets, which knocks my interest down a bit.
    I'd die if Death Grips opened up for NIN but I don't think it would be the right fit for a NIN/SG tour (although Matt Cameron said that he really digs DG.) But who am I to say? Also, I'm still speculating as to who should replace Matt. I'm thinking Matt Chamberlain but Zach Hill would be cool or put Ilan through double drumming duty.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa A. Veal View Post
    watch all these dates be different that the "confirmed dates." It will be hilarious.
    Didn't that happen in 2009? I think a leaked tour itinerary was released before the NIN|JA dates were announced. I remember being really excited cause some friends had told me that a local St. Louis radio station announced a May STL date based on what they saw online even though they were fake dates and the only MO show for that tour was the KC show at the Starlight Theater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does NIN ever hit up Orlando?? It seems they only hit up south Florida. Orlando is like a 6 1/2 hour drive from me. I don't even know if they have an ampitheatre in Orlando?

scratch that question, they came to Orlando last year
    Last edited by Melissa A. Veal; 03-13-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Didn't that happen in 2009? I think a leaked tour itinerary was released before the NIN|JA dates were announced. I remember being really excited cause some friends had told me that a local St. Louis radio station announced a May STL date based on what they saw online even though they were fake dates and the only MO show for that tour was the KC show at the Starlight Theater.
    I don't remember that. I hope the dates are a little off. I want to go on a day that I'm off. I can ask for those days off, but I'm not guaranteed to get them off. At least August isn't a "sweep month" ( month for ratings). I work in news. There are 4 months out of the year when NO ONE can go on vaca or take a day off. (unless you call out sick or something).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Does NIN ever hit up Orlando?? It seems they only hit up south Florida. Orlando is like a 6 1/2 hour drive from me. I don't even know if they have an ampitheatre in Orlando?
    Well he has kids now. He has to take them to Disney world.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Yes, but those leaked dates were exactly the same stops/route as the 2006 summer tour. Just different dates.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well he has kids now. He has to take them to Disney world.
    With as much as he loves coasters, he's probably using the kids as an excuse to go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

scratch that question, they came to Orlando last year

AND I had to drive FROM south Florida to orlando for Light in the Sky! poo-poo on your complaint lol!